Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WireSix's Network Issues - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WireSix's Network Issues

13»

Comments

• RyanDRyanD Member

@goexodus

damn, I'm in the wrong place!

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@RyanD said: damn, I'm in the wrong place!

He wishes it was his support system :3

• @dominicl said: He wishes it was his support system :3

No... That's you :P

• netpioneernetpioneer Member
    edited September 2013

There is something in some servers/DCs that cause speedtest to get very low transfer rates -- usually for all locations tested -- but it is an application related issue not server bandwidth throttling, network congestion, bad peering. In that cases speedtest reports poor results, a simple wget of a file stored on your server (eg 100mb.test downloaded from Cachefly) will give you peace of mind there is not wrong at all, it is just a speedtest issue. I had this problem with speedtest reporting upload rates of 3Mbps for a 1GE/300Mbps guaranteed server but running wget in several VPS I have the download speed from that server was as high as 600Mbps (Paris->Dusseldorf and Paris->Amsterdam) and 100Mbps for each 100Mbps VPS I ran the wget, including (Paris->Seattle).

• Bumping an old thread, looking to boost your post counts bro?