Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alpharacks.com - some dirt
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

alpharacks.com - some dirt

Just putting this out there as a moan but relevant/worthwhile enough to make it public.

I have a service with Alpharacks who are quite keen on sending out promotional emails.

Their unsubscribe link is broken. I opened a ticket mentioning this and asking for removal from their promotional material and got a blank ticket response.

Getting emails like '[myname] - Response Required ⌛ (Time Sensitive)' just to spam promotions is pretty crass. I'd be amazed if it fosters a positive response more than a negative.

It seems like my only option is to not renew my service with them as looking out for invoice reminders is being outweighed by the crap they send.

Thanked by 1MasonR

Comments

• WickedWicked Member

I think someone is having a bad day

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • WSSWSS Member

I unsubscribed several times, but still get messages- so I've moved them to /dev/null for not only email, but future business.

• What a plague!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hzr said:

That's freaking hilarious.

Francisco

• DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2017

"Customers hate them! Lose future business with this one easy trick!"

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited July 2017

@hzr said:

How dare you share that.

@WSS said:
    I unsubscribed several times, but still get messages- so I've moved them to /dev/null for not only email, but future business.

Not a customer, but moved to same location.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I never tried to unsubscribe but yeah, their subjects are near offensive level. I don't get "offended" easily. I may anger easily, but I don't get offended. This brings me close.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2017

@hzr

I must say, they sure send out a lot of promotional emails.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

@FlamesRunner said:
    @hzr

July 1, July 4, July 7, July "Order our damn servers!"

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2017

@MikeA

Their servers belong in /dev/null. Seriously, they suck.

Did I mention every link in every email still works?

For those who actually want to use them, here's every special I've received since I first signed up in December:

https://www.alpharacks.com/Holiday2016 (12/16/2016, 12/18/2016)
    https://www.alpharacks.com/ResellerSpecials (12/26/2016, 5/13/2017, 7/26/2017)
    https://www.alpharacks.com/NewYear2017 (1/15/2017, 1/30/2017, 1/31/2017)
    https://www.alpharacks.com/valentines (2/8/2017, 2/14/2017)
    https://www.alpharacks.com/Easter2017 (4/10/2017)
    https://www.alpharacks.com/MemorialDay (5/26/2017, 5/28/2017, 6/4/2017)
    https://www.alpharacks.com/July4 (6/22/2017, 7/1/2017, 7/4/2017, 7/7/2017)
    https://www.alpharacks.com/SummerSale2017 (7/21/2017)

In chronological order, formatted by date (month/day/year).

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @hzr

Just send them a response email saying "no I dont want this shit" every time their email contains "response required". If more people do that, theyll stop with it soon enough.

• Well, this is new. I though you were gonna complaint about their vps or anything. But email ? you can always hit spam button you know. Or create filter. It's not like they randomize their address every time they send shit.

• I also received many junk mails from them, but I think they already fixed the unsubscribe link, because I did it

• All of us received all those junks.

• @yokowasis said:
    Well, this is new. I though you were gonna complaint about their vps or anything. But email ? you can always hit spam button you know. Or create filter. It's not like they randomize their address every time they send shit.

that not how it works, they should add unsubscribe link to every marketing mail

• If a marketing email doesn't have unsubscribe link or broken link , then it's considered as spam. As simple as that.

Heck , I even marked spam some marketing email that has too many steps to unsubscribe.

@sibaper said:

@yokowasis said:
    Well, this is new. I though you were gonna complaint about their vps or anything. But email ? you can always hit spam button you know. Or create filter. It's not like they randomize their address every time they send shit.

• I originally came to them from RIJX and kinda got to liking them. That's changed though. They stopped one of my two instances for non payment and charged me $20. I had assumed it was on auto renew. When I talked with them about it, they essentially implied that their accounting system is out of their control. So there goes a few years of good will on my part - my opinion now is that they're jerks.

• If you send your promotional mails with "immediate action required" people will learn to ignore those phrases when they come from you. Will bite you in the ass when you really need to urgently contact your client.

Thanked by 3Aidan ricardo Pwner
  • @sibaper said:

@yokowasis said:

They have it. I tried and success. You can try it on below their email.

Thanked by 1ScienceOnline
  • @hieuhuynh said:

@sibaper said:

@yokowasis said:

They have it. I tried and success. You can try it on below their email.

WHMCS unsubscribe stuff fails when you have a + in your email, like [email protected]. It just doesn't recognize the + as being a valid email address character.

Thanked by 3ricardo Aidan Pwner
  • teamacc said: WHMCS unsubscribe stuff fails when you have a + in your email, like [email protected]. It just doesn't recognize the + as being a valid email address character.

Good to know.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Calling @alpharacks ... but probably in vain.

• everyone whose inbox is on Gmail infra should just hit 'mark spam', all on the same day.

That would be frontier justice.

• I blocked them a while ago. Just like you, couldn't find a way to stop those emails.

• @ricardo said: iI
    Just putting this out there as a moan but relevant/worthwhile enough to make it public.

It seems like my only option is to not renew my service with them as looking out for invoice reminders is being outweighed by the crap they send.

You'll still get the marketing emails. I have no active service and just added them to my spam filter.

• cociucociu Member

WSS said: (Edited by @jarland to remove unnecessary insulting)

i like your signature :)

• Saragoldfarb said: You'll still get the marketing emails. I have no active service and just added them to my spam filter.

Indeed :) but I won't be expecting an invoice reminder.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

Fucking hell, did they hire some scammy internet marketer to do their promotions?

This shit firmly puts them in my "never use" bucket, which they were pretty close to already...

EDIT: And with "internet marketer" I mean the type of person that runs sketchy "buy this ebook now to learn how to become a millionaire" sites and spams them everywhere.

Thanked by 3MasonR netomx Pwner
  • How I make $5,000 a week working from home.

unsubscribe

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

@cociu said:

WSS said: (Edited by @jarland to remove unnecessary insulting)

i like your signature :)

Me too. That's why I put it there.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ