Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM Down?

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else experiencing their VMs being down with BoltVM? My VM is down and it will not boot. I've tried to connect via VNC but I don't think it's enabled.

8 hours ago I opened a high priority ticket and still no response. I also tried emailing the level 3 support email ( [email protected] ) but it just bounces back.

Is anyone else having problems? I checked my monitoring system and looked and what was happening prior to the downtime and network, CPU and memory were all running stable.

Thank you

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

huh

the other day they were selling ddos protected servers...

lol

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Well just their billing system, surely they have a Skype contact somewhere out there. Who owns BoltVM?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

@Steven_F owns BoltVM

• This seems like a common occurrence from BoltVM in terms of support disappearing. There was a couple of weeks where support was non existent iirc.

• any bills go unpaid ?

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

He surely just forgot to pay a license or so again... ;-)

• LeeLee Veteran

But gets listed on LEB. Seems not even the mods will learn never mind the buyers.

• Kind of surprised that BoltVM got delisted last time and approved this time...

• Stay away with boltvm, they not good for long term

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited October 2015

The site is under DDoS. I didn't have a chance to move it to a DDoS Protected VPS before, all nodes are online, though.

Edit:
    Odds are, your VPS was null routed for outbound SMTP by ColoCrossing. We just got hit with a huge number of VPS being null routed over the past 12 hours.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • I'd also like to add, VNC on OpenVZ VPS with Virtualizor is not supported.

• MunMun Member

@Steven_F you know what! You aren't supported.

Thanked by 3Lee J1021 lukesUbuntu
    edited October 2015

@Mun said:

At least I'm not EOL!

I've installed Monit, so if we get hit again, MySQL will pop back up after a minute. And I'd like to reiterate, all nodes are online. This downtime is limited to a few clients, who I'm assuming were compromised and used for spam.

• MunMun Member

@Steven_F said:
    I've installed Monit, so if we get hit again, MySQL will pop back up after a minute. And I'd like to reiterate, all nodes are online. This downtime is limited to a few clients, who I'm assuming were compromised and used for spam.

XD

Good job on fixing it up ;)

• I have re-contacted support and awaiting a reply. VPS is still offline after 16 hours.

• What services of state now?

• Do you know which node you are on? Mine container is still running strong! :)

• Mun said: so if we get hit again, MySQL

RUN

Steven_F said: The site is under DDoS. I didn't have a chance to move it to a DDoS Protected VPS before

this time make sure you move it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 32 hours downtime. Last message I got was that it could have been a null-route. Haven't been able to contact them since due to there billing/support panel being offline.

• @Lee said:
    But gets listed on LEB. Seems not even the mods will learn never mind the buyers.

Someone feels sharded :P

• Another company not to buy anything from.https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:lowendtalk.com+boltvm&btnG=Search&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr and site:lowendtalk.com boltvm down and https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:lowendtalk.com+boltvm+review&btnG=Search&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr.

Nothing but a bunch of offers and whining of the servers' constant downtime.

• LeeLee Veteran

@0xdragon said:
    Someone feels sharded :P

Ok Mr Moderator want to be.

• @Lee said:

Jealous that someone could be better at your job than you ever were? :-)

Not interested.

• LeeLee Veteran

0xdragon said: Jealous that someone could be better at your job than you ever were? :-)

Not interested.

Not at all, so many would be great at the role and far better at it than I, I did it for spell and made the choice to give it up. Like I said before I have no need for it although was happy to assist when Maarten asked me to.

If you are suggesting you could be better at it than I was then perhaps, however I would very much doubt you will ever get the chance. Run off back to IRC now.

edited October 2015

error : 'mysqld' failed to start

No idea why Monit failed to start MySQL, it was definitely working before. I've turned it back on.

@GM2015 said:

Err, except, our nodes have had 100% uptime over the past three months. Our website is under attack whenever a LEB ad is posted.

• Then shoot your competitors.

Steven_F said: Err, except, our nodes have had 100% uptime over the past three months. Our website is under attack whenever a LEB ad is posted.

• @Lee said:

I don't use the IRC and never have :) I thought that was your territory?

Mkay, didn't need the sob story :)

• LeeLee Veteran

0xdragon said: Mkay, didn't need the sob story :)

Ever since you have come back out of hiding after the CloudCommando fail you have have a serious chip, not sure why but it's there to see.

• Just thought I would update you.
    Server is still down, coming up to five days now. Ticket has gone unanswered for 4 days.

Thanked by 1Fritz