Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEST VPS PROVIDER - For serious website - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BEST VPS PROVIDER - For serious website

Comments

• @jarland said: Which LEB providers here are best for actual hosting? I know most are jokes and no one has taken the time to compile a list of who people think is the best out of the ones that will actually host a website.

Isn't that what http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/9452/lowendbox-top-providers-2013-q1-the-results is for already?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@concerto49 No no, it's different. That's who people think are the best hosts. I'm asking who are the best hosts for hosting actual stuff.

/sarcasm_pointed_at_op

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

@Nothingcomes2mind said: That thread, esp the OP is ALL OVER THE PLACE. Guy sounds to me like he's stoned, "between hospital visits" etc. Contacted Linode, told em I have a massive list of IP's they should what ... blacklist across a gazillion vms ? and they informed me, they were'nt interested ... Imo ... I wouldn't be interested in the feedback from some unknown stoner, as to solutions they thought they could/might offer either. What reputable professional company would be ?

Ahhhh random stoner ... you have feedback, while knowing chitall about the backend of what we're doing. By all means, let's drop everything and listen to this totally anonymous nobody who knows feckall about how we work ? By all means, the company should defer to them ?

According to Serverbear and similar, Linode has met or exceeded it's Sla's ( sevice level agreement's) with clients. Which the claimed gold standard with any host ... Includ shared hosting ... Seems to be 99.9% uptime.

Every IT solution as far as I know, is going to have occasional issue(s) with providing service. Someone like Linode's been around for long n longgggg, kept a reputation for quality regardless. Also as mentioned, just the findings based upon a shizzleton of research, lacking 1st hand experience.

Not like I give da slightest fark, whether anyone chooses Linode or xyz provider for a "production" environment. I certainly get no kickbacks or incentives from Linode. Only saying it's obvious, that provider is one of the longer standing vps hosts, with a better and more known track record than many in the industry. Atm ... Linode is my primary vps provider candidate of choice for "production" level chit.

Could also be wrong ... several yr gnu/nix desktop user, new to vps's and server admin. Shrugs.

A few things:

1. You are generally being a blathering idiot in the above blob of text, saying little to nothing that has any relevance to the topic at hand.
    2. I can confirm Chiefs findings regarding the way Linode handles DDoS.
    3. You need to learn a thing or two about how marketing (and hype) works, and how it can keep someones reputation up even if they provide bad service.
  • edited April 2013

@infinity ^ It's not a dig anyway, common sense ...

Meaning people that have "serious" web properties, are less concerned with ekk'ing out every last mb of RAM, than they are about providing reliable and consistent service across the board.

Freely admitted am a desktop nix fanatic with far less experience in nix networking and server admin'in. Only having a craptonne of research into the subject, also freely admit that's not the equivalent of 1st hand. Doesn't by any means invalidate the gazillion fecking hrs spent researching a tech topic.

Would like to know your massive amount of credentials afterall ? Though that would run the thread amok. It's not like Linode, it's rep + it's track record are unknown quantities. Guessing generally people looking for "serious" purposes have already considered how long a providers been around, it's rep and track record for service. That's pretty much a nobrainer, shrugs.

PS. Also not that matters ... But point of fact LEB/LET ( esp under new owner) has become more a haven for low-end vps provider wannabe's imo. Kinda goes w/o saying what they'll think are high quality "production" level providers ... aka: My company ... 3 months in bizness ... Blowjobvps.com IS CLEARLY THE BEST IN THE MARKET ! :P Wouldn't trust them any further than can throw em. Might buy, as mentioned as a means to feck around w vps admin'in. Beyond that ... for me nopers, not even a consideration for the real deal, shrugs.

Who is searching for a "not serious" web host anyway? How is that search unique? Are most people searching for barely working play toys?

• @darknessends said: Can you recommend me providers that are very serious in nature and offers they have.

Check the top 10 providers. They won't be there without reason

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Leave him, he already admitted he has no first hand experience, otherwise would think different.

• edited April 2013

Nm ... vps provider feeding frenzy. :P Screw it ... said enough ( imo) about this crap.

• MunMun Member

If you are seriously looking for a business style setup for web hosting etc. then go with either Linode or Amazon. Linode being my choice, as they are very professional, prompt, put a ticket in 10 minutes later it is done. Have world class datacenters, etc.

edited April 2013

It's like reading the words of boomhauer only less wise. (Above you @Mun, not at you)

Then he edits...

@Nothingcomes2mind said:Nm ... vps provider feeding frenzy. :P Screw it ... said enough ( imo) about this crap.

If I leave my company right now would that make you type less like a drunk hillbilly? I haven't seen you string together more than one coherent sentence in any one of your rants and not a single bit of it comes across as someone who just doesn't know the English language well. It's structure, content, spelling, the whole nine yards. Just another one of you people who think "vps provider" is a genetically engineered superior being that cannot speak as a mere mortal being.

• edited April 2013

^ says fecking jarland .. Assoc w xyz = blowjobvps.com company. Man suketh my butthair. Good enough response for ya me thinks. :P

Tards might consider xyz.nobodies.com as "serious" hosting providers, folks w 12 braincells ... clearly wouldn't imo. Get a bargain though OP !!! Take a chance !!! Could very well end up costing you/your employer a fortune too. Obviously done correctly much of that could be minimized, still why not look at the best of the best from the outset imo ?

Overall guess you're asking on the wrong platform, this site is farrrrrr from impartial obviously. Could benefit you 2 do your own footwork and research ? Sighs .. I dunno ... on this site, obviously saying xyz blowjoobvps.com isn't on par with vps or dedi hosts that actually have a long standing track record is likely to cause problems ? :)

PS personal opinion ... commercialization fecks yet another web resource, while that isn't surprising, is definitely still annoying anyway. Life goes on ...

If you stretch ... am sure you perhaps might be able to figure it out infinity ... or not. Lmao ... very difficult for sure. :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

I really don't get what you are saying. ^

You're taking personal blows at people, yet not giving and proper arguments..

Also, what's your obsession with blowjobs?

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2013

I would prefer 2 LEB from different reputable provider, and do some HA setup, than just 1 VPS from a reputable higher end company.

edited April 2013

@Nothingcomes2mind You're right, go with an established company like GoDaddy or anything else EIG has all but bought out these days. The quality providers are not the big name providers.

With that said, I can't believe I actually responded to content in one of your posts. Still, you asked me to suck on your butt hair and called me an associate of blowjobvps. Your ability to determine quality would easily be undermined by your inability to converse above a grade school level.

If you want me to speak as a provider, hear this: Please do not purchase any of my services. My new refund policy is "Claim to be Nothingcomes2mind from LowEndTalk for a full refund."

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@jarland said: If you want me to speak as a provider, hear this: Please do not purchase any of my services.

I'm fine with this.

Honestly, most (if not all) of the companies here are trying to make sure that your services are up as much as they can. When a new client purchases a service its a partnership between the client and the provider. The client succeeds with their venture and they continue to pay their bill, the provider makes sure the client receives support and their server remains active and in exchange gets money.

But sometimes problems do happen, and to minimize that the provider and the client should both take measures. I could talk on and on about the provider's side, but because you ( @nothingcomes2mind) comes from a client side I'd recommend you follow this:

@jcaleb said: I would prefer 2 LEB from different reputable provider, and do some HA setup, than just 1 VPS from a reputable higher end company.

What you as a client want to do is minimize the single point of failure. Even with a reputable higher-end company you're still susceptible to the single point of failure.

Please read up on Risk Analysis.

• Best VPS provider is OVH. The biggest of all web hosting companies. They own datacenter and have complete control of their servers. Well funded, and long track record.

• @jcaleb said: Best VPS provider is OVH. The biggest of all web hosting companies. They own datacenter and have complete control of their servers. Well funded, and long track record.

Surprisingly, I personally have no issues with OVH. Granted I don't use them for my mission-critical services but for what I pay them I'm more than satisfied with the quality and service I receive.

• Not that matters, wouldn't touch Hostgator or any of the massively oversold big names out there either. Sheesh, they pay more in affiliate bonuses, than most the wannabe vps startups here can afford for 10yrs of marketing budget. :P

That's another topic ... am however honored by the refund offer, will your wannabe vps company actually make good on the refund .... Errrr ... anybody's guess, just sayin. :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Surprisingly, I personally have no issues with OVH. Granted I don't use them for my mission-critical services but for what I pay them I'm more than satisfied with the quality and service I receive.

Yes. Different companies for different purposes.

Different people have different uses for VPS. Usage is very important for selecting a provider.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited April 2013

@Nothingcomes2mind I spent the better part of my youth as a stoner, wtf is your problem? As has been pointed out by many already, you have made no valid argument, and while I don't claim to be the best, enough others have recommended my service as a possible choice, that speaks for itself, and @Chief is no stoner anyway, he rarely even has a drink, and no interest in smoking rope.

But getting back to your view that a stoner is less a person, can you back that up? While I have been sober for likely longer than you've been alive, stoners are no less capable than anyone else in my view.

• I recommend RamNode...

up 216 days, 43 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2013

But I do agree at some points by @Nothing (assuming I understood him correctly). I don't feel comfortable signing up with new host, no matter how good the deal is. I mostly sign up with people who have been here for a little bit longer period, and with many feedbacks from people.

• edited April 2013

As with most things involving people ... = annoying. Personally don't have a problem with stoners, am a fecking stoner ( to some extent now.)

Yet people fixate on that ... as if it matters, w/o being able to see what was obviously meant by what was stated. In that case, that being ... some anonymous chuklebutt In that "see this" post, contacts people who've been doing what they've been doing forever and advises "I think" this, any fecking professional organizations would tell them to suk a dik, stfu and deal with it according to the best of their abilities. Which should/would equal HELLA better and more informed than x arsehole presuming that they know chit about the situation or what's going on.

End of the dy, literally writing LET off as a worthless resource now. Nothing here I can't find on my own, folks here are biased beyond doubt anyway. Site + community might've started out as something I'dve liked. Present dy, is what it is apparently. Congregation point for nobody vps hosts from what I've seen so far. Become mostly a useless resource w better alternatives via research, shrugs.

• @Voss said: @yomero: Not that I'm aware of.

Yep, I was confused with slicehost :P

edited April 2013

@Nothingcomes2mind said: End of the dy, literally writing LET off as a worthless resource now.

Celebrate! Summary of this user's brief LET history: Racism, intentionally poor communication skills, obsession with oral sex, repeatedly belittling the mentally handicapped, and...oh I guess that about covers it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• edited April 2013

^ Yeah sure Catalysthost and many other noname vps providers will rejoice too. We don need no stinking common sense, we are trying to sell vps plans here ! :P

By all means celebrate, only hang around places that offer something worth hanging around for personally. Too many better spots online to waste time. :D

• @Nick_A said: Thanks for the mentions, guys!

No problem @Nick_A !

@TheHackBox said: I recommend RamNode...

up 216 days, 43 min, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

not bad :P

• @Nothingcomes2mind said: Too many better spots online to waste time.

Then why do you keep coming back to reply?

• CoryCory Member

I've been using BigScoots, they offer a managed service so you can self manage then get help when you hit a roadblock. They're really easy to deal with and very quick. Not under $7 a month but still very reasonable.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland
    Hate to quote myself, but...

@Maounique said: Leave him,