Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plans for a new provider. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plans for a new provider.

Comments

• let me emphasize again, please no.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Get a managed vps from knownhost and sell shared hosting. Make sure you can fund it for one year with no clients.

Legit advice.

• marcmmarcm Member

@Radi - For God's sake don't, just don't... there is enough of us already... maybe find a new hobby?

• Allahcrossing is a good spot for wanna be hosting. If you fail and can't pay they bill, they direct your new offers and they end up on LEB to help bail you out.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Allahcrossing?

• Oh jeepers, allacrossing.com did renew their domain.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

@jarland "You started a company "

He started a business but did he start a company? The definition of "company" varies by country, but in most countries an unincorporated business (or sole proprietorship/sole trader) is not legally a "company". (sorry to break this news to all of the prepubescent 12 year old summer hosts who had their hearts set on adding "CEO" to their signature lines")

Meaning and definition

A company can be defined as an "artificial person", invisible, intangible, created by or under Law, with a discrete legal entity, perpetual succession and a common seal. It is not affected by the death, insanity or insolvency of an individual member.

United Kingdom of Great Britain

In English law and in the Commonwealth realms a company is a body corporate or corporation company registered under the Companies Acts or similar legislation
    In Britain a trading partnership is not a company, but legally a group of self-employed persons who take individual unlimited responsibility for their actions

The US is one of the few exceptions where unincorporated. sole proprietorships can be considered companies:

United States of America

In the United States, a company may be a "corporation, partnership, association, joint-stock company, trust, fund, or organized group of persons, whether incorporated or not, and (in an official capacity) any receiver, trustee in bankruptcy, or similar official, or liquidating agent, for any of the foregoing." In the US, a company is not necessarily a corporation.

marcm said:

maybe find a new hobby?

+1, and I might add, preferably one that involves going outside and interacting with people in real life instead of wasting your youth sitting glued to a computer screen playing minecraft and other games, posting pictures of your cat to facebook, or watching youtube videos. Or you could ignore my advice and do what other LEB'ers have done: work a menial job at Kohl's during the day and spend your nights boasting on Internet chat rooms that you are "one of the big boys of the hosting industry" :)

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited April 2013

@DomainBop arggh, I am rolling on the floor. Stop it :)

Forgot claiming you have a masters degree too.. That helps in picking up young impressionable nerd boys.

• Zeus02231.com/net/org are open

• @Simple3x said: Zeus02231.com/net/org are open

That sounds totally legit and not like a ZeuS botnet C&C, i can assure you :D

• phallusvps.com... You can really "stick" out with that name.

Be the ancient cock jock you've always dreamed of.

Screw Zeus, literally.

• @Radi na kolko godini si?

• @Radi what's the motivation? why do you want to do this?

• How bout juice instead of zeus?

• FreekFreek Member

Partner up with curtisg

• ^ Lol. 1tb for $7

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Simple3x not that hard to do, js ^

@Freek I am not scamming anybody. Everybody I gave service to, had a service, no matter free client or not.

• FreekFreek Member

@Fliphost said: @Simple3x not that hard to do, js ^

Sell me one :D Pretty please ;)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

lol - he said that he never got any clients in the first place.

@William said: That sounds totally legit and not like a ZeuS botnet C&C, i can assure you :D

and this.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited April 2013

So you tried this out. Got one customer, and he learned you don't have a clue what you're doing and left. That wasn't even two months ago. Do you magically know what you're doing, and have money to pay your bills? If you can't pay for a few months without people signing up, you'll just fail again.

You're not making me want to purchase something from you.

I dont want to be #winning, but to be #surviving. :P

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Freek In due time

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Radi said: Zeus

Your stealing my node name :P

Sorry, I didn't know.

• jhjh Member

@HostUS said: Your stealing my node name :P

@Radi said: Sorry, I didn't know.

Oh lord..

• This post.

I hilarious.

You know what, go for it. Spend more money and make another host.

• jhjh Member

@HalfEatenPie said: You know what, go for it. Spend more money and make another host.

No, we'll have another thread a month from now with complainants stating they sent this guy their money etc.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@jhadley said: No, we'll have another thread a month from now with complainants stating they sent this guy their money etc.

He had a host already and didn't have a single client. Who's there to complain?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Won't be any clients to complain, but plenty of people who hate to watch the stupidity that follows this line of reasoning: Started new host, no clients in 1 month, can't afford to continue, time to start a new host.