Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Data Center 10 gbps deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Data Center 10 gbps deals

support123support123 Member
edited April 2013 in General

I need to know some high bandwidth providers with multiple 10 gbps capability for colo.This is not for vps hosting,but for a big video stream project. Location any --preferred USA or NL

Comments

• swiftway.net
    i3d.net

• Cheaper options available ?

• @ftpit said: Cheaper

@ftpit said: multiple 10 gbps capability

How cheap?

• FDCServers? leaseweb? swiftway and i3d are already cheap, but you need good quality if you will do video streaming

• Try serverius. They may be able to supply high bandwidth at lower prices.

• support123support123 Member
    edited April 2013

what should be my budget for this? I need like 1gbps guaranteed with 10 gbps burst. Edited the title to include all locations possible.

• BrightbullBrightbull Member
    edited April 2013

These only have a few plans on their site but send them an email and ask. They have a cage or a private suite in the Globalswitch datacenter in Amsterdam where they offer rackspace colocation. Website is in dutch but they speak English.

http://interracks.com/colocatie.php / [email protected]

edited April 2013

@Patrick FDC has bad reviews.I need something more reliable

@Brightbull They look to have only 100 mbits max

edited April 2013

@superpilesos what was the written speed on that server specs?

Looks like I will not take such colo offers even if given for free ;)

• @ftpit said: @superpilesos what was the written speed on that server specs?

100Mbps unmetered

• @superpilesos haha .Comparing to that I will get like 20-30 mbps on their 10gbps servers. Have you tried to contact them?

• I just considered it a loss and never tried it again, they were not helpful when I tried to contact them 1-2 years ago for issues on another server

• Incero looks more reliable as from my previous experience though 10 gbps unmetered costs like 18000/mo

• 10Gbps unmetered will not be cheap anywhere, but look around the providers in NL - one of them will probably be the cheapest

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

You're not going to find cheap 10Gbps and reliable... What is your budget?

• @ Nick_ANick_A My budget is flexible,since the site will be quite big ,expecting some investors.I do not need dedicated 10 gbps lines.I need 1gbps dedicated with 10 gbps burst.

Location?

• Anywhere,does not matter much.USA preferred still

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

I know there are some CDN options for what you need. You'd be lucky to get 10 gig reasonably with a single upstream provider and then you may be in worse shape than 1 gig with a good blend. There's a reason the big names use big CDNs. You want to distribute the load and the costs.

• @ftpit said: I need 1gbps dedicated with 10 gbps burst.

You should consider splitting the workload onto multiple smaller servers if possible

• @jarland It will be for live streaming,so no CDN

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2013

Is the site already established? Cause I've witnessed multiple cases of "I need 10gbps", ending up to consume less than 1TB of BW per month, the first couple of months or ever.

EDIT: Just read that you'll be using for live streaming. You should make sure the provider allows streaming as multiple providers don't allow it and CDN's over their network for soem reason.

@ftpit said: It will be for live streaming,so no CDN

You can live stream through a CDN. If you think you need to burst 10Gbit then you might find this the more affordable option. Give Akamai a call.

Hey, if you're willing to sign a contract and go through the works, you can probably find a good option. I have the same feeling as @Alex_LiquidHost, but if you can pay, why not?

• @Alex_LiquidHost You are right.I know in the beginning,I will need very less.
    I have someone interested to invest like 100k in that project.I will not divulge details though since development will take 6 months-1 year.what I need is a DC who offers rooms for growth in future , instead of moving form one DC to another.

@ftpit said: I have someone interested to invest like 100k

Then yeah you'll want the best of the best. Don't centralize it unless the target audience is narrow.
    http://www.akamai.com/html/solutions/sola-vision.html

edited April 2013

@jarland I will need to look into cdn.The site will target the world.It seems the best to me.It is related to education,since not completed Unlike shove,I do not like to talk much about it and keep dreaming like him to do this and that ;)

• @ftpit like I said, they only have a few plans on their site so you should contact them. I'm sure they can offer more when they're in the GlobalSwitch datacenter.