Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Also, how are you defending someone with weeks of downtime, a clear lack of concern for customer service, and an overwhelming superiority complex? The man (is he an adult? I'm still not clear on that) can certainly stand up for himself if anything here is out of line. If what he says is true, he's a much larger operation than almost anyone else here. Nothing to defend, but lots to explain (and apparently his clients are not satisfied with the information they've received so far). I think it would be a huge step for him if he's learned anything solid from this and I'm immensely curious to know what revelations he's received.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

Nick, still blood thirsty?
    (yes, I know that I am repeating myself)
    You really enjoying from this miserable situation, don't you?

@Nick_A said: Also, how are you defending someone with weeks of downtime

Huh? You're starting to imagine things... I would appreciate if you would read my response before you making up things I never posted neither implied.

• Spirit, why would you defend such a prick? It's obvious he's a little douche from all the things he's posted. Sure he's a kid, but that doesn't mean he should be forgiven for the stupid shit he does/says. Sure he may grow up and be a decent person, doesn't mean he gets people's respect because one day he might be a nice guy.

Thanked by 2Legendlink lbft
  • NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

@Spirit, Nick_A hasn't even said that much in this thread anyway, plus he is a reputable provider AFAIK and has every reason to slap a little sense in someone. I don't think he is enjoying himself, he's just making a point. Everyone else has gotten a piece of chris anyway.

@Kairus I wouldn't go that far, but then again theres people with 15 days of downtime still.

I'd say, deadpool and hell with this thread

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@Nexus said: he is a reputable provider AFAIK and has every reason to slap a little sense in someone

He's new provider which many people started to like, but that's completely irrelevant. It's just why all this pretending when it's pretty obvious that people want just a bit of blood from someone who did and said some stupid things and hurted feelings of few known community members in past (I was there at IRC that time).
    I don't defending Chris, I feel sorry for his clients who have all rights to complain and I believe that I explicitely stated this above. But I do not support mass parading vengeful hosts instead clients in this thread.

• @Nexus said: @Kairus I wouldn't go that far, but then again theres people with 15 days of downtime still.

It's the things he says while he has people with two weeks of downtime that makes me feel that way.

Disclaimer: I don't have a VPS with him, doing fine w/ ChicagoVPS & Hostigation.

• @Spirit said: I don't defending Chris

As much as you try to deny it, I can see how others say you are, and I tend to agree. But I also think you are trolling them to give them a shoe on the other foot type argument.

• We are still having trouble with one VPS server that is causing us nothing but grief. Sure mistakes may have been made but we are trying to correct them for the clients. What I find interesting is how my competitors have taken a keen interest in posting on this thread. Amazing, they account for majority of the comments here. I feel like a swimmer in a tank full of sharks! Also, calling me names is not polite.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@miTgiB said: As much as you try to deny it, I can see how others say you are, and I tend to agree. But I also think you are trolling them to give them a shoe on the other foot type argument.

heh, Timmy... how many times you said that people beat dead horse when there was some longer thread and look at you now. Double standards, hypocrite? It's hard to go away after you said already all what you had to say, isn't it?
    Yes, I was at IRC few months ago when he hurted your feelings so why do you even pretend after you said already, let me quote you: " @miTgiB said: payback is a bitch...."

• and you trashing others is very polite?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

It's like the avengers movie all over again

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • LAKidLAKid Member
    edited October 2012

found it.

• My avante vps is back up.

For how long, I can't say.

Hopefully long enough to pull good backups...?

• @John_R said: For how long, I can't say.

99.99% uptime, so it should be up for a long time.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited October 2012

@Giant_Crab Over 38 Decades, if they are to get back to 99.99% uptime after 14 days of downtime.

• @SimpleNode said: @Giant_Crab Over 38 Decades, if they are to get back to 99.99% uptime after 14 days of downtime.

@HostBluff

• @ChrisK said: Its up, but still we're getting a steady attack of 8Gbps

He means that he is still getting everything back-up but he blames a DDoS that is never happening.
    How can your website be up when an 8Gbps is on your network, you only have a single 1Gbps line!
    And how can you possible measure that attack when it exceeds your line!
    There are the lies again...

• @BronzeByte said: There are the lies again...

Not trying to repeat myself but @HostBluff

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

I must say that apart from the obvious lies he is throwing around and the attacks on other hosts, ChrisK was unusually polite and replied ferocious attacks quite calm and composed.
    He could learn a lesson here, unless his composure is because he doesnt give a rat's ass about what his customers think, but I think otherwise.
    No problem, he deserves to be called for his lies, it does seem a bit extreme at times and I hope he will learn.
    Being able to refund many ppl and big amounts, also shows some strong points, there is some potential, I wouldnt be so sure he will deadpool soon, but I wouldnt buy from him either.
    M

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @chrisK is trying to defend his actions through blaming other hosts. Chris, you've been nothing but on the offence to anybody who's had an opinion here, majorily, now you've realised how much of a fool you've looked, you've backed down. Atleast apologise and let this rubbish move on.

• @jarland HostDime isn't an overly amazing provider from my research

Umm there network does not have alot of downtime. There tech support is second to none. They bend over backwards for people. I can't see there being a t 48 hour downtime with thier stuff. To me it sounds like there were other issues.

• @Spirit said: heh,

And you still follow the same sad path, say nothing about the subject, just push your own agenda. I have your number now, I know you are just a failed troll, so I'll keep feeding you.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@24khost said: Umm there network does not have alot of downtime. There tech support is second to none. They bend over backwards for people.

Definitely. I had a bad string of issues when we considered using them, ended up asking for a refund for a year prepaid. I don't judge them heavily for it, but it's not an experience I had at say...LiquidWeb. I won't go too much into it but anyone shopping should ignore me, I would hope that my experience isn't a normal example.

• @jarland Your experience is not the norm. Specially if your having any issues like that I would have straight up contacted Manny. It would have been fixed asap.

• Who's Manny

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: Who's Manny

Manny Vivar - Vice President of Global Operations for HostDime

http://www.hostdime.com/about/our-team/

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited October 2012

I thought you meant Manny Ramirez

I got excited for a bit :(

(Not that I'm a fan of Boston...)

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited October 2012

Manny will personally talk to anybody.

And we got our first refugee from this deal. Giving a $1.00 off per month per life.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@24khost said: Giving a $1.00 off per month per life.

Do you have any $15/y plan? $15-$12 = $3/y. I'm in! =P