Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESET vs Kaspersky or what Antivirus Software do you use? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ESET vs Kaspersky or what Antivirus Software do you use?

123457»

Comments

• @AiONets said:

@poisson said:

@AiONets said:
    Do you have any experience with Intel NUC? I am considering to get one and use it as my daily driver.

Of course Linux and possibly VM

Nope. The NUCs probably work just as well as a regular PC, just that you need to give it enough RAM and a SSD, although you can't overclock the shit out of the CPU like I did.

May I ask what Linux Dristro. are you using ?

Mint and Peppermint.

Thanked by 1AiONets
  • Windows preinstalled antivirus

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

ESET and Kaspersky both are quite good, as someone else said on here however Kaspersky has more things to it.

• Here is the latest test of AV-Test.org:

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/

• Kaspersky as I prefer to be spied upon by the Russians rather than the Americans...

• If you are looking only for a free antivirus then Kaspersky is the best option. Even if you want paid software Kaspersky has competition with Bitdefender and not ESET; these two always capture either of the first two spots in independent test results. In my list, ESET, Trend Micro, and Emsisoft would take the three spots between 3 and 5.

https://www.thepcinsider.com/best-free-antivirus-software-windows/

• ESET is very good for protecting thousands of computers on a domain: you can set installation and update policies, automate it all from one, or distribute it to several servers (for locations where connection isn't fast - so one local server, connected to the "main one" is used for the LAN computers at the location).

You can also remotely run virus scans, get notified if a computer won't update etc.

Played a bit with Kaspersky and Panda, over 10 years ago. At the time, ESET was better in the above noted terms. Not sure what they are like now - and can't compare the virus detection/protection, obviously.

• I am using Ubuntu, so I don't install any antivirus software. But I recommend Kaspersky. I have used it before.

• Crowdstrike is very low resource.

• Norton Deluxe cause of the agressive mode heurestic protection option. Has never let me down yet. But im considering Bitdefender as its less expensive for 10 licenses.

• @stefeman said:
    Norton Deluxe cause of the agressive mode heurestic protection option. Has never let me down yet. But im considering Bitdefender as its less expensive for 10 licenses.

Then also consider this website: https://serialcart.com

I would go for Avira, I hate their bloat software that's why I always download the offline installers of Antivirus itself and nothing else. But it also provides you with a great protection.

• I used both, ESET and Kaspersky, now I started using MalwareBytes and I like it

• Linux

• Kasperskey MIX Malwarebytes here.

• Too many false positives with BitDefender. But, generally ok. I use Comodo on my other machines, that's been pretty solid for years.

• @sandanista said:
    Too many false positives with BitDefender. But, generally ok. I use Comodo on my other machines, that's been pretty solid for years.

@sandanista said:
    Too many false positives with BitDefender. But, generally ok. I use Comodo on my other machines, that's been pretty solid for years.

What do you think about Avira or F-secure?

• I don't use either. I did use Avira for a short time about 15 years ago. So, can't offer much feedback, sorry.

• for windows ryt? First time i use avira, but after friends recommend avast, i never look back or finding other options. Its just work, And somewhat pretty light too. :)

• Avast AV and Bitdefender browser plugin

• I am using ESET. They can detect mining script on webpages. I havent try another antivirus tho because I like ESET for now.