Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice for XFuse(GVH) issues - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need advice for XFuse(GVH) issues

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

XFS_Duke said: By the way, @JoeMerit, maybe you can setup a GoFundMe account to buy yourself a life.

Sick burn!

Thanked by 3netomx Pwner ATHK
  • TrafficTraffic Member

XFS_Duke said: By the way, @JoeMerit, maybe you can setup a GoFundMe account to buy yourself a life. I don't refund payments that were made to GVH or payments that were made prior to me taking over. It is as simple as that.

Note to myself: never, ever pay a single cent to Duke. His way of doing business resemble anything but a trustable company.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Traffic said:
    Note to myself: never, ever pay a single cent to Duke. His way of doing business resemble anything but a trustable company.

+1.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2015

XFS_Duke said: I don't refund payments that were made to GVH or payments that were made prior to me taking over. It is as simple as that.

This is why I wouldn't take over customers from another business where 100% of the revenue had been invested back into the business (or spent on who knows what). By taking the orders you should build up enough funds to handle things, but when you acquire the clients you're simply taking on a financial liability and have none of the income generated from clients that, in your mind, are as good as receiving free services for up to several months in the future.

That said, the best stance is "We will honor the remainder of the contract, there will be no refunds given." It sounds like that's where you've landed, and I can't think of a better way to handle it at that point. You can't be expected to perform favors in a dark alley to refund the customers, as I assume you received zero of their generated income.

It's a tough situation no matter how you spin it. LET members who specifically purchased these packages while knowing that they were unsustainable, simply out of curiosity, would be kind to cut you some slack. It isn't required, they didn't make the offers or agree to acquire the clients, but I think there are many people here who should keep that in mind simply out of decency.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • trvztrvz Member

It's a tough situation no matter how you spin it.

It isn't. Why take over a poorly run business at all?

Thanked by 2J1021 Mark_R
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@trvz said:
    It isn't. Why take over a poorly run business at all?

He did, so it is. I would have recommended that he didn't, but I wasn't asked for advice on that. Now that it's done, there is no easy way out of it. That is truth.

Thanked by 2MikePT deadbeef
  • hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

I don't think you can purchase a company without inheriting its liabilities?
    There was no purchase of company. The clients info, their data, and the servers leased by GVH got "transferred" to Xfuse maybe. Not entirely sure how things went down.

• Are you aware that he is "giving out" "unlimited" Dedicated IP's by any chance Duke?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • BruceBruce Member

without Duke rescuing GVH customers, they would all be left with ZERO service. perhaps he was stupid to do so, but it seems to have been done in good faith. rather than criticising him for making some adjustments, how about showing some appreciation for trying to help out. he could have just cherry-picked the decent accounts and ditched the crap ones.

anyone who got stiffed out of what they paid for, try going after nuggets. he is the one who profited from selling these deals

Thanked by 2XFS_Duke Licensecart
  • XFS_Duke said: I don't refund payments that were made to GVH or payments that were made prior to me taking over.

So you are saying that it is well within your legal and moral right to change the plans people paid for (e.g. cutting bandwidth) without offering the possibility of a pro-rated refund?

Thanked by 2Traffic Droidzone
  • BruceBruce Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:

GVH no, Duke yes. your beef is with nuggets, NOT Duke

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • J1021J1021 Member

So @XFS_Duke, did you change this guys plan mid-term or after a renewal where money was paid to xFuse?

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited May 2015

Jar said: LET members who specifically purchased these packages while knowing that they were unsustainable, simply out of curiosity, would be kind to cut you some slack.

I would rather have GVH died completly than Duke enabling Jon to be able to provide any hosting services at all.

Bruce said: GVH no, Duke yes. your beef is with nuggets, NOT Duke

Nuggets is a joke. Duke is enabeling Nuggets. Thereofre my beef is with Duke

Thanked by 2FrankZ Mark_R
  • BruceBruce Member

Nuggets could be back in business even without Duke rescuing his abandoned customers. If you want beef with those enabling him, go after those who extended credit to him then, and whoever is providing the hosting now.

• @kcaj said:
    So XFS_Duke, did you change this guys plan mid-term or after a renewal where money was paid to xFuse?

Jack, Plans were modified and things got changed. This also happened when I modified the SolusVM module lately. Not sure why, but I've been fixing it. This particular customer used a max of 6TB of bandwidth in a single month and the month prior to the 6TB month, he used roughly 3TB. I may be mistaken though, but I do know there was a massive jump in bandwidth usage. I asked what he runs on here to justify the amount of bandwidth he was using and he declined to respond. He knows what he runs on the VPS that uses a large bit of the network port at times.

For example:

Either way, he is now limited to 8TB per month. The renewal price increase will be sent soon. As I don't mind giving people loads of resources, I just don't expect the resources to be abused by running Squid, Tor or running torrent downloaders. ColoCrossing's Buffalo network is slow enough as it is without these people piling on more shit.

@gsrdgrdghd, read above. Stuff happens. We fix them.

@PremiumN, he's offering unlimited IP's on some reseller accounts from other companies for shared/reseller hosting. He isn't the brightest person. He is also offering a 1 Year "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee! LOL. Except, he doesn't actually have to refund anyone as he'll just cite abuse or something like that. Completely pointless.

Regarding refunds of funds not paid to XFuse Solutions, LLC, TacVPS or any of my other companies, I have no plans of refunding any of them, at any point, for any reason. If you made them to the sites mentioned above, then yes, you are eligible for the 14 Day Money Back Guarantee, provided you do not abuse the services.

To be honest, XFuse has been in business for almost 3 years with almost no complaints at all. Since taking over the GVH stuff, people like to complain about changes. Is it because these people are so used to getting the world for $1? Maybe so, but if I gave you everything for $1 and it costs me $10, who is actually losing there? Bandwidth isn't cheap. Servers, drives, ram and IP's are semi cheap, but bandwidth is the highest cost overall. The NY nodes use on average 50TB/month and it's from just a few clients overall. Jonny succeeded in what he wanted to do, give away everything for free. He gave people 25TB bandwidth per month on 1GB Ram VPS. There is a lot of things that no real business would do. However, stuff that a summer host would do. I cannot and will not sell services at a the same prices as a summer host. I will make changes in the services, including migrating nodes to different DC's in order to provide something that will be a lot better for our customers. Putting it this way, I am investing money into the company to make the services better for everyone, because I appreciate the customers who aren't abusers. This money invested will not go towards allowing our customers to have a better service.

If you are a current customer, I appreciate you and will do whatever I can to make sure your service is running better over the next few months. If you're an abuser or spammer, expect not to have services for too much longer. If you're receiving 75% discounts on services that should be paid for, this won't be happening upon renewal.

If anyone has account limits that were changed and can prove it, send us a ticket. I'll resolve it.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Nuggets is a joke. Duke is enabeling Nuggets. Thereofre my beef is with Duke

How exactly am I enabling Nuggets? I don't provide him services and I forbid him to offer VPS services again as he couldn't do that without being a complete moron. Example, his shared hosting services that are ran on servers that he has no access to.

So how am I enabling him? I don't see where that happened, ever.

• XFS_Duke said: So how am I enabling him? I don't see where that happened, ever.

Weren't you, just a few weeks ago, talking about allowing Nuggets to sell VPS again and only scrapped that plan after substantial criticism?

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • TrafficTraffic Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Weren't you, just a few weeks ago, talking about allowing Nuggets to sell VPS again and only scrapped that plan after substantial criticism?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_amnesia

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2015

XFS_Duke said: but if I gave you everything for $1 and it costs me $10, who is actually losing there?

The only reason nuggets had a large majority of customers is because that is what he offered them. You took on all those clients with that expectation but then expect them to bend to your will? I know your not that stupid.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

XFS_Duke said: Regarding refunds of funds not paid to XFuse Solutions, LLC, TacVPS or any of my other companies, I have no plans of refunding any of them, at any point, for any reason.

Then your alternative is honoring the contract until it expires.

You really seem to be struggling with two key concepts:

(1) When you buy the customer's contract, you have to honor that contract. Whether you make or lose money is irrelevant. If you couldn't make money, don't buy the contract. Now that you have, you're on the hook for it, same as if you'd promised it yourself.

XFS_Duke said: Sorry to the people affected by this. I just don't see how 8 or 9TB of bandwidth is needed per month on a $35/year VPS, much less how any provider would offer this in the first place. It is just ridiculous.

(2) The point of a contract is that two parties agree what's going to be provided, not that one party later says "this is unreasonable". Your judgment about what is or isn't reasonable for $X is completely irrelevant because you agreed to it. You weren't the one who struck the original bargain but you're the one who bought the contract, so you agreed to it.

When I got a mortgage on my house, it was later bought by another mortgage company. That second company could not say "wow, we think your rate is too low and no provider should have offered that in the first place. It is just ridiculous. So we're raising your rate." That's not how business works.

You should have just passed on the option to buy the GVH mess. But you didn't and now welcome to the responsibilities you willingly took on.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

XFS_Duke said: Example, his shared hosting services that are ran on servers that he has no access to.

Um, what? Are you providing the servers that his shared hosting (the current GVH) runs on?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:

I didn't scrap it for substantial criticism, I scrapped it because it wouldn't work and I'd rather keep my word over making more money at the hands of Jonny. The only way that was going to happen is if I was his provider and that I had input on pricing and specs to make plans that were sustainable. However, it wouldn't work because he is hard headed and doesn't like money. LOL. But the idea wasn't scrapped due to people on LET complaining, it was done because it just won't work.

Either way guys, you keep complaining back and forth with eachother. I have a business to run and I believe the situation is resolved. No need to keep bickering back and forth on something that you guys have no need for. You don't run my company. So we're all good to go at this point.

Have a good one, I'm going finalize some migrations and such.

• XFS_DukeXFS_Duke Member
    edited May 2015

@raindog308 said:
    Um, what? Are you providing the servers that his shared hosting (the current GVH) runs on?

No, he's running on some resellers from I believe Eezypeezy? and other companies. He has WHM reseller access, not full root access on all but maybe 1 full node that is with CC. So yea, still not sure why people buy from him, but to each his own...

EDIT:

I do want to stress to everyone that I spent no money on this acquisition, so I technically didn't BUY anything. I paid nothing. Nothing. Jonny Nguyen did not receive any money from me or XFuse for these customers and such.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member

@XFS_Duke said:

Price.

• I hope you do see that the statement made by you not even half an hour ago and the statement you just made are in direct conflict to each other.

XFS_Duke said: So how am I enabling him? I don't see where that happened, ever.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    I hope you do see that the statement made by you not even half an hour ago and the statement you just made are in direct conflict to each other.

Did I enable him? Or was I going to, but didn't? So therefore, my statement is true that I did not enable him. I disabled him. Maybe re-read.

• My bad, let's phrase it this way: you wanted to break your word and enable him, but didn't because you thought you would loose money.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    My bad, let's phrase it this way: you wanted to break your word and enable him, but didn't because you thought you would loose money.

Not at all, apparently you didn't read it or can't comprehend it properly. Let me quote it for you..

XFS_Duke said: I scrapped it because it wouldn't work and I'd rather keep my word over making more money at the hands of Jonny.

This means, that I would have made more money, not lose money. Understand it now?

• XFS_Duke said: Not at all, apparently you didn't read it or can't comprehend it properly

And in the same post you also said:

XFS_Duke said: But the idea wasn't scrapped due to people on LET complaining, it was done because it just won't work.

"keeping my word" != "just won't work". Let's face it: You were ready to break your word if you thought you could have made a decent profit off it.

• lbftlbft Member

XFS_Duke said: You don't run my company.

Well the issue is you apparently don't know how to run a company.

This discussion has been closed.