Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reminder: CRISSIC SHUTDOWN Dec 4th - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reminder: CRISSIC SHUTDOWN Dec 4th

Comments

• Saw a company selling VPSes from a quadranet datacenter. Did not buy it solely because of the way they (Quadranet) handled this situation, and their ongoing ignoring of the situation.

Note that I never had any services with Crissic or Quadranet, and probably never will due to their unwillingness to handle such situations.

Tagging @QuadraNet_Adam for a comment from their side.

• can't seem to ping any of those 16 ipv6 addresses still visible on client area ... any tricks?

@dzl said:
    Just FYI, my crissic VPS is accessible over IPv6 currently, to anyone that needs to grab some "securely wiped" data still...

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

As we continue to refund those eligible, here's a message to those confused, upset, angry or in general commenting their opinions.

Crissic was run independently and as you know simply acquired by QuadraNet. The QuadraNet brand is very strong, liked and constantly vouched for and most importantly debt free and has nothing to do with the closure of Crissic.

What you have to realize is prior to acquiring Crissic the brand was obviously UNSUSTAINABLE per the offers. We knew this when purchasing it, the seller knew it when selling Crissic, and the seller knew the position the company was in and wanted to wash his hands from it. We acquired the company for obvious assets, and because Crissic was an existing customer of QuadraNet, the transition process was seamless.

Our goal was to keep the brand alive, but the brand dried up as we didn’t want to focus on LOW (LOW) budget VPS offers, etc. We simply have to take our own costs into consideration when we provide a solution, we are simply not a budget hosting provider, we have to have higher caliber staff to handle the most complex of issues that come along with catering our services to our target market.

As per the e-mail sent to all Crissic customers, we provided 30-days notice so that the clients could find a new home and backup their data with pro-rated refunds available. For the existing customers still wanting to be on our network, they have deployed new environments on our QuadraNet InfraCloud product.

I, unfortunately, cannot follow this thread, and reply to each of you. If you would like to discuss this matter further, you can e-mail [email protected] and we can setup a call.

Thanked by 1SCAM_AlphaRacks

@JoeMerit said:
    Quadranet really didnt scam anyone as far as I can see.

You're right, and your post earn my respect (including the reminder that you posted on LET) aka this thread prior to us executing the plan we provided notice for.

Not all clients seen your reminder, not all clients seen our notice, not all clients seen our announcement. Not everyone agrees with notice, and surely everyone has an opinion and that's fine :)

Ultimately we're refunding those eligible and doing exactly what we provided notice.

For those who don't backup their data, and neglect backups in general whether you were a customer or not, this would be YOUR FAULT regardless of your opinions.

Wishing the little bit of Crissic customers the best moving forward.

Also to those who didn't backup their data, and neglected our notice, there is a slight chance we can dig for it. Please e-mail [email protected] and we'll see what we can do (no guarantees).

Thanks!

• dzldzl Member
    edited December 2016

@Squyd said:
    can't seem to ping any of those 16 ipv6 addresses still visible on client area ... any tricks?

I know my VPS was not accessible yesterday over v4 or v6 when I realized all of this was going down (I am also one that didn't receive an email about this...my last email from Crissic was the one about having enough time until my paid annual runs out and wont be renewed). Today my monitoring picked up that it is reachable via ipv6 and I was suddenly able to log in. I didn't do anything specific, just noticed it is still alive with all data still intact.

• @dzl said:
    I know my VPS was not accessible yesterday over v4 or v6 when I realized all of this was going down (I am also one that didn't receive an email about this...my last email from Crissic was the one about having enough time until my paid annual runs out and wont be renewed). Today my monitoring picked up that it is reachable via ipv6 and I was suddenly able to log in. I didn't do anything specific, just noticed it is still alive with all data still intact.

Same story: zero nada zilch email at all since I renewed in August. how many times I peeked into spam folder. You are luckier though. My script to ping each of those wishful v6 addresses returned nothing but 100% packet losses.

• dustinc said: As per the e-mail sent to all Crissic customers, we provided 30-days notice so that the clients could find a new home and backup their data with pro-rated refunds available.

Not a single email arrived regarding this issue, nor in my spam folder. Neither did I receive an email that my VPS was suspended, nor from any invoice. The last email i ever got from Crissic, was my monthly affiliate report from FEBRUARY. After that, I stopped getting any email, not even the login emails...

dustinc said: Also to those who didn't backup their data, and neglected our notice, there is a slight chance we can dig for it. Please e-mail [email protected] and we'll see what we can do (no guarantees).

The only one who was neglecting me is your support. I contacted you via ticket and my ticket automatically got flagged as "refunds" while i just wanted my VPS unsuspended to recover the data. But since the average response time on my tickets was 10 days and nobody even cared to offer help (I even called you guys, but nobody seemed to give a shit). I hope you choke on the Crissic IPs.

Thanked by 3Alex85 Four20 Tom
  • we all should tag @QuadraNet_Adam to see what happen =)

• @dustinc said:

@JoeMerit said:
    Quadranet really didnt scam anyone as far as I can see.

You're right, and your post earn my respect (including the reminder that you posted on LET) aka this thread prior to us executing the plan we provided notice for.

Not all clients seen your reminder, not all clients seen our notice, not all clients seen our announcement. Not everyone agrees with notice, and surely everyone has an opinion and that's fine :)

Ultimately we're refunding those eligible and doing exactly what we provided notice.

For those who don't backup their data, and neglect backups in general whether you were a customer or not, this would be YOUR FAULT regardless of your opinions.

Wishing the little bit of Crissic customers the best moving forward.

You are correct, you did not scam anyone, however your actions were clearly this from the start. You do not care about your low paying customers, and potentially lost many customers, I know I will not be using you in the future. You made your users unable to trust you. Why would I buy something from you, if all you are going to do is jack up the price, and then discontinue my plan, but say you will gladly help me purchase a new plan for 4 times the price I was paying. Most companies will continue to honor the previous price, however if they do decide to cancel it, they won't try to trick and confuse you into saying they aren't. You clearly purchased this for the IP addresses, and you should have just shut the service down immediately instead of playing this act that you actually care. There have been complains after complaints for your company, very few existed before it was sold to you guys. You were clearly trying to kill the brand, so you would hope people would not be upset that the service was shutting down. While you did nothing legally wrong, this will definitely cost you in the long run.

Thanked by 1Alex85
  • I have requested a refund as my contract shows that I should have service until July 2017. I will let you know if they even respond to me.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

I find it remarkable how @dustinc comments here to tell us how great QuadraNet's reputation is, then continuing about how Crissic was "obviously unsustainable" (how are the customers supposed to know that?), agreeing with somebody who said they didn't technically scam anybody, and finally waving away complaints about the unreasonable handling of this situation as "just opinions".

... all without ever providing any concrete responses to the complaints or even the fact that a "deleted" VPS is still accessible over IPv6.

If the handling of the shutdown wasn't enough to put me off QuadraNet, this bullshit marketing response surely is. Good to know how much you (don't) care about dealing with customer dissatisfaction and criticism.

EDIT: And to pre-empt the "well they're not profitable customers" comments: so what? I expect a company to treat all of their customers with respect, regardless of what they're paying. Not just from an ethical point of view either - how do you know that you are paying them enough to be deserving of respectful treatment in their view? Where's the line in the sand?

@joepie91 said:
    I find it remarkable how @dustinc comments here to tell us how great QuadraNet's reputation is, then continuing about how Crissic was "obviously unsustainable" (how are the customers supposed to know that?), agreeing with somebody who said they didn't technically scam anybody, and finally waving away complaints about the unreasonable handling of this situation as "just opinions".

... all without ever providing any concrete responses to the complaints or even the fact that a "deleted" VPS is still accessible over IPv6.

If the handling of the shutdown wasn't enough to put me off QuadraNet, this bullshit marketing response surely is. Good to know how much you (don't) care about dealing with customer dissatisfaction and criticism.

EDIT: And to pre-empt the "well they're not profitable customers" comments: so what? I expect a company to treat all of their customers with respect, regardless of what they're paying. Not just from an ethical point of view either - how do you know that you are paying them enough to be deserving of respectful treatment in their view? Where's the line in the sand?

"Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox"

Everyone donate to joepie please.

@etcSudoers said:
    I have requested a refund as my contract shows that I should have service until July 2017. I will let you know if they even respond to me.

You never opened a ticket requesting the refund (you instead e-mailed me directly) no hard feelings, I'm here to help :)

Also you were certainly provided notice.

11/05/2016 01:04 [IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION] Crissic Brand Retirement Resend Email Delete
    08/17/2016 16:46 [Crissic] Regarding Your Active Service

The refund has been issued, $8.75

Thanks!

edited December 2016

@dustinc said:

@joepie91 said:

"Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox"

Wow, just wow. When I thought your attitude couldn't get any worse...

• @dustinc said:

God, you're a piece of shit "Dustin". You and and Adam can go fuck each other.

I had to push Adam to get a refund for my VPS instead of you forcing me to "use" it up till the "shutdown" date, all so you could give me a smaller refund... Even though that refund Adam sent was less than half of the pro rata I had left ...

You guys might not be a scam, but you're scum, bottom feeding, customer lying scum.

Thanked by 2Four20 Mathias
  • edited December 2016

@ATHK

Not sure what you're talking about, I have your ticket (#415799) pulled up right here - your refund was sent out within 4 days of your request. You certainly didn't push nor chase me, nor did I short you with a smaller refund. You received a prorated refund for the amount of time you had left on your $10/year VPS, which was due to expire on April/09/2017.

Initial request submitted on:
    Posted on Sunday 28th August at 17:15

Your prorated refund of $6.00 USD was issued by myself on:
    Posted on Thursday 1st September at 16:35

I even kept your VM active for 48+ hours after the refund was sent to allow you time to back up your data.

Please note that the my.crissic.net client portal will remain online during this time while we continue to sift through prorated refund requests, so in the meantime you can still log into your Crissic Client Portal and view the support ticket (#415799) to verify my claims.

As for everyone else, we're continuing to process other refund requests submitted at Crissic, and calculating prorated refund amounts manually. We thank you in advance for your patience.

• @dustinc said:

The fuck?
    I really hope no one is stupid enough to buy anything from QuadraShit anymore.

• @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    @ATHK

Not sure what you're talking about, I have your ticket (#415799) pulled up right here - your refund was sent out within 4 days of your request. You certainly didn't push nor chase me, nor did I short you with a smaller refund. You received a prorated refund for the amount of time you had left on your $10/year VPS, which was due to expire on April/09/2017.

I even kept your VM active for 48+ hours after the refund was sent to allow you time to back up your data.

Please note that the my.crissic.net client portal will remain online during this time while we continue to sift through prorated refund requests, so in the meantime you can still log into your Crissic Client Portal and view the support ticket (#415799) to verify my claims.

As for everyone else, we're continuing to process other refund requests submitted at Crissic, and calculating prorated refund amounts manually. We thank you in advance for your patience.

I can login? Too bad I can't my account doesn't exist anymore apparently and I didn't change any details.

So I have no way to verify that ticket even belongs to me I never got emails about replies.. the same as I never got emails about you shutting down Crissic I had to see it here on LET...

• ATHK said: I can login? Too bad I can't my account doesn't exist anymore apparently and I didn't change any details.

So I have no way to verify that ticket even belongs to me I never got emails about replies.. the same as I never got emails about you shutting down Crissic I had to see it here on LET...

I just PM'd you with the email you have on file with us, I don't want to post it publicly obviously in respect of your privacy. If you need a password reset you can do so at https://my.crissic.net/pwreset.php or PM me back to send one over to you.

Thanks!

edited December 2016

@ATHK said:

I can login? Too bad I can't my account doesn't exist anymore apparently and I didn't change any details.

Conveniently you can't?

@Four20 said:

The fuck?
    I really hope no one is stupid enough to buy anything from QuadraShit anymore.

You mean Crissic? "Four20"? I think you had a little too much hash today.
    No one can buy anything from Crissic anymore, the days of Crissic are over per the notice.

Have a good day!

• dustinc said: Everyone donate to joepie please.

Good idea, just sent $5 via BTC.

Thanked by 1Four20

QuadraNet_Adam said: You received a prorated refund for the amount of time you had left on your $10/year VPS

And people really expected this to live forever? Really, think about it. And this was one of the better "sold" products, there was many more, for half or less than that per year.

We're officially done with the thread, wishing you all the best, whether you love or hate us, business is business, and only the strong survive. That brand is dead for a reason, and we must wave good bye to the thread and Crissic brand.

• @ATHK said:

@QuadraNet_Adam said:
    @ATHK

So much hate over (not even) 10 bucks...

And you can check your Paypal transaction (if you paid by PP) to see if there is a 6 dollar refund

• QuadraNet_Adam said: We thank you in advance for your patience.

I was so patient that the VPS got suspended and terminated cause i did not even get a reply from you guys... Awesome service... Really, go fuck yourself QN

dustinc said: And people really expected this to live forever? Really, think about it. And this was one of the better "sold" products, there was many more, for half or less than that per year.

Skylar had the IP space, and stuff was heavily oversold (only around 15% of the disk space allocated was actually on the nodes. So yes, with this huge overselling, it WAS sustainable. As long as there were enough new sign-ups to cover the terminated VPSes.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • @dustinc said:

@ATHK said:

Conveniently you can't?

I mentioned it ages ago you pleb.

• @spammy said:
    So much hate over (not even) 10 bucks...

That's not the point, it's the way they dealt with it all.

dustinc said: And people really expected this to live forever?

Why should this be the customer's determination to make?

As I've said before, it's not up to the customer to determine the sustainability or viability of a plan, as they don't have access to your books, or customer data, or any other kind of information that's necessary to determine this.

It's up to the provider not to sell unsustainable plans in the first place. Very simple.