Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@eastonch said: Did somebody mention he's 16

Yet he talks about how he knows board members on Equinix haha

• I think not only did our sale start taking off, i want to offer @ChrisK one last time to sell his "business" here and we will take over. Shoot us some figures at jshinkle [at] chicagovps [dot] net. We'd love to help your clients out.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@jshinkle Are you telling me I should be offering a refugee sale too? D:

• @jshinkle you'd be purchasing a death wish, how many clients does he have, and how many will persist, since majority will be LEB/LET readers as I guess his plastic XEN/KVM were the most popular items, bar his minecraft, which is a dying trend.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Is Avante a registered company? If so where can I find this information?

It should be since they have EV SSL, I asked SecureTrust about their verification procedures and they claim to verify the business as well as the employment of the person who purchased the SSL. I would blame it on Ontario not having an easily searched business listing, the only way I've found to really search is to submit to a company and pay for them to do it, no complete directories are online from what I've found.

The company information listed on the whois I would suspect is not entirely accurate, unless the PO box is of an agent who registers companies, but again I am unable to find such information without payment.

As I have asked before, if you are the CTO Chris, then who is the CEO?

• @eatonch,

it may be dieing, but we are taking them anyways with our sale. At least i'm trying to do it nicely.

@Nick_A sure, it would boost business :D

• @CVPS_Chris
    Not directly, but yes I know someone with a connection.

• @jshinkle
    I'm not interested in selling.

• lol that's fine @ChrisK. Just was at least being nice to save your business.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

@jshinklejshinkle , He wants the "monthly" income he gets from his great "hosting company"

• So whats the final consensus if anything?

My kvm vps "boots" (takes forever, but it does), but doesnt acquire an ip (I can connect to via the console/vnc via solusvm)

dd results are barely reaching 1 MB/s.

Thanked by 1luxor
  • you're lucky if you can boot...

Thanked by 1Randy
  • eastoncheastonch Member
    edited October 2012

So what's going on then, is Avante dead? We need to get @Liam to write the DP report.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited October 2012

They will lose the trial by repeatedly lying about their services and equipment.
    Also, they were not able to fulfill their promises to their customers.
    They did not a deliver what they advertised and for example with the overnight shipping: they committed fraud.

@Chief said: At what point do we update this offer and class Avante Hosting as "deadpool?"

http://obsidiancraft.com/home/m/2216558/article/762378
    Chris will be in court soon, and he is going to lose, because I know for sure that lying about equipment, not delivering services, taking money for shipping that never happened is all fraud.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • @BronzeByte said: Chris will be in court soon, and he is going to lose

Well that escalated quickly.
    @ChrisK I hope you have learnt your lesson about scamming/cheating and lying.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited October 2012

@GIANT_CRAB said: I hope you have learnt your lesson about scamming/cheating and lying.

Nah, first a few years jail for fraud I guess.

• @BronzeByte said: Chris will be in court soon

Good luck with that, ChrisK being a Canadian minor.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@miTgiB said: Good luck with that, ChrisK being a Canadian minor.

This means that he is not the legal owner of the company if he is a minor. Atleast according to our laws it is like that (Bulgaria), not sure for Canada? I am pretty sure that if anyone desides to sue, there will be someoen legally liable of the actions of the company. Honestly for bills ~3k $, I would sue as well (depending on the location of course, it might just not be worth it).

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: onestly for bills ~3k $, I would sue as well

The legal soup of Avante is going to make any sane person stop and weigh if it is worth the trouble, and how likely are you to collect if you prevail. @BronzeByte speaking of jailtime for fraud doesn't seem to have much grasp on sanity or reality. It is bad enough living in one US state and the other party in another, add an international border and 3 new cans of worms are opened.

• @miTgiB -- His parents will be legally responsible, I assume it's the same as the UK, or for any minor, their parents being responsible.

I'd even go as far as saying his parents will get faced with a hefty fine and or jail time.

Couldnt Chris also go to Juvinille? Or "Young Offenders"?

• Seems like his site is down as well
    http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/avantehosting.net

I also remember him having a EV SSL under Avante Hosting Inc so any info on his company background and who the directors are?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I am certain that jail time is out of the picture here. However Tim is right, internations lawsuits are something expensive.

• Wont be expensive for a CA user being f'd over though will it? In the end, potentially worth it for ObsidianCraft (3K bills...)

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: I am certain that jail time is out of the picture here. However Tim is right, internations lawsuits are something expensive.

Taking in account ObsidianCraft has spent about $8000 USD on Avante?

• I was in control of a server making ~1K/month with $400/month server bills. Communities are easy to find' especially during the summer with kiddies with allowances.

• @BronzeByte said: Taking in account ObsidianCraft has spent about $8000 USD on Avante?

$8k is not a very good use of taxpayer resources to go after, when the prosecutors can chose to go after much larger targets. The big questions for ObsidianCraft is how likely they are to prevail in a civil action, and if they do, how likely they are to collect.

Thanked by 1nunim
  • @miTgiB said: $8k is not a very good use of taxpayer resources to go after, when the prosecutors can chose to go after much larger targets. The big questions for ObsidianCraft is how likely they are to prevail in a civil action, and if they do, how likely they are to collect.

You obviously underestimate Obsidiancraft.

• @BronzeByte said: You obviously underestimate Obsidiancraft.

Has nothing to do with them when speaking of criminal fraud.

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited October 2012

If chris does get sued, which I give it a 0/10 chance happening I will make EVERYBODY on this forum a sammich

• @Spencer said: I will make EVERYBODY on this forum a sammich

No ham, plz. Have had enough ham from this thread.