Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Data Center 10 gbps deals - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Data Center 10 gbps deals

Comments

• @ftpit said: @Patrick FDC has bad reviews.I need something more reliable

really?? i have 3 years there and never had problems.

• @dedicados It depends on luck.FDC works for some,but for some it is their worst provider.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I do know Gordon from incero can do pretty good deals if you need high bandwidth. Ask for a quote instead of off the main site

• IMHO i would stay away from Incero. Poor service, loads of network abuse from other customers -- and he's now figuring out how to run his own instead of farming it out upstream.

• BK_BK_ Member

Hivelocity has 10gbps ports, while ordering:

10Gbps ports available (contact sales for pricing on your specific requirements)

I had a server w/1Gbps there not too long ago and it didn't seem bad for the deal I was getting :)

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

IMHO i would stay away from Incero. Poor service, loads of network abuse from other customers -- and he's now figuring out how to run his own instead of farming it out upstream.

Please clarify, as we don't offer support, all our machines are unmanaged. We also have an almost completely automated abuse system whereby IPs are autonulled if clients don't take action within 72 hours to the auto generated abuse reports. Thanks for your stupid comments, have a nice day.

• @Incero Welcome to LET, where statements are not backed up by facts.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You want a dedicated 1gbit that can burst to 10gbit, and €75 is over budget (i3d), ???? it must be nice on your planet.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@Incero said: have a nice day.

I will say this much we sleep much better at night knowing that @incero is behind a few of our servers. That is what matters to us is knowing that our servers are taken care of.

• @Incero said: Please clarify, as we don't offer support, all our machines are unmanaged. We also have an almost completely automated abuse system whereby IPs are autonulled if clients don't take action within 72 hours to the auto generated abuse reports. Thanks for your stupid comments, have a nice day.

Wow. It would be great if you turn this on for outbound DoS from your customers. Since you just close/ignore any abuse requests sent to abuse@

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@unused said: Wow. It would be great if you turn this on for outbound DoS from your customers. Since you just close/ignore any abuse requests sent to abuse@

Ask Gordon about the abuse report he sent us tonight about a 2 minute outgoing DDOS that was already dealt with. I'd have to say that this does not happen. If you're getting ignored, you're not e-mailing the abuse contact listed with ARIN.

• @jarland said: Ask Gordon about the abuse report he sent us tonight about a 2 minute outgoing DDOS that was already dealt with. I'd have to say that this does not happen. If you're getting ignored, you're not e-mailing the abuse contact listed with ARIN.

This isn't my experience. To each his own, but IMHO i would stay far away from Gordon and Incero.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@unused said: This isn't my experience. To each his own, but IMHO i would stay far away from Gordon and Incero.

It's pretty well known to anyone interested that he is over worked and formerly under staffed. I would like to think that this accounts for any legitimate negative experiences.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited April 2013

Definitely head over to WHT and cruise the offers. Tons of big companies you just don't see here, ever. Swiftway seems to be pushing lots these days.

FDCServers... haha... don't you dare... Although tons of location and total bandwidth expansion going on. They might get issues dealt with eventually. Oh wait, the issue is overselling and shaping...

PS: Incero is out of Corexchange. Might want to contact them directly. It's a good facility and who knows that they can offer. I never asked for such a connection.

• As per jarland suggestions, I think CDN will be best for me

• Tons of CDN companies out there. Akamai is known, but rich pricing. Some more affordable offerings out there.

• look into 100tb.com :)

This isn't my experience. To each his own, but IMHO i would stay far away from Gordon and Incero.

@unused, stop being an anonymous prick. Give me a call 512.394.8803 our abuse contact listed with ARIN is abuse[at]inceronetwork.com our system is largely automated and processed in real time, any report not actioned within 72 hours results in an automatic 7 or 30 day null route (depending on the number of abuse reports for the IP). It sounds like you have a bone to pick with me for some unknown reason, so lets hear about it. It also sounds like you have been sending abuse reports to an unknown email address.

@pubcralwer

PS: Incero is out of Corexchange. Might want to contact them directly. It's a good facility and who knows that they can offer. I never asked for such a connection.

Yes, corexchange offer 10gig connections for $10k/mo with a 1 year contract. Incero has more bandwidth capacity in use and available than corexchange.

It's pretty well known to anyone interested that he is over worked and formerly under staffed. I would like to think that this accounts for any legitimate negative experiences.

@jarland I wouldn't say that we're understaffed at all. People on here that hate us like @ftpit think that we have poor customer service because we wont hand hold them and manage their servers for free. We're an unmanaged provider and generally ignore or close tickets that are out of scope. This generally doesn't sit well with inexperienced customers, but experienced admins appreciate our substantial network and ipmi/kvm free of charge.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I've nothing but good things to say about Gordon @Incero and the team. I had a server with them for a short while and support was nothing but fantastic. I'm sure they go way out of their way for "unmanaged".

I keep hearing good things about them as well. @Simplenode uses them. I don't use them anymore, but I'm sure they're still great.

No issues whatsoever :)

• @Incero said: We're an unmanaged provider and generally ignore or close tickets that are out of scope. This generally doesn't sit well with inexperienced customers, but experienced admins appreciate our substantial network and ipmi/kvm free of charge.

Now that's just rude. If I didn't know what I was doing and wrote to an unmanaged provider for help the least I would expect would be a reply of "I'm sorry, we are an unmanaged provider, we only provide support for hardware and network issues. (we provide management for an additional XXX$)", maybe you could even tell them how to fix it too if it is a simple fix, or google the issue and send them the first relevant result. That takes 1 minute more than clicking "Close" without replying, and it's the least you can do when you aren't super budget like OVH or Datashack, and even they won't simply ignore you. If I had tickets closed without a response by a provider, I'd be out, and most people I know would be too.

@superpilesos by not hiring more support staff, we are able to invest $700,000 in our Juniper network in the past 18 months.

All welcome tickets state:

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Server Is Unmanaged, No Support, You're The Expert!
    All high priority tickets will be charged a fee, as they result in an engineer being alerted 24/7. Your server is unmanaged, absolutely no support is provided for your server. If you need to unblock your firewall or reboot the machine use the IPMI/KVM. If you require further assistance you should contract an expert server management company, our managed server plans start at $800/month. We do not offer hourly support services. Standard support hours (hardware issues, RDNS, etc) are 9AM-5PM CST M-F excluding holidays.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Our order form also says "unmanaged, no support". Customers that choose to ignore this simply can't be helped. We provide excellent services to a niche market, and it works very well for us.

@dominicl it's a pleasure serving customers like yourself.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

@Incero 700k? All you need is a single guy/team from India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Philippines/etc to give copy+paste responses to people requesting support out of what you provide. Or if you only hire Americans, the same person closing the ticket can give that response. Takes less than a minute.

@superpilesos feel free to run your company as you like, our solutions work for our 1,000+ machines with clients in 79 countries. Our target market is simply not the inexperienced customer, but clients with their own management teams or sysadmins on staff. We will never outsource any part of our operations to India. Thanks.

• So what I am hearing is if you do not want to work on it, you just close the ticket? You do not even take the 30 seconds to tell the customer its not within the scope of your support? No wonder people are upset. I would never treat my clients that way, even if their question was stupid or ill conceived. Maybe this is why people give you a bad wrap, going forward maybe consider having a little more respect for your customers, even if they are unmanaged and under skilled. I do not even use your services, but that response leads me to believe I do not want to either. Nice to know if I put in a ticket you don't like your just going to ignore me.

Also, in my experience, you could use some work on your European routes, the throughput I see on your network to Europe is usually quite low (~2M/sec max) from the servers I have used from your DC, and that is to servers connected by gigabit connections.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @Incero I have never told anything bad about you gordon.Miss the network still!! Why I moved is because of IP shortage as you told me.You have always helped me .If the IP problem is solved ,I want another vps node with you.

edited April 2013

@thelinuxbug open a ticket if you have network issues, we respond very quickly to all reported issues. As we're based in Dallas, TX 16mbit/second to eastern europe may be the best that is achievable, however if there is a better route we will prefer it on request.

We only close tickets without response to clients who continually abuse our support system. Please don't make exaggerations. This is why we generally don't interact on LET. I welcome you to come to our Austin TX office for a meeting face to face so that you can meet our very friendly staff and have a beer with us, I'll pay for your domestic airfare and 2 nights in the W hotel downtown.

Thanks,
    Gordon

• @TheLinuxBug People from Europe used to get about 100 mbps which is quite good