Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice for XFuse(GVH) issues - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need advice for XFuse(GVH) issues

Comments

• @lbft said:
    Well the issue is you apparently don't know how to run a company.

Surely it is hosts like GVH, 123systems & BlueVM only who know how to run companies 'properly' where you buy servers at cheap too good to be true yearly pricing only to later find out that your server doesn't boot at all, remains offline for months without any reply to tickets or everything works but you suddenly wake up one day to find that your account has been terminated because of 'abuse'.

Regardless of whatever the motives were behind that acquire of customers those whose servers are now with Duke should be grateful to him for coming to the rescue to try & provide a realistic & solid service otherwise you would have surely ended with the fate I described above. But that being said he should honor those unrealistic plans until renewal at least.

Thanked by 1XFS_Duke
  • XFS_Duke said: I do want to stress to everyone that I spent no money on this acquisition, so I technically didn't BUY anything. I paid nothing. Nothing. Jonny Nguyen did not receive any money from me or XFuse for these customers and such.

From VPSboard:

XFS_Duke said: Here is the thing about him owing money... Up until recently, i was responsible for the past debt. That was changed and was laid to rest so now he doesn't owe me money, he owes it to HVH and CC. Sorta moved debt around and such so to speak. I did receive the customers and such for free. I didn't pay Jonny a penny for them. Since taking over, I've paid roughly $5000 to HVH. $5000 and still had some money left over. Imagine that. GVH wasn't profitable as it was being ran like shit, but with basically the same clients and just negotiating bills and such, I've made a profit. Still aren't in the clear yet though, but working on it.

Technically it doesn't matter if Nuggets received a dollar from you. You still took on his clients contracts; the servers and billing were passed to you.

Digging even further, you may not have paid Nuggets anything, but you initially agreed to take on his debt (at least part of it). Technically that $5,000 counts as payment for the clients, and can be inferred as payment to Nuggets.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2015

I know I love drama but even I gotta say, at this point, have a beer guys. Everyone beat down nuggets left and right for his unsustainable offers, and their first demand of the person that acquired them is that he continue it.

I get it, he chose to acquire them, and you didn't choose to make the offer. I totally get that. I get the whole moral values, legal, blah blah... just once maybe have a beer and let a guy do the best he can with the situation he's got himself into and seriously if you were using GVH for production you deserve whatever you get.

Up in arms about the unsustainable offers, you bought them anyway. Up in arms about them being unsustainable when they prove to be so, and up in arms that it wasn't allowed to deadpool like you were hoping. I know you'd all be more satisfied if the whole thing died and Johnny ran away with your money, because the story would be more fun to read. Well, it didn't happen. This happened. This story is not interesting. You won't be telling it to your kids at bedtime, sorry. Time to move on.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jar said: Time to move on.

Without GVH drama, my life has no meaning.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

XFS_Duke said: Sorry to the people affected by this. I just don't see how 8 or 9TB of bandwidth is needed per month on a $35/year VPS, much less how any provider would offer this in the first place. It is just ridiculous.

Your views on what is "ridiculous" are irrelevant. If their usage does not violate the terms that they agreed to, they are well within their right to use it. This has been contractually established, and you do not get to do one-sided renegotiation - that's not how contracts work. Limiting their bandwidth to anything less than promised despite no violation of terms is a breach of contract, simple as that.

Your choice is to either honor the contract or refund the customer. You took on the customers, you took on the liabilities. Whether you paid for it or not, is irrelevant.

• XFS_Duke said: I do want to stress to everyone that I spent no money on this acquisition, so I technically didn't BUY anything. I paid nothing. Nothing. Jonny Nguyen did not receive any money from me or XFuse for these customers and such.

So are you saying you lied here?

XFS_Duke said: Again, nothing that anyone donated to me has anything to do with my business decisions. Period. This is my business money that is doing this and not my personal funds. I literally paid more for food in one month than what I paid or will pay. It will be profitable for me.

Thanked by 1OnraHost
  • ahfbwebahfbweb Member

has he ever told the truth?

A contract requires an offer, acceptance of the offer and consideration. The consideration in this case is that you assumed some of the GVH debt for the acquisition. An interesting case in point, you could have given Jon a chicken nugget and that would be adequate consideration. Therefore, whether or not you "paid" Jon Nguyen does not matter. You assumed those client contracts and are obligated to provide the service outlined in them.

If it were me, I would inform those clients of a price change to reflect the costs of providing the service. If they are unhappy with this they are welcome to switch to another plan. Just changing their plan to your whim is really not on.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2015

@XFS_Duke has been helpful to Me in migrating My VPS to Quadranet Facility with unchanged plan & price. From the above post, I get to know that,

1. Duke / XFS Solution / TAC VPS didn't pay any money to Jonny for the acquisition of VPS Dedi customers of GVH.

2. But, he is paying for the current servers because he's not using CC anymore (perhaps) and migrating all to his servers.

3. And that's for sure that Jonny's Plans were not sustainable if you want to do long time business.

I just get wondering How much money Jonny needs ! Despite of knowing that With a $40/Year Reseller, unlimited IP Addresses for cPanel Accounts isn't possible but he's providing that in WHT. I had doubt seeing him selling Asia Location (Singapore) Reseller. Because, He provided Master Reseller in NY but in other Location only Reseller which he doesn't own the servers in other locations. He probably be using EZPZHosting as it's quite similar that EZPZ provides master reseller in those locations & he provides reseller from there. --- Cut It out --- Sorry

• He is a piece of crap born in this world.

Really? It's a web hosting service - do we really, really need this kind of nastiness about it?

Thanked by 1mpkossen

@summertime said:
    Really? It's a web hosting service - do we really, really need this kind of nastiness about it?

Sorry for what I said but its almost that. You can compare him with others, what he offers, he ownself can't sustain and therefore sells his brand. Isn't it ?

• Go hard or go home.

This case go home

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Go hard or go home.

This case go home

To Whom are you telling these ?

• This should not be done to clients who have already paid for 1 year! They paid the price what you or GVH was asking. You can change prices for the new Clients.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    To Whom are you telling these ?

Anyone who wants GVH to work.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Nuggets latest ad. Lol!

• AmitzAmitz Member

Epic!

• @Epidrive said:
    >

Thank you! I remembered the same thing, just didn't feel like digging for it lol.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

agoldenberg said: Nuggets latest ad.

The fact that they are all one dollar bills makes that priceless.

• @raindog308 said:
    The fact that they are all one dollar bills makes that priceless.

I laughed harder at this than I should have.

• agoldenberg said: Nuggets latest ad. Lol!

See, the sad part is that i can't really decide if that is really his latest ad or if you are making a joke

• gsrdgrdghd said: See, the sad part is that i can't really decide if that is really his latest ad or if you are making a joke

:P

• BruceBruce Member

name and shame

https://twitter.com/greenvaluehost/followers

also this: Soon you'll be able to throw $ in the air like it's nothing!

• TrafficTraffic Member

@Bruce said:
    name and shame

Nah, maybe some of them were automated... no need to shame spammers as well :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

God! :-/
    How could I even think that this was just a joke...

• TrafficTraffic Member

@Bruce said:
    also this: Soon you'll be able to throw $ in the air like it's nothing!

He could have done that in the ad :)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2015

Found that posted by drmike on vpsboard. I agree with him - this one is even better (and more honest)!

• tdaletdale Member

Omg lololololol Morning coffee = everywhere.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@GVH, sorry for the off-topic, but this is totally worth it.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

I just hope he gets back into VPS hosting soon

Thanked by 1MikePT
This discussion has been closed.