Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which CDN do you use or recommend? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which CDN do you use or recommend?

124»

Comments

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

@tr1cky said:

BunnySpeed said: Just found this. Pretty interesting.

Now please tell me that you peer with those 6 providers? I bet you don't or else you'd have to charge a lot more for specific regions.

You got that all wrong, I genuinely mean it's interesting. I was never quite sure how they manage to pay the bills. And this explains what you get for the $20 extra in terms of network, but what I'm not sure at what point they cut you off again.

• BunnySpeed said: And this explains what you get for the $20 extra in terms of network, but what I'm not sure at what point they cut you off again.

Probably around 2PB/m:

• DormeoDormeo Member
    edited November 2016

@tr1cky said:

BunnySpeed said: And this explains what you get for the $20 extra in terms of network, but what I'm not sure at what point they cut you off again.

Probably around 2PB/m:

wow :) thats what i call bandwidth usage

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited November 2016

@BunnySpeed said:

@bearmode said:
    Take a look at BelugaCDN.com it's a free up to 100Gb a month and anything over is only $.01/gb. Pretty sure that's lower than most other CDN's. The UI is pretty good and support has been very responsible when running into issues.

Hello Beluga :)

Animal CDN kindgom it is.

Giving Beluga a try (Mainly due to IPv6), so far no auto lets encrypt (Although should be possible with API), no ability to delete a zone (They call them a property). But Support do seem willing to do so from the backed if asked.

Not that I do much traffic anyway (as @BunnySpeed can probably see given I use them at the moment), Probably will only move the static content on my blog to test for now.

• @cooper said:
    I'm looking for a low-cost CDN solution for a few sites that are already provisioned with SSL certificates (Let's Encrypt).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Try a CDN from INXY. First, no upfront fees are required – you pay only for the resources you use. Secondly, the trial period lasts up to a month, or before 200 Tb limit is reached. Thirdly, minimal monthly payment is $10 only. Our company guarantees excellent quality of 24/7 customer support, 100% reliability and global coverage.

To make an order or get personal recommendations, contact INXY team via live chat on www.inxy.com or Skype inxy.com. Good luck!

• I know it's an old thread. But just wanted to show my appreciation for @BunnySpeed
    I used to be on Key and Cloudflare. Outgrew Cloudflare (they have a policy of throwing you off to their cheapest connection points when traffic exceeds a threshold unless you are on one of their expensive plans). Key was ok, but you guys are like a generation ahead in terms the overall smoothness of use, analytics etc. I suspect performance too. Will know in coming days. Initial impressions are very good.

• @BunnySpeed I do wish you'd also support an IP for the source though. It helps us keep the origin relatively private.

• I'm on @BunnySpeed (bunnyCDN) and wish I found them earlier. Cheaper than other CDN and as effective as CF.

And jesus-tap dancing-christ, what website uses 2PB/mo in bandwidth?

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited February 2019

Cloudflare Free/Pro Plan.. Or Bunny.

• My site is use ~30TB / month with cloudflare on free tier, I like them!

Thanks guys :) Happy to hear that.

@elos42 said:
    @BunnySpeed I do wish you'd also support an IP for the source though. It helps us keep the origin relatively private.

We do actually, just enter http://your-ip as the origin URL and you're all set. You can then select the hostname using either the Forward Host Header or follow this guide to send a custom value altogether: https://support.bunnycdn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004592932-How-to-set-up-a-direct-IP-origin-URL-with-a-custom-hostname-using-Edge-Rules

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

bunnycdn

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited February 2019

iHavenoName said: what website uses 2PB/mo in bandwidth?

If memory serves me well, @William was running an experiment to see how much bandwidth he could use. Many people were downloading an useless file, it was not an actual website really using that much traffic.

I'd like to try bunnyCDN but I would probably use less than 10$/y and having to add 10$ in the account each year even if you are using less sucks.

• Pastebin.com

• the most popular and best wordpress of cdns : cloudflare ! I use and strongly suggest and recommend

• Fastly.
    If its good enough as CDN for Spotify and Reddit, it work for me too.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited February 2019

IMO there is no need to overthink it too much. Even a cheap DIY CDN with a couple of DNS servers with geodns and 3 places for content (like EU, US west / US east) with decent providers is more than enough for most projects - and will let you use quite a huge amout of data for a ridiculous yearly cost.

Thanked by 2mfs vimalware
    edited February 2019

@datanoise said:
    IMO there is no need to overthink it too much. Even a cheap DIY CDN with a couple of DNS servers with geodns and 3 places for content (like EU, US west / US east) with decent providers is more than enough for most projects - and will let you use quite a huge amout of data for a ridiculous yearly cost.

Maybe, but many CDNs will also give you a ridiculously low price if you actually need a huge amount of traffic, especially if you just need 2-3 locations.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Do you have a WordPress plugin that clears cached pages when an update is made to the contents of the page. I do miss that feature from the cloud flare plugin.

@BunnySpeed said:

@elos42 said:
    @BunnySpeed I do wish you'd also support an IP for the source though. It helps us keep the origin relatively private.

We do actually, just enter http://your-ip as the origin URL and you're all set. You can then select the hostname using either the Forward Host Header or follow this guide to send a custom value altogether: https://support.bunnycdn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004592932-How-to-set-up-a-direct-IP-origin-URL-with-a-custom-hostname-using-Edge-Rules

edited February 2019

@elos42 said:
    Do you have a WordPress plugin that clears cached pages when an update is made to the contents of the page. I do miss that feature from the cloud flare plugin.

@BunnySpeed said:

@elos42 said:

We don't cache page HTML content by default, so I'm afraid that's not currently possible, but it sounds like an interesting idea.

Thanked by 1elos42
  • @BunnySpeed said:

@elos42 said:
    Do you have a WordPress plugin that clears cached pages when an update is made to the contents of the page. I do miss that feature from the cloud flare plugin.

@BunnySpeed said:

@elos42 said:

We don't cache page HTML content by default, so I'm afraid that's not currently possible, but it sounds like an interesting idea.

If-Modified-Since was a hell of a tool back in 2003.

• elos42 said: Do you have a WordPress plugin that clears cached pages when an update is made to the contents of the page. I do miss that feature from the cloud flare plugin.

https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/sunny/ might be what you are looking for?

Thanked by 1elos42
  • Bunny CDN

• For free I'd suggest CloudFlare. Move all your static files to a subdomain, set a far future expiration date and you're good to go.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • andrewforest said: Move all your static files to a subdomain

The problem with subdomains (be it with cloudflare, bunnycdn or any of the expensive options) is that it implies another DNS request. This takes time. That's a good point for CF with no subdomain: you save a few ms, and that alone can compensate for using a slower CDN.