Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: New Wave NetConnect - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: New Wave NetConnect

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Socially_Uncensored said: funny.... I've been open about it. censorship not found (not on my end).

So you are happy for CVPS to post absolutely anything usually considered private in defence then so long as they remove your name?

• @AnthonySmith said: So you are happy for CVPS to post absolutely anything usually considered private in defence then so long as they remove your name?

They have made that impossible to be truthful and accurate. As explained here
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/249791#Comment_249791

• @Socially_Uncensored What is your intended outcome from this thread? Please spell out so that someone from CVPS can offer redressal.

Generally as per my experience with CVPS, their OpenVZ templates are pretty much okay. I have personally tried Debian 6, Ubuntu 12.04, Centos 6 (x86, x64) and reloading takes maximum of 1 minute. Reg packetloss, I can say it must be your firewall and not an issue with network. As per billing, yes they are quite cynical when they hear the word refund, but they are quite helpful and reasonable recently ( after tat dataloss thingy)

• @peppr said: Generally as per my experience with CVPS, their OpenVZ templates are pretty much okay. I have personally tried Debian 6, Ubuntu 12.04, Centos 6 (x86, x64) and reloading takes maximum of 1 minute.

I can concur that, and about the network might be the firewall and it also depends on where you test it from

• edited April 2013

@vRozenSch00n said: I can concur that, and about the network might be the firewall and it also depends on where you test it from

The first thing I do is rule myself out, but having outside 3rd parties attempt to run such test. Examples would include Just-Ping, Pingdom, Google Bot, and several other 3rd parties.

Finally, I also have my own community staff also check things from their end. After that I'll pick a few random people to also check on their end.

By this time I've had over a dozen individuals and several 3rd parties all confirm the issue. Including ChicagoVPS who said they had a "network tech" looking into the issue (who confirmed the issue).

http://i49.tinypic.com/msdt2b.png

Even if they had not confirmed it... The fact that everyone else could is enough.

• From the pic, the only thing i infer is that you forgot to hide your name once !!!

• @peppr said: What is your intended outcome from this thread? Please spell out so that someone from CVPS can offer redressal.

Was with any review, the primary goal is to educate and inform others of the pros or cons of the products and services received based upon my opinion and own experience.

What they could do is refund the unauthorized charge. At which point I would be more than happy to follow up this review with both a comment stating such and a screen shot showing it.

That would be the right thing to do; on both ends (for myself and for them).

@Socially_Uncensored said: They have made that impossible to be truthful and accurate. As explained here

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/249791#Comment_249791

Just a yes or no is fine, it is unfair to continue censoring them like this while you continue to post.

• @peppr said: From the pic, the only thing i infer is that you forgot to hide your name once !!!

My name is not, Luc Ayotte. That would be their support. The name listed there is only named once and I removed it.... I do not see my name in that photo.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Socially_Uncensored said: I do not see my name in that photo

It's partially visible at the bottom of the image mate.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited April 2013

Thanks for the review. However when it comes to this company, people gather as mobs and throw sticks to missiles, however people still get one of their 2G/3G scams plans ;)

• edited April 2013

@AnthonySmith said: Just a yes or no is fine, it is unfair to continue censoring them like this while you continue to post.

I've not censored anyone. They've censored themselves.
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/249824#Comment_249791

It is not a yes or no answer.

• @Nekki said: It's partially visible at the bottom of the image mate.

Again, not mine. ;-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Socially_Uncensored said: Again, not mine. ;-)

So you've revealed another clients name, or it's a fake name?

• @Nekki said: So you've revealed another clients name, or it's a fake name?

Neither. :)

• @Nekki said: Again, not mine. ;-)

So why are you pasting screenshots of Mr.Howard's Account?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@peppr Thanks for making the point I was dancing around.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited April 2013

@Socially_Uncensored said : Even if they had not confirmed it... The fact that everyone else could is enough.

Sorry, just testing the water.

• @peppr said: So why are you pasting screenshots of Mr.Howard's Account?

I believe because the name is not full in view, you're not able to read the name (clearly). And I believe we're getting off topic. :)

@Socially_Uncensored said: it is not a yes or no answer.

Really it is.

Do you mind them posting any information they have on their system specific to your account and dealings with them as long as they remove your name, yes or no?

The accuracy of the information can be called in to question later.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Socially_Uncensored said: I believe because the name is not full in view, you're not able to read the name (clearly). And I believe we're getting off topic. :)

I can read the name clearly enough, but if you don't care, pay that no mind.

• @Socially_Uncensored said: Some of the tickets have been edited, updated, or removed.

You probably already know this but their response to your support tickets gets e-mailed to you. Do they match up?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Well, again, netomx putting his nose where they don't call him:

I have 3 servers with them, and let me tell you, i have 0 issues. netither the data loss affected me. I only use the Debian 6 template and works flawlessly. I have made tickets and they have answered me on a good time. I dont know why you guys like to bash CVPS, I have no other thing to say as their service works for me, as that is the only thing I really care about.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

You probably already know this but their response to your support tickets gets e-mailed to you.

...and for the past few months their emails have usually ended up in the spam fold because the majority of ones I've received seem to be sent from the web.colocrossing.com server but have a chicagovps.com email address (see below).

support:

198.144.181.58 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]

payment receipt emails for payments made to CVPS by credit card:

Received: from web.colocrossing.com (web.colocrossing.com. [206.217.140.66])

• @DomainBop said: and for the past few months their emails have usually ended up in the spam fold because the majority of ones I've received seem to be sent from the colocrossing.com server but have a chicagovps.com email address (see below).

Is there an issue with colocrossing.com ?
    When doing a look up, it seems as though that is where my box was. So I've just assumed that is who they resell for.

I'm asking because I'm trying to understand the issues I had (or at least a better reason for it).

• rzlostyrzlosty Member
    edited April 2013

TL;DR - OP Claims that CVPS scammed him of $5 even though they offered it as credit (or refund to card when Billing Manager returned) he took credit as he didnt want to wait. Credit was applied. Now OP claims all the tickets have been changed and refuses to allow CVPS to post the tickets of him being rude to the tech guys because hes clearly censoring his actions as hes in the wrong.....

Oh and his signature is...
    "We don't believe in censorship."

• laaevlaaev Member

@Socially_Uncensored said: Logic would suggest though... Why on earth would I want a credit or need credit when I'm leaving a host and would never need or use that credit? This from a charge on my card that was not authorized.

You clearly approved and accepted this, per this ticket screenshot, you even rated our ticket responses 5 stars: http://i.imgur.com/VHssNme.png

@Socially_Uncensored said: By this time I've had over a dozen individuals and several 3rd parties all confirm the issue. Including ChicagoVPS who said they had a "network tech" looking into the issue (who confirmed the issue).

http://i49.tinypic.com/msdt2b.png

Even if they had not confirmed it... The fact that everyone else could is enough.

That is the same ticket about CSF and that reply was BEFORE we detected it was an issue with CSF. Luc was not aware to look into CSF and nor do I expect him to as we are an unmanaged provider... so he assumed it was an issue with our end until after that response where one of our other main technicians (Adam) actually logged into your VPS and took the time to see what was going on.

Again, you are leaving out key details and showing a partial ticket screenshot to try to make us look bad. Would you like me to show the full ticket screenshot of ticket GSE-280224 where Adam helped you fix the CSF issue which was causing the packet loss?

• edited April 2013

rolls eyes

Seriously? ..... I'm at a loss for words.

Except to say that, you're an a**hole. There. Happy? Now (not before), but now.... you can say I said something rude.

And the whole CSF issue.... About that... We only had your copy of CSF installed for 2 days out of 30+ we had problems with ... Explain the remaining difference. Never mind... Don't bother... You'll just make something up as you go along.

I'm done with you. You're no longer worth the effort..... Have a good day.

• @Socially_Uncensored Allow him to post the ticket. Seems you are caught not wanting to let people see the whole truth.

• edited April 2013

@24khost said: @Socially_Uncensored Allow him to post the ticket. Seems you are caught not wanting to let people see the whole truth

Can post the "truth" when the "truth" is being altered. rolls eyes