Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New SoYouStart 2018 Prices - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

New SoYouStart 2018 Prices

13468928

Comments

  • sinsin Member

    I guess no one has opened a ticket about it? I was going to but I hate the torture of trying to deal with OVH over network problems lol. I can totally understand a limit...but a 5Mbit limit is a little much. I'll have to setup an ipv6 tunnel like @rm_ said and try that (I couldn't get ipv6 working on it either).

  • rm_rm_ Member
    edited June 2018

    sin said: I can totally understand a limit...

    Nope. There is no such limit to "understand", the product page says these have 250 Mbit bandwidth, not mentioning any other limits: https://www.soyoustart.com/fr/offres/1801armada01.xml
    Whoever has these, open tickets and complain. We could also try asking the wonderful OVH guys we have here on LET, @wokenwoll and who else.

    As for testing if there's the same limit on IPv6 or in tunnels, that's more for a curiosity than a real solution. And it is not ruled out that there's no intentional limit, but a misconfiguration with the network card (for example), or the switch.

    Thanked by 2sin vimalware
  • karanchookaranchoo Member
    edited June 2018

    i have multiple Sys servers and i have 2 ARM servers from Last year ,
    all server in same DC , on use these servers as plex storage with opemnmediavaluet and have it mounted on my Sys servers via cifs , and they easyly reach 800-900 mbit.
    Just got new one with less price , and it same ,

    if you are in same DC , you have direct gigabit connection in both upload and download.

    and

    i just Rsycned my one arm server to other arm server with approx 6 tb of data in approx 34 hours.

    @willie said:
    Thanks and maybe I misinterpreted Falzo's post. I'm asking if someone has tested upload speed from one of these ARM servers to another OVH server inside the same DC (i.e. not over the internet). Falzo might have done this, but it's unclear.

    Thanked by 2willie vimalware
  • sinsin Member

    rm_ said: Nope. There is no such limit to "understand", the product page says these have 250 Mbit bandwidth

    That's true, there's nothing on there about a limit which is pretty shitty. I hate how they try to fall back on that "we only guarantee speeds within OVH" too.

  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited June 2018

    @willie said:
    Thanks and maybe I misinterpreted Falzo's post. I'm asking if someone has tested upload speed from one of these ARM servers to another OVH server inside the same DC (i.e. not over the internet). Falzo might have done this, but it's unclear.

    I have to admit I did not check properly on the DCs as I assumed SYS france is all in the same anyway. but that's not true, as I just saw...

    so to clarify, from SYS ARM in GRA1 to a SYS dedi in RBX4 results in 5Mbit/s , from SYS ARM in GRA1 to an OVH dedi in GRA1 is full speed (1Gbps)

    I agree with @rm_ this simply does not match the product description and is to be complained about, but I did not find the time to open a ticket yet. IPv6 also seems to be kind of broken, at least I did not get it to work, if someone manages to do so, please let me know how.

    Thanked by 2willie vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    This really is of concern and should be forwarded to OVH/SYS support and maybe LET reps asap.. I haven't been with SYS for a while but this does not sound good :S

    @Clouvider will be just sitting there waiting for people to choose quality over cheap again :P

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @Ympker said:

    @Clouvider will be just sitting there waiting for people to choose quality over cheap again :P

    if Dom was about to offer cold diskspace at around 2.50 and >100mbps I am all in for it :-)

    Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2018

    @Falzo said:

    @Ympker said:

    @Clouvider will be just sitting there waiting for people to choose quality over cheap again :P

    if Dom was about to offer cold diskspace at around 2.50 and >100mbps I am all in for it :-)

    Sounds delicous! Though probably never gonna happen due to..reasons :P

    At this point even MyLoc Webtropia may perform better than SYS network..

  • williewillie Member

    The SYS ARM thing sounds still like a good deal to me purely as local backup space. But yeah it doesn't come anywhere near meeting expectations of the advertised product. Would be great if some of the OVH folks could comment.

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FalzoFalzo Member

    Ympker said: At this point even MyLoc Webtropia may perform better than SYS network..

    actually I found the network to be quite reliable for my dedis I have/had with SYS.

    this 5Mbit stuff with the ARM storage is the first time I stumble across such crappy stuff. however for my personal use case I can live with it, as I might always have a dedi in GRA1 to attach that storage to or in case I need to pull a backup, I'd also be able to just spin up an hourly instance with their public cloud in GRA1 for a few cents etc.

    if I find some time later on maybe I give their german support a call and directly ask about it, though I doubt it will change much ;-)

    I'd be more interested in someone figuring out how to setup the ipv6 stuff.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2018

    @Falzo said:

    Ympker said: At this point even MyLoc Webtropia may perform better than SYS network..

    actually I found the network to be quite reliable for my dedis I have/had with SYS.

    this 5Mbit stuff with the ARM storage is the first time I stumble across such crappy stuff. however for my personal use case I can live with it, as I might always have a dedi in GRA1 to attach that storage to or in case I need to pull a backup, I'd also be able to just spin up an hourly instance with their public cloud in GRA1 for a few cents etc.

    if I find some time later on maybe I give their german support a call and directly ask about it, though I doubt it will change much ;-)

    I'd be more interested in someone figuring out how to setup the ipv6 stuff.

    Hehe fair enough :P IPvWhat?

    Sadly it will have to work at some point :(

    Thanked by 1ariq01
  • NihimNihim Member

    for IPv6 I can't find the ticket but I am pretty sure I had asked them before about the IPv6 on the control panel and they had told me that regardless the ARMs don't have IPv6.

    Or I dreamed about it because I have tried numerous times to make IPv6 work on it.

  • Shot2Shot2 Member

    Probably a matter of old/incompatible network devices, as is the case with the old ARM Scaleway dedis.

    At the end of the day this ARM crap is not that much interesting price- and featurewise. Using them as pure storage next to a bunch of "real" servers apt to deliver the announced bandwidth (a bunch of VPSes, Cloud instances, dedis) makes things contorted while costing almost the same as a full-fledged SyS...

  • rm_rm_ Member
    edited June 2018

    Regarding native IPv6, referring again to the product page, it does say (in one place) that IPv6 is not available: https://www.soyoustart.com/fr/offres/1801armada01.xml

    Below it says a /64, but that part might be a boilerplate.

    And no such excuse for bandwidth, it's 250 Mbit in both of the spec tables.

  • NihimNihim Member

    I have to comment again that the old price ARMs had pretty darn good speeds. I posted above a comparison of old vs new ARM (same cpu, disk size, different price) and the differences on the upload are huge.

  • What's the inbound performance with rsync + default AES ciphers, from say Hetzner network?

    at 9euro, I should maybe just try out gSuite first to see if I can stuff 4TB there.

  • Shot2Shot2 Member

    @rm_ said:
    And no such excuse for bandwidth, it's 250 Mbit in both of the spec tables.

    I've tested briefly a transfer over udp (both ways, between FR Arm-2T and CA Arm-4T), looks like there is no such ridiculously low limit, it even went above the 250 Mbit lol. Why the heck are they so insanely throttling outgoing TCP...

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    vimalware said: What's the inbound performance with rsync + default AES ciphers, from say Hetzner network?

    haven't tried yet, but the CPU might become a bottleneck. I've already seen that turning off compression on an ssh mount helps speed up things (inbound that is) ...

  • Can anyone who is experiencing the 5Mb/s issue send me their ticket numbers?

  • Shot2Shot2 Member

    According to OVH support, the page https://www.soyoustart.com/fr/offres/1801armada01.xml is perfectly fine and up-to-date, no issue or contradiction whatsoever, lol. What a bunch of crap :)

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @OVH_Matt said:
    Can anyone who is experiencing the 5Mb/s issue send me their ticket numbers?

    Hey Matt, where exactly am I supposed to see a ticket number in the SYS control panel?

    I just opened a ticket to enable you to follow up on this, but there are no numbers assigned also did not get a mail or something. the URL contains a message number which is 9682651

    I can send you my handle and mailaddress if that helps ;-)

  • sinsin Member
    edited June 2018

    @OVH_Matt said:
    Can anyone who is experiencing the 5Mb/s issue send me their ticket numbers?

    I haven't opened a ticket yet but would love if someone at OVH could take a look at the SYS ARM's...it seems like everyone here (and on other forums apparently) are experiencing the outgoing throttling.

    My ARM Server: BHS6 - Rack: T06G35 - Server ID: 308751

  • OVH_MattOVH_Matt Member
    edited June 2018

    @Falzo said:

    Got it.

    @sin said:

    Made a note of yours as well

    Thanked by 3sin vimalware Falzo
  • mtsbatalhamtsbatalha Member
    edited June 2018

    My one is uploading at 200Mbps my torrent ISOs without any problem.

  • GRA - no issue with download, upload capped at 5MB/s 99% of the time.

  • acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited June 2018

    I have the ARM-4T in BHS Canada its capped outgoing at 5MB/s per stream....Download no problems full speed.

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited June 2018

    Mispressed from draft (Mod please delete)

    Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • creicrei Member
    edited June 2018

    @OVH_Matt said:
    Can anyone who is experiencing the 5Mb/s issue send me their ticket numbers?

    ticket 9683819

    My ARM Server: BHS6 - Rack: T06G35 - Server ID: 308764

    Thanks you.

  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited June 2018

    @OVH_Matt - My ARM Server: GRA1 - Rack: G124B17 - Server ID: 745158

  • NeoonNeoon Member

    Apparently Kimsuf + SYS + OVH just deadpooled.

Sign In or Register to comment.