Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Data Center 10 gbps deals - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Data Center 10 gbps deals

13»

Comments

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited April 2013

"I have never told anything bad about you gordon.Miss the network still!! Why I moved is because of IP shortage as you told me.You have always helped me .If the IP problem is solved ,I want another vps node with you."

@ftpit, we don't have an IP shortage, we were unable to constantly issue IPs to you because you provided 2 IPs free of charge with VPS by default, this is wasteful and we and we increased IP pricing for new requests on you to encourage you to slim down on IPV4 wastage. Thanks for clarifying that your previous comments that Incero sucks are exaggerated and that you miss our services. Glad we're now on good terms.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

@Incero said: As we're based in Dallas, TX 16mbit/second to eastern europe may be the best that is achievable

Please provide a speed test file, I can easily achieve 100Mbit/s at Softlayer's Dallas location to/from SPB, Russia, 70Mbit/s Kiev, Ukraine, 85Mbit/s Varna, Bulgaria and 50Mbit/s Belgrade, Serbia (it is my port limit).

• @Incero No ,I have never issued two ips.Probably you have missed the fine prints added in star (everything has been removed now ) .Two ips is for those with cpanel license and ordering our managed services costing 15$/month extra,they were not by default as you have mistaken which was in star .

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2013

Gordon ( @Incero ),

Well, in the response you made, that is not how you made it sound at all. I can understand dealing with people who like to abuse the help desk, however, the way you had made that statement led me to believe that any customer who sent a ticket in that you didn't like would just be closed. It has nothing to do with LET and more to do with making sure you take the time to say what you mean. People here are critical, but for good reasons, as we have seen many different people try to take advantage of this community. I do appreciate that you have taken the time to follow up with peoples concerns in this thread, for that you will gain respect here, even if it doesn't end with everyone being happy.

I appreciate the invitation, however, the company I am with is already doing business in the Informart Building, so at the moment I am not looking for services in Texas. However, going forward I will keep you in mind. Hopefully with all your expansion you will be able to resolve the throughput issues to Europe as well.

Anyhow, thank you for participating in our community and I welcome you to come around more often and to participate when you can.

Cheers!

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Incero I'm not a customer anymore but used to me. Should I need services in Dallas on the future I will most definitely consider you :)

@superpilesos please open a ticket in your account so that we can send you whatever files you require. As you may know, our datacenter was founded by the founders of theplanet.com (became softlayer), we have direct connections into the softlayer network via equinix. I will be amazed if you get any sort of poor performance from our network as it has been engineered from the ground up with no expense spared. As mentioned I will be happy to preference your traffic over any of: NTT, Level3, Above.net, Globalcrossing, AT&T, Cogent, or Nlayer. @Ftpit also mentioned that he got 100mbit speeds to europe, we also host a ton of nodes for a lot of security/proxy type services who are very demanding when it comes to performance.

Open a ticket and we'll get you sorted!

@thelinuxbug, no purchase necessary, someone visiting is an excuse for us to fire up the grill and have a beer. If you change your mind in the next 10 days let me know, the offer will still stand. The weather here in Austin is perfect right now. Also if you're in town for hostingcon in June I would be happy to buy you a beer.

• support123support123 Member
    edited April 2013

@Incero My partner will love a personal visit if you give the free beer and local travel fees haha
    I will love to join again if any promo running :) !!
    Probably you missed this one,Only because of IPs I moved.All clear now ;)
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8256/no-ipv4

@ftpit, you should go to hostingcon which is in Austin this year. If you come over for that then the beer is on us indeed.

• @incero - posture all you want - the bi-polar responses in this thread paint a pretty clear picture. I would never use or recommend your service based on my experience.

The little more I've read hasn't changed my perspective, and if anything I'd urge any prospective customer to educate themselves before considering you.

@Incero said: Give me a call 512.394.8803 our abuse contact listed with ARIN is abuse[at]inceronetwork.com our system is largely automated and processed in real time,

That's great - I'm glad you've updated your abuse poc to include a working abuse contact. The previous arincontact[at]incero.com email went to /dev/null - phone calls to you went unanswered (or if I recall, were simply disconnected), and as a last resort tickets opened to your help desk were simply deleted. (From what I recall the single upstream originating your space then wasn't much better.)

I'll admit It sounds like you've since invested in your network, people, and processes. That's great. In contrast to your comments here about servicing people who contact you, good customer service costs you almost nothing - you should consider it. You might be pleasantly surprised in how it can change opinions.

@unused, again I welcome you to call or email directly. Not a single abuse ticket has ever gone unanswered. I can only continue to assume from your anonymous nature of your posts that you're simply a troll. Have a good day. abuse[at]inceronetwork.com has never not worked.

• @Incero said: I can only continue to assume from your anonymous nature of your posts that you're simply a troll.

It's an internet forum. people generally don't tell everyone who they really are on a forum unless they're representing a company. Should everyone write their name, telephone number, address, and date of birth in their signature?

• Honestly, besides all the hardware issues (which I think now that I'm thinking about the last day of service was a memory error), and the nagging abuse policy (not his fault... I just never got told about the notices until they were too late), I had no problem with @Incero 's services. I actually liked how they managed to install centos 5 on a 6tb disk. I'm probably going to go with them when I start up LXCNode.

Beyond that, for that price range I'd suggest going with a crapton of VPS's and doing some geoip dns crap instead of going for a big central SPOF.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@Incero said: I wouldn't say that we're understaffed at all

*were
    I know for a bit there you had almost bit off more than you could chew. I wasn't talking to you about it, but watching around WHT I could put the pieces of the puzzle together. I'd been watching your operation with interest for some time before we got on board. Never did you drop that ball, but you sure stretched yourself. Hopefully that has mostly come to an end, although I don't think anyone is going to stop you from putting a lot of yourself into it and that's something I respect.

If we're going to make this about Incero here, let's make sure more than one story gets told.

I want to stress that Gordon is not obligated to go above and beyond, no one is. The only obligation anyone has to their client is to provide the promised product and accept the compensation that was agreed upon. But what I want anyone interested here to know is that when a fan started going out in our system at around 3am (if memory serves), he was on it. I didn't even know. How could I? Nothing I had in place caught even a temperature increase. Yet, here he is noticing that first a fan is going out, and second that there is almost 0 network activity on the node. He jumps into action.

Another story, we had some strange issues with ARP requests via OpenVZ on our DallasTwo node after it's provisioning. It worked, but it didn't work in the way that we needed it to. OpenVZ does send out ARP requests but for some reason the IPs wouldn't hit the table unless the created container pinged the gateway first. This is unnatural from every other scenario I've experienced, and I hated to change my entire operation for this one node and I was worried that this problem would present itself later in other ways if I threw a bandaid fix on it. No one here is telling the story about how Gordon was up until past 2AM with us on Skype, reinstalling the OS repeatedly via our IPMI while tweaking settings on the switch to try to figure it out. This isn't a front page story, this isn't policy. This is an unmanaged service and technically those IPs worked. He fulfilled his obligation prior to this. Yet, he took our business seriously and he committed his time to us without charge, and compensated us for the time we weren't able to go live with the node.

Don't ever expect your provider to go beyond. Don't walk in demanding that they bend over backwards for you. We pay on time, we respect his policies, we notify him of anything that we think he should be aware of because we are on his network. We accept responsibility when we make mistakes, we don't blame him for things he cannot control. That is how you treat your provider if you want them to treat you with extra consideration.

• ATHKATHK Member

@incero You seem to have a good business model going on, I am very impressed, if I actually need a server as large as the ones you offer I'll definitely be in contact.

A fair bit of slander in this thread... Not much to back it up though...

As for any whinging about the support, I honestly think its fair, it's noted everywhere on the site that its fully unmanaged.... If you don't know how to manage a server go elsewhere.....

@unused like I said, our abuse contact has never not worked, every single email is numbered and those numbers match up to ticket ids. I've offered you the chance to call and discuss any issues you have with us, yet you've failed to do so. You also seem to be ignoring the real customers in this thread like @jarland who mentioned how strict our abuse handling is. You obviously have a bone to pick, I simply ask that if you continue on your rants that you back it up, rather than being anonymous, mysterious, and full of crap.

There is nothing bipolar about my posts, I'm flat out calling you out on a bunch of crap.

• @incero I thought you were done with the thread - I'd certainly moved on. My interaction with you has been limited: Back when you weren't running your own network -- it was completely originated by coreexchange -- your then designated ARIN abuse contact was a blackhole. After ongoing abuse, contacting your actual support@ and other means resulted in basically what you're doing here: "#!@# you."

Beyond that, I haven't used your services -- and I would certainly never plan to based on my experience either, or spending a few minutes looking at your TOS and other statements you've made such as:

@Incero said: We're an unmanaged provider and generally ignore or close tickets that are out of scope. This generally doesn't sit well with inexperienced customers, but experienced admins appreciate our substantial network and ipmi/kvm free of charge.

You can call it whatever it is - I call it a pure, stinking pile. One day with @jarland or one of the other customers that you've mentioned gets you on a bad day -- or you forget they're on your nice list I'd bet they'll experience your approach first hand and will have a different opinion. I wonder if any one of them simply closes / deletes tickets from a single one of their own customers or thinks it's a good policy.

The fact that I wasn't a customer at all - but at that time using the means you provided for your ip space to report abuse -- and you responded with the exact protocol you outlined above was enough of a taste for me.

I'll certainly use your new abuse contact and your phone number in the future - and will never use or recommend your services based on my experience.