Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice for XFuse(GVH) issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need advice for XFuse(GVH) issues

ArchieArchie Member

I had three yearly plans with GVH but recently I found all monthly bandwidth in the plans reduced to 1/3 of before(that must be 8T before), so I opened tickets for help.

I don't expect the plan will be completely back but I'm disappointed for the way they do to me the customer, I also did not receive any plan changing notices from them until I find it myself.

Complaints from a customer not happy with

Comments

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited May 2015

The hell? So he decides to take over a company offering unsustainable deals, then he (without-notice) downgrades the specs to something more sustainable when the clients are only there because of the promised resources. To top it off, he "can't refund" because the money was not paid to him... LOL

Duke owes OP a refund. Period.

Thanked by 2Scottsman Droidzone
  • J1021J1021 Member

Eddy McInnis aka @linuxthefish

• TrafficTraffic Member

@Jonchun: OP's a final customer and was sold a yearly plan for a product. He is now being denied it, and seeing the conditions of the product he purchased changed unilaterally, retroactively to already paid for periods, and without notice.

That is not right in my book.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • JonchunJonchun Member

@Traffic

Isn't that what I said ._.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

@Jonchun said:
    Traffic

Isn't that what I said ._.

I'd bet I read "you guy" in the last line, and last time I read it it looked like you had the opposite opinion. Sorry :)

• HuskyHusky Member

Sorry, he bought the company. That includes current liabilities like this. Yes it needs to come out of XFuse's pocket.

• JonchunJonchun Member

@Traffic said:
    I'd bet I read "you guy" in the last line. Sorry :)

heh.

on topic: I really don't see any type of damage control that can be done. pretty much sums up how xfuse deals with things pretty clearly. It's also not an administrative error considering the owner is the one who personally told the client to go purchase more bandwidth and essentially tried to force an upsell.

Any respect there was for a company trying to turn GVH around is now lost.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

Oh so he really bought GVH? I though he said somewhere the deal was over?

• joereidjoereid Member

I swear I recently saw either an email or post where duke said he decided to honor the old GVH plans. I just renewed a yearly plan with 8 ipv4 addresses. I wonder if that number will go down one of these days without notice...

• TrafficTraffic Member

@joereid said:
    I swear I recently saw either an email or post where duke said he decided to honor the old GVH plans. I just renewed a yearly plan with 8 ipv4 addresses. I wonder if that number will go down one of these days without notice...

Watch out, might as well become a NAT one...

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

@Husky said:
    Sorry, he bought the company. That includes current liabilities like this. Yes it needs to come out of XFuse's pocket.

+1. Duke needs to honor the plan GVH sold this individual whether he received the money from the client or not. He knew the types of promos GVH offered, he knew some would be paid at terms greater than month to month, he can't just change the rules of the game because he doesn't like the types of promos that were run by Nugz. In for a penny, in for a pound. Honor your agreement Duke. You knew the mess you were getting into, honor the original terms of this clients account. Change it if you must but only after his current contract expires.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited May 2015

If he wants to change the terms of your contract he needs to give you the option of a pro-rated refund. Case closed.

@XFS_Duke honor your contracts or pay up.

Maybe you could open another gofundme campaign to help cover refunds?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

JoeMerit said: If he wants to change the terms of your contract he needs to give you the option of a pro-rated refund. Case closed.

This he also confirmed about 10 times he would honor current plans up to renewal.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • AnthonySmith said: This he also confirmed about 10 times he would honor current plans up to renewal.

He also confirmed that the prices would not be raised and the price for all my VPSs was increased by more than 300%

https://i.imgur.com/h3NMZV3.png

https://i.imgur.com/bOkq4lk.png

He also said that GVH would not be selling VPSs again and 2 weeks later GVH was selling VPSs again.

Thanked by 1ATHK

Well to be fair it is not unfair for him to put prices up to make the business sustainable but at the end of the contract terms surely is the moral thing to do.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    Well to be fair it is not unfair for him to put prices up to make the business sustainable but at the end of the contract terms surely is the moral legal thing to do.

FTFY

• FredQcFredQc Member

Same here, I had the "24-cores $7 /m VPS" with GVH. Now with that xfuse take over, they capped the CPU to 50Mhz. Sent a ticket about it and short answer was "to prevent abuse" ... Oh Well ...

Don't be silly price increases are perfectly legal at the point of refresh of any contract or billing term i.e. when neither party has any remaining obligation to the other.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

I left them too since they changed my $8 yearly to $15 a year and the specs weren't even that good. It was one of those 25TB plans and I said that I would be more than happy to give up the bandwidth in order to keep the price... Oh well, just another customer ;p

• TrafficTraffic Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Don't be silly price increases are perfectly legal at the point of refresh of any contract or billing term i.e. when neither party has any remaining obligation to the other.

That is right, however you said

AnthonySmith said: but at the end of the contract terms surely is the moral thing to do.

(implying no obligation, but rather morally right to do)

@Traffic yeah fair point.

I think what stands out here is that the customers on completely unsustainable plans are the ones being hit and he did say some of those would need to be looked at.

I agree that there is an obligation to offer some compensation to those that are affected which could take the form of a more sustainable plan with an extension of the period e.g. less bandwidth or cores but the term extended by a third of the remaining time if financial compensation is not on offer and it is with fair notice.

It was never going to be easy and Duke is trying to fix the mess so it works better for the majority not the minority, it is never going to sit well with 100% of the people but the business interest does need to be protected also or everyone loses out.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

Well it was obvious the plans would be changed, but as @Husky pointed out, current customers' plans are liabilities which they also bought when they bought the company/customers, and which they must abide to.

Common sense must apply though, and ideas like those you @AnthonySmith mentioned are good solutions for many of the clients - most of them don't actually need that much resources so they might end up getting a better deal. But XFuse should have known that current paid-for periods should be honored at the agreed conditions.

If a deal is 100% closed (and those were), you must abide by the conditions agreed upon. No excuses.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited May 2015

AnthonySmith said: Well to be fair it is not unfair for him to put prices up to make the business sustainable but at the end of the contract terms surely is the moral thing to do.

You missed the part where they said they weren't gonna raise prices...

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited May 2015

I see XFS_Fuse was bidding on an auction, it seems he didn't see this thread.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited May 2015

comXyz said: I see XFS_Fuse was bidding on an auction, it seems he didn't see this thread.

Thanked by 2MikePT comXyz
  • @kcaj said:

Phew.. that was a lucky escape.

Thanked by 2MikePT Traffic
  • I belive this has been fixed?

• I believe this has been resolved. However, upon renewal, some plans are increasing in price.

If you guys want everything for $1/month the look elsewhere. I'm doing a lot of things to provide a better service and abusers are being suspended and people with unsustainable plans will see some price increases.

Sorry to the people affected by this. I just don't see how 8 or 9TB of bandwidth is needed per month on a $35/year VPS, much less how any provider would offer this in the first place. It is just ridiculous.

To the person who said GVH was back selling VPS accounts again, got any proof? He wanted to, but it didn't happen. I do believe he was helping another company out but I'll leave their name out of it for the time being..

Either way, situation has been handled and we have made some internal changes.

By the way, @JoeMerit, maybe you can setup a GoFundMe account to buy yourself a life. I don't refund payments that were made to GVH or payments that were made prior to me taking over. It is as simple as that.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

XFS_Duke said: maybe you can setup a GoFundMe account to buy yourself a life

Wow, where did that come from?

Edit: nevermind, I see :)

Thanked by 1netomx
This discussion has been closed.