Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New SoYouStart 2018 Prices - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New SoYouStart 2018 Prices

Comments

• huckenhucken Member

can't they do it at once? but well, propably getting the cheapest with 8TB anyway ...

• sinsin Member

I ended up picking up that new QuickPacket.net dedi deal instead, I'll still keep watch of SYS and see if I can somehow grab one of those really cheap ones though.

• I have two mirrored arm servers running NextCloud. They work ok, not going to set the world on fire, but they do what they do really well.

• With the storage servers, it must not consider servers on Kimsufi as internal to them. I am getting the same 5MB/s limitation as I am to other providers.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited June 2018

New prices on the GAME range!

Looks like the CA site got a nicer price drop than US site?

Oh, surprise! A setup fee! ;-)

Thanked by 3citrix willie ariq01
  • citrixcitrix Member

yeah just checked UK .. setup fee is adding to basket as well, happy to pay it if the new sys servers are worth it :) come on rls them.

• sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited June 2018

Ooh thats a bit disappointing. I called it on the setup fees. 99% sure Essential Range will have 50euro setup fee, or it might scale from 20euro to 50euro depending on the monthly cost of the server.

Now whats next, monthly fees for IPs?

All the peeps who've been bashing SYS with Hetzner are going to be disappointed.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

Again in 2014 once the installation fee is introduced?

• openosopenos Member

What the fxxx?

DKDOx.md.png

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@openos said:
    What the fxxx?

DKDOx.md.png

Try with 10 connections.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@AC_Fan said:

@openos said:
    What the fxxx?

DKDOx.md.png

Try with 10 connections.

Is there such an option with wget?

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@Shot2 said:

@AC_Fan said:

@openos said:
    What the fxxx?

DKDOx.md.png

Try with 10 connections.

Not easily, use aria2c (-x parameter) or axel (-n parameter).

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

@AC_Fan said:

@Shot2 said:

@AC_Fan said:

@openos said:
    What the fxxx?

DKDOx.md.png

Try with 10 connections.

And for rsync, how does one proceed?

(Actually my two SYS ARM servers in CA/FR have no issue downloading full speed, but uploading is ridiculously low - takes almost a month to restore my Kimsufi backup...).

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Shot2 said: (Actually my two SYS ARM servers in CA/FR have no issue downloading full speed, but uploading is ridiculously low - takes almost a month to restore my Kimsufi backup...).

As asked before on thread, did you check speeds over IPv6?

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@Shot2 said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Shot2 said:

@AC_Fan said:

@openos said:
    What the fxxx?

DKDOx.md.png

Try with 10 connections.

And for rsync, how does one proceed?

(Actually my two SYS ARM servers in CA/FR have no issue downloading full speed, but uploading is ridiculously low - takes almost a month to restore my Kimsufi backup...).

Haven't used rsync, so can't comment on that, what are the results using axel or aria2c?

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@rm_ said:

Shot2 said: (Actually my two SYS ARM servers in CA/FR have no issue downloading full speed, but uploading is ridiculously low - takes almost a month to restore my Kimsufi backup...).

As asked before on thread, did you check speeds over IPv6?

Nope, can't figure how to make IPv6 work on these servers. Unreachable blah blah.

• williewillie Member

Were those transfers within the OVH network in the same dc? If not, can someone try that?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2018

Shot2 said: Nope, can't figure how to make IPv6 work on these servers. Unreachable blah blah.

Try with a HE.net tunnel then. Point is, if there's some clumsy speed limiting which acts per each single TCP connection, it might not apply to anything more complex than IPv4 TCP, be it anything on IPv6 or even on tunneled IPv6 (seen as "protocol 41" on the outside, not TCP).

• FalzoFalzo Member

@willie said:
    Were those transfers within the OVH network in the same dc? If not, can someone try that?

from a regular SYS server, behaviour is the same, single connection almost always limited to 5Mbit/s.

from an OVH dedi it seems to max out Gbps everytime, no limit to be seen.

(checked with a simple wget and single connection iperf3)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

But why, the fuck is Kimsufi not limited and SYS which costs more limited to 5Mbit?

• SAPERASAPERA Member
    edited June 2018

@jaypeesmith said:

@hawkjohn7 said:
    How long arm server will delivered?

I'm new customer

You can look here:

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/server-storage/

Right now, it looks like it's 2 minutes after payment has been confirmed.

What about kvm access if i want to use arm server for windows ?
    or can i use windows on it ?

• @SAPERA said:

@jaypeesmith said:

@hawkjohn7 said:
    How long arm server will delivered?

I'm new customer

You can look here:

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/server-storage/

Right now, it looks like it's 2 minutes after payment has been confirmed.

What about kvm access if i want to use arm server for windows ?
    or can i use windows on it ?

On SYS, they charge $30 per day for KVM access. If it's an OVH server, it's included with your services. I don't use WIndows so I couldn't tell you how/if it works on ARM.

• SAPERASAPERA Member

@jaypeesmith said:
    On SYS, they charge $30 per day for KVM access. If it's an OVH server, it's included with your services. I don't use WIndows so I couldn't tell you how/if it works on ARM.

So SYS is not from ovh ?
    could anyone please confirm about using windows on ARM servers ? thanks

• @SAPERA said:

@jaypeesmith said:

So SYS is not from ovh ?
    could anyone please confirm about using windows on ARM servers ? thanks

Windows can not be run on ARM server...

• SAPERASAPERA Member

@wlambrechts said:

Ok thanks

• williewillie Member

Falzo said:

from a regular SYS server, behaviour is the same, single connection almost always limited to 5Mbit/s.

Wow :O. Is that for all SYS servers or just these ARM setups? It makes the product a heck of a lot less attractive. At the low price level I could happily live with 5mbps internet connectivity (or no internet at all) as long as there was decent speed to the internal network. But as it stands it sounds useless.

OVH if you're reading this: how about a price decrease for the ftp backup storage product, to be around where this ARM stuff is (after making adjustments for raid-6). No internet access, internal only. Then no need to play games with connection speeds.

• FredQcFredQc Member

willie said: Wow :O. Is that for all SYS servers or just these ARM setups?

No, usually the upload speed is not bad on regular SYS servers, but don't look for premium bandwidth here. They "garantee" 250Mbps within their network, not after the routing has reached outside OVH or about.

As I see, their ARM servers comes with no bandwidth garantee, which is even worse...

• vishvish Member
    edited June 2018

@wlambrechts said:

Windows 10 can run on arm apparently since the fall creators update

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/apps-on-arm

• williewillie Member

Thanks and maybe I misinterpreted Falzo's post. I'm asking if someone has tested upload speed from one of these ARM servers to another OVH server inside the same DC (i.e. not over the internet). Falzo might have done this, but it's unclear.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@rm_ said:

Shot2 said: Nope, can't figure how to make IPv6 work on these servers. Unreachable blah blah.

Try with a HE.net tunnel then. Point is, if there's some clumsy speed limiting which acts per each single TCP connection, it might not apply to anything more complex than IPv4 TCP, be it anything on IPv6 or even on tunneled IPv6 (seen as "protocol 41" on the outside, not TCP).

I'll first try with UDP.
    Should the bw issue persist, will try with other protocols and why not tunneled IPv6 if I can find my HE.net credentials... :P