Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH change pricing, could be UK only, current and existing customers. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH change pricing, could be UK only, current and existing customers.

124»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

rm_ said: No, a good way to do that would be to start a thread on a popular hosting forum without getting any explanations or confirmation first -- oh wait, that's what you just did. -- Then also stubbornly refuse to rename it, keeping the clickbait/FUD title, even after confirmed only UK customers are affected.

Lol OK then, I will let you pick the name, go for it, I will change it.

I don't need to get additional confirmation when the email was sent with the specific information I am talking about and I paste it verbatim.

Such an angry young man.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rm_ said:

AnthonySmith said: Why the hell are they sending it to kimsufi and sys customers then haha, good way to start a global panic.

No, a good way to do that would be to start a thread on a popular hosting forum without getting any explanations or confirmation first -- oh wait, that's what you just did. -- Then also stubbornly refuse to rename it, keeping the clickbait/FUD title, even after confirmed only UK customers are affected.

It's accurate, didn't OVH raised prices?

Clouvider said: It's accurate, didn't OVH raised prices?

The email sent to a kimsufi only customer and also SYS customers say they will go up by 20%, some forum posts say it is OVH only, and apparently I wanted to click bait everyone and have a crystal ball up my ****

Thanked by 2Clouvider vimalware
  • AnthonySmith said: I wanted to click bait everyone and have a crystal ball up my ****

I'd get that removed, it might be a fun trick for the party season but it'll all end in tears.

Nekki said: I'd get that removed, it might be a fun trick for the party season but it'll all end in tears.

You get used to it pretty quick.

• @Nekki said:

I'd get that removed, it might be a fun trick for the party season but it'll all end in tears.

One Man one ball

• OVH post (same text Anthony posted): http://mj.ovh.com/nl2/5r7l/1248j.html

I'd be interested to know: if you have an existing service that will be affected by the increase in January, what happens if you try to renew it right now?

Thanked by 1Vinnyletje

@willie said:
    OVH post (same text Anthony posted): http://mj.ovh.com/nl2/5r7l/1248j.html

I'd be interested to know: if you have an existing service that will be affected by the increase in January, what happens if you try to renew it right now?

Content blocked on Virgin Trains :(
    What could OVH possibly do this time to deserve it...?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

Screenshot

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@Harambe said:

@Clouvider said:

Screenshot

Thanks, really appreciated, that's a great example of community spirit : )

• @rm_ always ruining the fun

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @sin said:
    So OVH Staff replied on this: https://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?11703-SYS-20-Price-Increase-for-New-and-Existing-Customers

with:

"I can confirm this does not affect the Kimsufi or SyS ranges, this is only related to OVH.co.uk Dedicated Servers. "

That makes more sense!

Thanked by 1sin
  • So worst case scenario they'll start charging me €11/month for my i5, 16Gb ram and 2 Tb storage... Outrageous :)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @Saragoldfarb said:
    So worst case scenario they'll start charging me €11/month for my i5, 16Gb ram and 2 Tb storage... Outrageous :)

They wont, because you're not paying in GBP.

for now ;-). Euro is also going down vs USD, aiming at 1:1.

• @Clouvider said:

They could just reduce the amount in USD instead of increasing the amount in EUR.

Wishful thinking.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@teamacc said:

@Clouvider said:

They could just reduce the amount in USD instead of increasing the amount in EUR.

Wishful thinking.

Yeah, if only the entire world wouldn't benchmark to USD ;-).

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @Clouvider said:

@teamacc said:

@Clouvider said:

Wishful thinking.

Yeah, if only the entire world wouldn't benchmark to USD ;-).

OVH, as a french company, might keep the euro as a benchmark though...

At this moment they're increasing GBP pricing while not decreasing USD pricing. I call bullshit.

They pay for hardware in USD and for Colo related costs in various other currencies. I'd be inclined to assume the price will be linked with USD. Who knows though, who knows.

• OVH increases pricing on ovh.co.uk

Wow... that will convert some Brexiteers, right?
    Mr. Johnson will switch sides no, right?

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2016

USD is up up up in the air now. Every other currencies against USD is getting hit. Not to mention the JPY and other Asian currencies (CNY, as well).
    Parity against EUR is more likely just about time. The big question is: When OVH decided to let International customers in, why don't they choose USD as their main currency? I thought the labor cost is still using EUR right?

Just curious, how much have this world's crissis have impacted OVH as they would prefer (the worst scenario) to raise the price., instead of going on efficient.

• smoothifysmoothify Member
    edited December 2016

My Enterprise SP-64s are up for renewal, this month I can renew 1 month at the current price, but if I try 3, 6 or 12 months the new higher prices are already active from month 2 onwards, so no saving is made.

The way they do it is the price has already been increased to £35.44 (ex vat) but there is a £7.09 (ex. vat) discount applied for this month only.

I know it's still a good price, and there has been currency fluctuations, but funnily enough GBP is at it's highest level against the EUR for a while.