Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH change pricing, could be UK only, current and existing customers. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH change pricing, could be UK only, current and existing customers.

Comments

• Fartmother!

• Fartmother!

Dangerously close to shart territory... IMO

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

How does one unsubscribe from a thread they started in this broken toy house?

• @AnthonySmith said:

Abandon existing account/start new account.

Thanked by 2zafouhar bugrakoc
  • @AnthonySmith said:

Email or LET notifications? You can untick in preferences.

edited December 2016

Ishaq said: Email or LET notifications? You can untick in preferences

That is global, not per thread, but I will take that as a 'you cant on a per post/thread basis'

Once a popular thread descends in to an utter fart mother the notifications fill up quick :)

• @AnthonySmith said:
    That is global, not per thread, but I will take that as a 'you cant on a per post/thread basis'

Correct.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Ishaq said: Email or LET notifications? You can untick in preferences

Once a popular thread descends in to an utter fart mother the notifications fill up quick :)

Price or fame. Unlucky.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

Just remember that I get a notification for each post in the "cest pit" and count your blessings ;)

• @Zare said:
    Hardware prices for British hosting companies have gone up recently, however our server prices will remain stable. Newer technologies have allowed us to keep our footprint costs very low, as well as failing transit prices.

If UK companies don't want their server prices fluctuating because of exchange rates, bring them home!

Might have to at this rate, depends how much the increase is aah!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

I guess it makes sense if it is UK only. It amounts to responding to inflation in the GBP due to Brexit. Are folks in the UK seeing other types of price increases? If yes, it would be nice if nominal wages were also going up--are they?

• 20% discount? Only read 20% and OVH in the title. What's discounted?

• @willie said: it would be nice if nominal wages were also going up--are they?

Yes, slightly.

• @Ishaq said:

@willie said: it would be nice if nominal wages were also going up--are they?

Yes, slightly.

My wage aint shifted for atleast a year! Haha when did these go up, I may have missed it without paying attention if it was only pennies. Last time I got a pay rise by a few pence I ended up being put into the next tax bracket and earning less than I was before!

jarland said: Just remember that I get a notification for each post in the "cest pit" and count your blessings ;)

That sounds like a really efficient way of doing things haha.

Create new account, call it LET-Cest-Pit, give it ownership, no more notifications, you become an instantly more efficient admin because your notification animation becomes something other than white noise.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @jarland said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Just remember that I get a notification for each post in the "cest pit" and count your blessings ;)

Please remember that you chose to hijack that thread away from @mpkossen.

You could just create a second account (@jarland_cestpit) and transfer ownership of the pit to that to keep your notifications clean.

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

teamacc said: and transfer ownership

Sounds so easy, doesn't it. If only that were a Vanilla feature. I wiped the content of a thread of mine that was no real loss, where the thread was older than cest pit (ensuring original post date would read earlier than any post in that thread), then merged the cest pit thread into it ensuring that my original post would then become the top post in the thread.

I could always ask someone to make a DB change for me but I like working with what's available, and I'm not complaining ;)

• How about locking the current cest pit thread and making a new one with a different account? It's common for forums to lock threads that reach a certain size, and open new ones ("Cest Pit thread #2" or whatever) for discussion to continue.

• camargcamarg Member
    edited December 2016

@r0t3n said:
    I have kimsufi servers billed via OVH, the 2.99 euro ones. I wonder if they will class these as OVH or kimsufi servers?

I have one of these as well. I got it renewed for a year today and it was the same price as always.

jarland said: I could always ask someone to make a DB change

You could ask... I highly doubt you would get a response though :)

jarland said: but I like working with what's available, and I'm not complaining ;)

Fair enough

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@willie said:
    How about locking the current cest pit thread and making a new one with a different account? It's common for forums to lock threads that reach a certain size, and open new ones ("Cest Pit thread #2" or whatever) for discussion to continue.

Blasphemy!

• Names for a new Cest Pit thread:

• Nekki's anal adventure
    • ShitFest 2017
    • Wilfred Bramble thinks you're a cunt
    • Shithousery: The Thread
    • The ColoCrossing SuperFun Random thread (sponsorship opportunity)
    • InCest Pit
    • Cess Pit
  • A LET Godwin's law, first mention of Debian thx or fart mother, the original topic has been lost.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2016

"I can confirm this does not affect the Kimsufi or SyS ranges, this is only related to OVH.co.uk Dedicated Servers."

https://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?11703-SYS-20-Price-Increase-for-New-and-Existing-Customers

Thanked by 1Chronic

Neoon said: "I can confirm this does not affect the Kimsufi or SyS ranges, this is only related to OVH.co.uk Dedicated Servers."

https://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?11703-SYS-20-Price-Increase-for-New-and-Existing-Customers

Why the hell are they sending it to kimsufi and sys customers then haha, good way to start a global panic.

AnthonySmith said: In contrast, as a valued existing customer, these changes will not be applied to your existing servers until your 15th of January 2017 invoice.

I am a Kimsufi only customer, how else could this possibly be interpreted. I guess we will find out the absolute truth in January.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: "I can confirm this does not affect the Kimsufi or SyS ranges, this is only related to OVH.co.uk Dedicated Servers."

Why the hell are they sending it to kimsufi and sys customers then haha, good way to start a global panic.

It's a hint, for in the futurererere

• wwwho said: however this is very stupid to increase price for existing customers.

Would you say the same if it was the other way around?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2016

AnthonySmith said: Why the hell are they sending it to kimsufi and sys customers then haha, good way to start a global panic.

No, a good way to do that would be to start a thread on a popular hosting forum without getting any explanations or confirmation first -- oh wait, that's what you just did. -- Then also stubbornly refuse to rename it, keeping the clickbait/FUD title, even after confirmed only UK customers are affected.

Thanked by 1zrunner
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: How does one unsubscribe from a thread they started in this broken toy house?

If you unsubscribe from this thread, it will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog