Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• Nope
    We complied with the very few we got.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2012

HostDime isn't an overly amazing provider from my research and brief experience. Their support and friendliness rivals the best, but my brief experience + observations lead me to believe that they've either gone through a rough patch or are not quite what they used to be. I don't mean to trash talk them, they are great people.

To be fair. Still no excuse for downtime over 48 hours. If I had to build up debt and give everyone a new IP, I'd pick that over downtime that long. But that's just me.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Amazing how 3 cabs 6 months ago turned into cages with multiple 10GB lines haha.

Syke

• @ChrisK

Instead of spending your time bickering on LET, I wish you would restore access to my VPS. It has been down now for 15 days. (See Ticket #242836)

Surely trading barbs with other forum members can wait until after your customers are provided the services they are paying for?

• @swsnyder said: down for 15 days

Wow.

• 15 Days? My goodness

• As @swsyner, in the past month my VPS had a 60% uptime. Seems that they trashed my VPS during the move and no reply to tickets (#542305).

Yes, it's cheap. Downtime can be forgiven if credited properly, but wandering for a week offering a new VPS "meanwhile" instead of just telling the client that they had destroyed customer data is not nice. Yes it happens, and the client should have it backed but if at least they'd give proper info about the problems, we won't need to complain publicly about them.

And 9 days later still the VPS is offline and no new one either.

• @swsnyder

Most of us are paying customers, albeit tiny plans but still, paying customers. @chrisk, irrevant of the fact you don't post there any more . re, you did post there in the past and pissed off quitea ffew people there by the looks of it.

• Yep. The node Dallas-Xen-1-Reg went down on Sep. 29, taking all hosted VPSs with it. When I first saw the outage I figured it was a transient glitch, then opened a ticket on Oct 1st.

Numerous posts to the ticket by the Avante staff promise that a call is in to the datacenter, that the VPSs are being migrated to a new node, that the migrations are almost completed, that most VPSs are back up, that a new server can be provisioned for me if I don't want to wait, etc.

Oh yeah, and don't look to their Network Status page to find out, well, anything.

Thanked by 1luxor
  • @luxor said: Yes, it's cheap. Downtime can be forgiven if credited properly

Honestly, I think crediting customers works as a band-aid when downtime is only a few days.

Reading through this thread I'm seeing: bad I/O, no responses to tickets, ChrisK bashing other hosts when he should be busy working on getting his "superior" infrastructure back online, and weeks of downtime. Obviously something is wrong, I would get out and take my business elsewhere.

Seems like a few credible hosts here are willing to help with that, but be aware you might experience bad cabling, if that means anything.

• @Zen if the box has 1XTB HD ? 48 hours aint enough

• 2 weeks is enough. Stalling and lying only works so long...

• @ChrisK, I understand you are the CTO of Avante Hosting Services Inc, who may I ask is the CEO?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Uhm..

He has superior hardware, he will only get it shipped, not migrate between nodes.

• At what point do we update this offer and class Avante Hosting as "deadpool?"

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Uhm..

He has superior hardware, he will only get it shipped, not migrate between nodes.

Pony Express?

• Rack 'n' Roll RedBull included

• @Chief
    We are certainly not "deadpool".

• @ChrisK said: We are certainly not "deadpool".

Downtime still continues, and no ETA, no reply to tickets. So what exactly are you doing?
    So far all that distinguishes you from deadpool is blabbering about infrastructure, and promises to be back up at some unknown point in the future.

• Well we also have 2 x MLXe-8 so those are 7U's each.

This is either illogical or untruthful, someone like EGI run in the vicinity of 100 racks off a single MLXe-16 according to the tooth fairy that delivers this information. You're basically now claiming to have the same amount of infrastructure to run a handful of servers as someone has to run a whole floor. As I said, that's either illogical or untruthful.

Thanked by 1eastonch

@Chief said: This is either illogical or untruthful, someone like EGI run in the vicinity of 100 racks off a single MLXe-16 according to the tooth fairy that delivers this information. You're basically now claiming to have the same amount of infrastructure to run a handful of servers as someone has to run a whole floor. As I said, that's either illogical or untruthful.

Why not (joking)? If daddy's a millionaire, he can buy switches and routing gear, instead of Porsche..

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Is Avante a registered company? If so where can I find this information?

Thanked by 1erhwegesrgsr
  • @Alex_LiquidHost said: he can buy switches and routing gear, instead of Porsche..

A Porsche would be cheaper

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov

@miTgiB said: A Porsche would be cheaper

How much does switches cost? Will save me some time in googling and searching for them..

Anyway, when googling "avantehosting is a scam", so many different discussions pop out that it is a abit scarry.

• orienorien Member
    edited October 2012

@miTgiB said: A Porsche would be cheaper

And plenty more fun.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @ChrisK said: We are certainly not "deadpool".

DeadLake maybe lot of space for racks and Porsche

• @Chief
    Chassis is quite cheap, so we decided to go with something that we can expand into.
    We could have gone for MLXe-4 but the price difference was minimal between the -8 and we have the rackspace.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said: Is Avante a registered company? If so where can I find this information?

Apparently not in Canada, eh?

• Did somebody mention he's 16? That means his PayPal is invalid... Or atleast; not under his name.