Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpeedyKVM cancelled my service and refunded me.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpeedyKVM cancelled my service and refunded me.

aagaag Member
edited July 2018 in General

They advertise and sell a "bring your own ASN/IP" package for an outrageous $20/month + $50 setup, or a slightly less outrageous $16.67/month if you pre-pay annually ($200 total)

Then, when you order VPS instances and the BGP service, they terminate all VPS instances and reply to your ticket with "Do you want $1000/month CDN services or cancel & refund?"

Total bait & switch SCAM. Avoid at all costs. Spend your time and money elsewhere.

Comments

• Yes, don't do business with Incero and that group of asshats! It is well known around here that they are dishonest jackasses that will cancel your services on a whim for just discussing them on LET and generally are rough around the edges to deal with unless you are their favorite celebrity.

Just move on and find a better provider, consider your self lucky you didn't get stuck with these guys and only find out how shitty they treat their customers later down the road.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• vovlervovler Member
    edited July 2018

They simply didn't want to deal with you as a customer. They are known for "firing" customers if they think that they are trouble.

They offered you a full refund, it's not a scam, they didn't steal your money.

Thanked by 2ryanarp netomx
  • You're wabled

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Hmm, scam and refund can't be in the same sentence.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

vovler said:

Bait and switch is a scam regardless of whether money is stolen. I see OP alleging that bait and switch took place but I don't see a claim that money was stolen. Obviously @SpeedyKVM can reply if they want.

History around here suggests that Incero/Wable/SpeedyKVM has good equipment and (sometimes) attractive prices, but crazy management. For a while, they banned all LET members from buying from them. They seem to have quietly lifted that but that they did it at all might help you understand what you are dealing with. I suggest taking the refund and moving on.

Thanked by 3Shazan Lee lbft
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited July 2018

willie said: Bait and switch is a scam regardless of whether money is stolen. I see OP alleging that bait and switch took place but I don't see a claim that money was stolen. Obviously @SpeedyKVM can reply if they want.

Their TOS explicitly says CDN-style services are not permitted and you have to purchase dedicated unmetered bandwidth for it, so .. uh

(and has had this for a very long time)

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • williewillie Member

I've received a PM from a knowledgeable LET member who I guess wants to stay anonymous, saying that Incero and SpeedyKVM are not the same company. I thought SpeedyKVM was a division of Incero but maybe I'm out-of-date or otherwise confused. Anyway I'm posting the info here in case it's relevant.

• So... what did you do to cause them to ask if you want a CDN service? Did you use all the bandwidths?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2018

Who reads ToS? Just scream scam when you don't get what you want on LET.

Lowendbehavior101.

• vovlervovler Member

@willie said:
    I've received a PM from a knowledgeable LET member who I guess wants to stay anonymous, saying that Incero and SpeedyKVM are not the same company. I thought SpeedyKVM was a division of Incero but maybe I'm out-of-date or otherwise confused. Anyway I'm posting the info here in case it's relevant.

https://speedykvm.com/tos.html

"SpeedyKVM, ... is an Incero LLC product. By using Incero LLCs (...) products and services"

They claim otherwise in the own TOS. The funny thing, is that their 20% promo code is WILLIE

• mkshmksh Member

@willie said:

Yes, they aren't the same company. Afaik i know the owner of SpeedyKVM works for Incero though and is also quite close to their management in general.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@mksh said:

@willie said:

Yes, they aren't the same company. Afaik i know the owner of SpeedyKVM works for Incero though and is also quite close to their management in general.

SpeedyKVM is DBA Incero LLC though?

I could care less, just pointing out the obvious. It's the same thing.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • mkshmksh Member

@MikeA said:

@mksh said:

@willie said:

SpeedyKVM is DBA Incero LLC though?

I could care less, just pointing out the obvious. It's the same thing.

They are? I've never really visted their sites. It seemed like SpeedyKVM was Ryans company but maybe that's not the case after all. Sorry, should have looked before i posted i guess.

• So you can't run content delivery on their VPS or just can't setup an anycast CDN on their VPS?

I feel like we're missing some part of the story.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited July 2018

@willie said: For a while, they banned all LET members from buying from them. They seem to have quietly lifted that but that they did it at all might help you understand what you are dealing with.

On paper at least, SpeedyKVM's ban is still in place ( https://speedykvm.com/tos.html ):

Members of the online communities "LET" and "Hackforums" are banned from signing up for any new SpeedyKVM accounts in or after 2018. SpeedyKVM accounts created prior to Jan 1st 2018 may stay in place and may order additional products.

If the OP's (= @aag's) SpeedyKVM account was created since June 19th (when he joined LET), he violated this condition, no matter what else may have been the case.

• @vimalware said:
    So you can't run content delivery on their VPS or just can't setup an anycast CDN on their VPS?

We clearly are. The termination notice text is key to that. Incero/SpeedyKVM won't and can't specify why though.

""Do you want $1000/month CDN services or cancel & refund?""

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • i would like to see proof, or shut the fu(k up.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@dedicados said:
    i would like to see proof, or shut the fu(k up.

+1. Moved to off-topic till OP nuts up or shuts up.

• They're fucunts. It's a fuck/cunt combo.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CyberMonday said:
    They're fucunts. It's a fuck/cunt combo.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • emgemg Veteran

@vovler said:
    They simply didn't want to deal with you as a customer. They are known for "firing" customers if they think that they are trouble.

I don't agree. They wasted a lot of the customer's time, and now the customer has to start over and repeat the work.

A business that treats customers like that is arrogant and does not deserve my business. People vote with their dollars. Based on their behavior, I hope that SpeedyKVM does not get many votes.

Thanked by 2Yura sibaper
  • aagaag Member

@vovler said:

that's not how bait and switch works, but thank you for your comments. businesses have every right to fire customers. however paying for services advertised upfront, then having them revoked without cause, pre-emptively, is not only a shitty way to do business -- it's a SCAM.

I'm not out any money but I am out hours of my time.

• aagaag Member
    edited July 2018

@MasonR said:

@dedicados said:

what proof do you need? the paypal refund screenshot? I don't understand. I can copy and paste text from the email -- my client login has already been removed at my request.

I don't really waste my time bad mouthing companies unless they've earned it. and in my 12 years of datacenter & hosting experience, this is top 3 worst -- easily.

I would really like this put in Reviews. so please let me know what you need in order to verify...whatever it is you want verified.

• aagaag Member

@vimalware said:
    So you can't run content delivery on their VPS or just can't setup an anycast CDN on their VPS?

I don't run a CDN and have no plans to. I collect BGP data and (will) run an authoritative DNS setup. I found speedykvm from http://bgp.services/ -- not here.

it's very obviously a bait & switch. I paid $350 only to have services terminated BEFORE being contacted. then given a ridiculous offer of $1000/month instead? one could not be more obviously baiting customers and switching it up at the last moment. which is a scam scam SCAM

• aagaag Member

@angstrom said:

>

If the OP's (= @aag's) SpeedyKVM account was created since June 19th (when he joined LET), he violated this condition, no matter what else may have been the case.

businesses are free to do whatever stupid things they want. there is no correlation between my membership and whopping two posts prior to this incident with speedykvm...and my purchase of speedykvm services.

had I even done a search of speedykvm on here, I'd have known they are operated by brain dead owner(s) and not even wasted my time.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@aag said:

@angstrom said:

>

businesses are free to do whatever stupid things they want. there is no correlation between my membership and whopping two posts prior to this incident with speedykvm...and my purchase of speedykvm services.

had I even done a search of speedykvm on here, I'd have known they are operated by brain dead owner(s) and not even wasted my time.

My comment was more directed at SpeedyKVM than at you: they could have canceled your order for the mere fact that you were a member of LET when you signed up with them. (Absurd, yes.)

Otherwise, I'm afraid that I can't judge how justified your complaint is.

• @aag said:

@MasonR said:

@dedicados said:

what proof do you need? the paypal refund screenshot? I don't understand. I can copy and paste text from the email -- my client login has already been removed at my request.

Mainly proof of the offer as you interpreted it, and proof of speedykvm switching said offer.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • aagaag Member

@teamacc said:

@aag said:

@MasonR said:

@dedicados said:

Mainly proof of the offer as you interpreted it, and proof of speedykvm switching said offer.

Well, if you go to the ordering page on speedykvm, they still offer a Bring your own IP/ASN service. I pre-paid for the year @ USD$200.

I can screen shot the ticket response email from Gordon himself. but if you don't believe me now, what good is an easily faked screenshot? you're basically saying you don't believe me because there is no "proof" of my purchase and their revocation of services w/o notice (we can backfill with TOS violation because of I have an LET account registered days before purchasing -- if we have to. but it's clear that was not the reason. the TOS doesn't say LET members are allowed if they spend $1000/month or more.....).

I'm asking what you would consider as proof. If if your view that can never be adequately provided, I ask why you assume I'm trying to slander a random, insignificant VPS provider?

• BruceBruce Member

they obviously dont want your business. just take the refund and move on

• So, you mean they are not honoring this service without you buying an additional product? (aside from the vps which you'd obviously need to actually use the ips):

If so, please provide a screenshot of a ticket in which such a thing is said.

I agree with you that screenshots are easy to fake, yet that would require speedykvm to rebuke the screenshot.

Thanked by 1vimalware
This discussion has been closed.