Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: New Wave NetConnect - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: New Wave NetConnect

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member

Not making up anything, and once I get your approval to post a full ticket screenshot of GSE-280224 the whole LET community will see the truth and how you're obviously trying to find every little detail and showing partial screenshots to give a one-sided biased review... yet your signature says you don't believe in censorship.

The packet loss issue was due to your CSF firewall rate limiting ICMP requests.

When Adam told you about this in ticket GSE-280224, you seemed very clueless as to how to disable this via SSH (by modifying /etc/csf/csf.conf) so he logged into your VPS and disabled rate limiting for you in your firewall settings as a courtesy. We went very far to help you out for being unmanaged.

Again, I am asking you:

@CVPS_Kevin said: Would you like me to show the full ticket screenshot of ticket GSE-280224 where Adam helped you fix the CSF issue which was causing the packet loss?

I know @Socially_Uncensored will only continue to beat around the bush and provide indirect replies like the above, so if I continue to get such responses I will go ahead and publish the screenshot of GSE-280224 but at the same time cover up client name/IP for client privacy.

• edited April 2013

@CVPS_Kevin said: The packet loss issue was due to your CSF firewall rate limiting ICMP requests.

I love how you keep pointing out 1 ticket.... Out of the many we submitted. And how you ignore that we only used your copy of CSF for 2 days, but we had problems for a lot longer (before CSF and after CSF).

Our site is online by the way... http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu

Seems we're good enough to configure a VPS just fine.

• laaevlaaev Member

@Socially_Uncensored said: Can post the "truth" when the "truth" is being altered. rolls eyes

Are you really trying to say it's being modified now? It's obvious what your intent is, and this post just confirmed it for me since nothing was "altered". Thanks for confirming.

Full WHMCS ticket log for ticket GSE-280224:
    http://i.imgur.com/aEBpugz.png
    http://i.imgur.com/oEZenr3.png

• laaevlaaev Member

@24khost said: Allow him to post the ticket. Seems you are caught not wanting to let people see the whole truth.

Its clear that he will only continue to deny it and try to detour the question at this point... :-( I am still unsure of his motives behind this as we are more than willing to cope. He says he doesn't believe in censorship but he's doing exactly that, how ironic.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2013

Using the wrong login details on purpose now?

• edited April 2013

@CVPS_Kevin said: Using the wrong login details on purpose now?

rolls eyes

http://i.imgur.com/8B9MpMG.png

Bite me !

• @CVPS_Kevin He is out to harm you and not present the truth.

• MeeMee Member

@Socially_Uncensored said: Can post the "truth" when the "truth" is being altered

You should have emails of ticket responses. Unless those are 'altered' too

• laaevlaaev Member

Very mature, you're using the wrong email now for it to say that... how about you record a video using Screencast since you are "uncensored" and don't believe in censorship? Be sure to include the email you're using in the screencast, fully un-altered.

• @Mee said: You should have emails of ticket responses. Unless those are 'altered' too

Didn't think it would go this far.... So I have no e-mails. Live and learn.

Its my word vs his.... Live & learn.

• MeeMee Member
    edited April 2013

@Socially_Uncensored said: So I have no e-mails. Live and learn.

Records are always important to keep.

Since you've provided a lack of those, I think I'd prefer his word.

Also I'm pretty sure WHM sends you an email when you open a ticket automatically

• edited April 2013

@Mee said: Records are always important to keep.

No argument there. I should have held onto them.

Since you've provided a lack of those, I think I'd prefer his word.

That's on you... Although I did provide screen shots (some here, some on webhostingtalk.com). And of course if you visit my site, you'll noticed a few threads about the hosting issues (others who experienced issues while we were using their box).

And when we moved.... Problems solved. I guess the truth is in the eyes of the beholder.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2013

All bollocks. When you start showing full ticket screenshots, and a screencast like I requested in my previous post then maybe members will start believing you.

LET members aren't stupid, you should have learned how this community works before posting here. :-) Although some speculation occurs around here, sometimes right and wrong, generally people believe facts based off evidence and you have failed to provide any besides partial screenshots that mean nothing.

Nice try though.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

One thing I find strange int @Ops argumentation is that in the first post it's claimed that the server was ordered on Feb 1st. And by Feb 20th already looking for a new one.

Later on, it is (more then once) announced that they have had problems for 30+ days.
    My spider senses tingle when I suddenly remember :) that Feb only has 28 days! Unless it was a leap year.
    So, of we apply that logic to the rest of the arguments, it must be true! In the @Ops alternative universe?

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

When I saw this thread not long after it was created, I thought it was a legit review of CVPS by the OP.

Now I'm sort of backing @CVPS_Kevin on this, as it looks like the OP is trying to make CVPS look bad, when they're actually not a bad bunch of guys (I've used them previously myself). If CVPS had closed OP's account then I think they would say - I don't think they're going to lie about it.

I know for a fact that if an account in WHMCS is closed, it states that there is no email found and denies your login information. However, it looks like the OP's account is still open (and if CVPS could provide a screenshot showing that it's not inactive/closed that would be great). It looks like OP is trying to make CVPS look bad because they took $5, and willingly refunded it.

• It's pretty obvious that OP is hiding facts and going even lower by showing false screenshots about his account being deleted, etc.

@serverian said: It's pretty obvious that OP is hiding facts and going even lower by showing false screenshots about his account being deleted, etc.

+1.

• LeeLee Veteran

I have to admit, as much as I will always work hard to find a way to disagree with Kevin I am more of the view that the op is the issue more than CVPS.

• It's clear that @Socially_Uncensored has some ridiculous sort of vendetta against ChicagoVPS. Stop lying and posting edited/partial screenshots which don't prove anything, and give @CVPS_Kevin permission to post real screenshots.

• NightNight Member
    edited April 2013

@Socially_Uncensored said: Didn't think it would go this far.... So I have no e-mails. Live and learn.

Hard to believe you don't save your emails.. I'm gonna have to call BS on that.

I'm not sure who you're trying to fool 'round these parts.. The fact that you're posting all these positive reviews (on already known good companies) afterwards only adds more doubt to my mind. Good reviews cover more than support and show proof of good/bad service (i.e. speed tests and hardware tests showing good/bad results).

• @serverian said: It's pretty obvious that OP is hiding facts and going even lower by showing false screenshots about his account being deleted, etc.

And now he started to mass plant positive reviews of popular LEB hosts we all know, use, like and discuss on daily basis. Most likely just to get some credibility after this first thread fiasco.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Spirit said: And now he started to mass plant positive reviews of popular LEB hosts we all know, use, like and discuss on daily basis. Most likely just to get some credibility after this first thread fiasco

It isn't like Kevin didn't do that himself. You can see how many urpad reviews there was getting posted on WHT pre and post Kevin's departure from them. It went from TMZ level reviews (easily 2 - 4 a week) to less than 1 a week.

When Kevin joined CVPS I don't think he was fully aware of their...problems with WHT and he started on there too. Within a couple weeks of joining there was a sudden rush of positive reviews of CVPS but that ended very quickly and Kevin had to remove his signature.

Kevin's strongest asset is his PR skills and he knows how to swing it.

Francisco

• @Fransisco said: Kevin's strongest asset is his PR skills and he knows how to swing it.

A good man in a wrong place and time?

• @Francisco said: Kevin's strongest asset is his PR skills and he knows how to swing it.

Sounds dirty.

Anyways, jokes aside.

Personally, I don't take this review too seriously. There just seems to be too many misinformation and miscommunication that in the end I feel like just a beer with the two arguing parties will smooth things over.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited April 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Sounds dirty.

Anyways, jokes aside.

Personally, I don't take this review too seriously. There just seems to be too many misinformation and miscommunication that in the end I feel like just a beer with the two arguing parties will smooth things over.

I feel like they both have some issue with each other and are trying to mold the ticket information into something that it's not.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vRozenSch00n said: A good man in a wrong place and time?

I got no beef with Kevin and the times him & I used to chat were always positive and pretty funny.

He knows how to bring in sales and Chris knew that. Chris probably hoped that putting Kevin in would let him get through on WHT but the mods won't allow that.

He isn't in any "wrong" places since I'm sure he gets paid as good as he did at urpad and his work load is probably a little lighter since CVPS does have at least 1 - 2 other support reps I think?

Francisco

@Francisco said: since CVPS does have at least 1 - 2 other support reps I think?

So does URPad :P

• @Francisco Sorry not "wrong" as in a bad term,what I mean was specifically to this thread he was in a bad situation.

Hope they manage to solve things up.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said: CVPS does have at least 1 - 2 other support reps I think?

4 total.

@dominicl said: So does URPad :P

If you like outsourced support. Outsourced support that flags everything to higher tiered support just to fluff the ticket, vs american inhouse support that has real answers

Huge difference