Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN is also banned in Turkey. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN is also banned in Turkey.

Comments

• Move from country. A country like that is not worth living in. No offense intended.

• RamiRami Member
    edited November 2016

@Hxxx said:
    Move from country. A country like that is not worth living in. No offense intended.

Are you living in this world? It's not that easy to leave the place you where born in and lived for your whole life and where your family and friends lives and even if you could where he can go? and what about expenses? and a lot more to consider

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @Hxxx said:
    Move from country. A country like that is not worth living in. No offense intended.

I am willing to move if any western civilization country with democracy accepts me and my family.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2016

Rami said: We don't have any blocked sites here in Egypt

Noor seems to still block most Israeli IP space, rarely used private but the Gov has Noor connections often. Your gov also maintains a central kill switch to turn off the entire country (as Syria does) and we have seen that in use before...

uncensored_internet said: Can you live in Turkey and use OpenVPN without any problems?

Based on info coming in - depends on ISP. TT is implementing strict filters, the other external links (rare) are still partly unfiltered. OBFSPROXY & Shadowsocks works fine pointing to simple DPI with protocol detection. I see no Iran style SSH slow down to a few kbit so an SSH tunnel should work fine always.

The ISPs are required to already have censorship hardware since years so this is just a step up from cheap DNS poisoning and port blocks to protocol based filtering (or, if you want it like that - the step from Singapore to Iran).

uncensored_internet said: @dotted Turks came to Anatolia in 1071. Anatolia will remain forever as Turkish land. We never leave this land.

I'm not sure what the point is, not like we want Turkey in EU/Europe anyway (or the ground would be worth much), at least not with this government - all association contracts are immediately dead anyway once death penalty is in place again and TR will be internationally isolated.

Alone preventing the German gov that bombs on their cost your ISIS to shit (which proven was supported by Turkey for a long time, remember that truck with weapons and the MIT...?) to visit their soldiers on a Turkish base... seriously, Qatar even lets Israelis on Al udeid FOB...

Even more funny that Syria at one point actually looked like Turkey now before Assad sr. came to limitless power in a similar way, we'll see in 50yr (well i probs don't but others) :)

muratai said: I am willing to move if any western civilization country with democracy accepts me and my family.

As Turk you are however not really "western" - your culture is different. Your primary option should not be EU, it should be the Arab world and central Asia with Turk and Turkish history.

Ironically democracy wise your evil Armenia is leading the region by now...

As for foreign, EU is still accepting educated Turks with no criminal history just fine, also with family - now actually even easier especially if you have proof of political pressure against you (eg, activisim and gov control).

Thanked by 1paily
  • GoatSellerGoatSeller Member
    edited November 2016

@muratai said:

@Hxxx said:

I am willing to move if any western civilization country with democracy accepts me and my family.

1 - Turkey isn't a western country as far as I know, so, why would you require the host country to be one ? Also, why would you require anything, you'll be an immigrant you should fulfill the host country's requirements. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL.

2 - civilization ? kek

3 - democracy ? topkek

4 - "my family" is this limited to you, your wife(s), >5 kids, cousins, oncles/aunts etc ... You get my point.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @Rami said:

@Hxxx said:

Are you living in this world? It's not that easy to leave the place you where born in and lived for your whole life and where your family and friends lives and even if you could where he can go? and what about expenses? and a lot more to consider

Those are excuses. Nothing is easy but it seems that 3rd world countries (you can pick whatever denomination you want) are lazy af and want everything for free spoon-fed to them.

Your situation is a result of your standards.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • stefeman said: Savage.. You know erdogan's mans will shoot you if you go anywhere near that place.

Sure, they will - a few. Just like anywhere the international outcry will fix this (see Syria, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya...) rather fast and have him step down (not like he can Syria 2.0 and start barrel bombing Kurdish regions) while most of the gov is by now "purged" from "enemies" i highly doubt these are as loyal to Erdogan if their nation depends on it (and Atatürk is - as you know - far more highly valued than Erdogan so the hope would be that no one follows plus the non-Turkish groups and especially the Kurds are already waging war).

Your coup back then was just executed bad - the first would have been to drop the internet (seriously... the fuck? a coup with working internet in the population?) and trash the presidential palace (visible effect) + occupy the airport ideally while Erdogan is not in the country (see eg. Idris of Libya which had pretty much that scenario end his reign by Ghadaffi, ironically while he was in Turkey...)...

• Hxxx said: Move from country. A country like that is not worth living in. No offense intended.

What a bizarrely childish comment. No offense intended.

• May be they just let you focused on other things than internet?

• Tons on github too

https://github.com/teddysun/shadowsocks_install

Honestly though.. Shadowsocks is one of the easiest things to install it don't understand why people have made installers for it...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @William said:

xaoc said: You know Turkey has around 80 mil. Ppl, right? Are you willing to host them in your house/town/country? If not plese tell us where should they go?

The presidential palace sounds like a good place for start....

Are you that bored? Nothing good on tv these days for you? I think there's enough carnage in the world for now, don't you?

• OpenVPN TCP 443
    • OpenVPN + Stunnel
    • GetLantern
    • Psiphon
    • Shadowsocks
    • ShadowsocksR (breakwa11 manyuser branch) including obuscation
    • TOR + obfs4
    • TOR + meek
    • V2Ray
    Thanked by 2muratai netomx
  • @singhigh said:
    wget -N --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/91yun/shadowsocks_install/master/shadowsocksR.sh && bash shadowsocksR.sh

Out of all cases, this is definitely the one where you should never use use "--no-check-certificate"

• @Makenai said:

@singhigh said:
    wget -N --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/91yun/shadowsocks_install/master/shadowsocksR.sh && bash shadowsocksR.sh

Out of all cases, this is definitely the one where you should never use use "--no-check-certificate"

I always get certificate error from githubusercontent if I don't use --no-check-certificate

• I get where are you coming from, it was too complex for you. Sorry mate.

@Ole_Juul said:

Hxxx said: Move from country. A country like that is not worth living in. No offense intended.

What a bizarrely childish comment. No offense intended.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • xaoc said: Are you that bored? Nothing good on tv these days for you? I think there's enough carnage in the world for now, don't you?

No but i have a personal interest in the politics of that region which by extension includes a bunch of crazy dictators like in Turkey, realistically "gov replacement" worked in Egypt (more or less), Tunisia (kind of) and at least to destabilise/drop in others (Libya, Iraq, Syria). Generally i have much more trust in the Turks than eg. Syria/Iraq to not fail halfway especially with the Kurds in finally larger control of parts then (they de-facto govern large swaths of Syria already anyway, and compared to Ar Raqah or the Homs governorate nearly as secure as the Damascus area according to both their (obviously biased as all) news sources as well as international NGOs and the EU).

Turkey got better over the last years just to fall very deep now again...

Thanked by 1xaoc
  • It worked with TCP port 443. How can we use IPv6 in OpenVPN?

• Feels like journalist coming again?

• @jenkki Who is the journalist?

• dotted said: Nothing is easy but it seems that 3rd world countries (you can pick whatever denomination you want) are lazy af and want everything for free spoon-fed to them.

Really? Are you 8 years old? Or completely dumb? You poor... You think that you are better, more capable and intelligent than people who live in the so called "3rd world"... I hope you won't face a situation that you either lose your job, home etc. and you get from a day to another homeless seeking for food (yes, this is a "first world" situation. Do also those homeless people want everything for free spoon-fed to them, also?)

Thanked by 2Rami geekalot
  • rincewindrincewind Member
    edited November 2016

Try Streisand.

It's an install script for Shadowsocks, Stunnel, TOR etc. Even if OpenVPN's port is getting blocked, it uses sslh to run OpenVPN and OpenSSH on port 443.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • uncensored_internet said: uncensored_internet

Just in case of emergency

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited November 2016

@jvnadr said:
    Really? Are you 8 years old? Or completely dumb? You poor... You think that you are better, more capable and intelligent than people who live in the so called "3rd world"... I hope you won't face a situation that you either lose your job, home etc. and you get from a day to another homeless seeking for food (yes, this is a "first world" situation. Do also those homeless people want everything for free spoon-fed to them, also?)

Thanked by 3geekalot xaoc bugrakoc
  • @jvnadr said:

dotted said: Nothing is easy but it seems that 3rd world countries (you can pick whatever denomination you want) are lazy af and want everything for free spoon-fed to them.

I hope you're feeling better about yourself, people in 3rd world countries appreciate your uninformed lazy opinion. Thanks.

Thanked by 1Rami
  • @dotted said:

@jvnadr said:

dotted said: Nothing is easy but it seems that 3rd world countries (you can pick whatever denomination you want) are lazy af and want everything for free spoon-fed to them.

I hope you're feeling better about yourself, people in 3rd world countries appreciate your uninformed lazy opinion. Thanks.

And you're a weeb.. Go watch more anime and maybe you'll lose some more IQ.

• OpenVPN on Time4VPS with its standard port works on AS47524 (Uydunet) and AS20978 (Turk Telekom's mobile network). And I'm not aware of a port block, is it possible that the provider you're using also hosts one of the VPN providers which was blocked recently (http://turkeypurge.com/turkey-now-blocking-access-to-vpn-services)? BTK might have blocked the ports of the whole IP space of the hosts of those providers.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @stefeman said:

@dotted said:

@jvnadr said:

And you're a weeb.. Go watch more anime and maybe you'll lose some more IQ.

What an interesting contribution, make sure to tap yourself on the back and crawl back to 9gag.

• xaocxaoc Member
    edited November 2016

@dotted don`t be an a** please. Not everyone is the same in country A or country B.
    Anyways, this is an interesting read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_301_(Turkish_Penal_Code)/ :P.

• @xaoc said:
    @dotted don`t be an a** please. Not everyone is the same in country A or country B.
    Anyways, this is an interesting read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_301_(Turkish_Penal_Code)/ :P.

"Banned for bringing racism to threads without justification. Spreading racism by making unsupported claims of racism to derail a topic."