Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus to offload VPS business to Eastern Europe - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus to offload VPS business to Eastern Europe

123457»

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@Shigawire said: I woke up this morning.. checked this thread and nearly died. WTF. Moving from IT to RO. Then I saw the promo codes and now I am disappointed that they don't work anymore ;(

Btw yes exactly that's why a lot of people, me included, dislike April 1st.

Consider what a customer feels when seeing this thread
    1) annoyed at the supposed VPS move to an unfamiliar location, and all the ruckus and mess that's probably going to occur during the ownership transfer;
    2) afraid to lose the good quality service they used to have with Prometeus;
    3) seeing all the coupons and realizing it was a joke;
    4) disappointed because none of the coupons work anymore;
    5) tired and just closing this browser tab, hating 1st April a tiny bit more.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but it is very rare that a lot of people get a good laugh from April-1st-style jokes besides the "organizers".

• FreekFreek Member

@rm_ said: 4) disappointed because none of the coupons work anymore;

One still works, but it's "just" 45% OFF... I agree that the 90% (??) OFF coupon or even the 80% OFF coupon ran out pretty quickly

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@rm_ I think the majority of people here enjoyed such a well performed and thought out practical joke :).

Overall it's been a success for @Prometeus and @Maounique and I for one was both shocked and fooled by the first post :D. Smiles (mostly) all around though and a fantastic Easter egg offer too :).

Not many others would have the balls (ballsvps lmao) to do such a thing so I take my hat off to them :)

• bnmklbnmkl Member

• VladorzVladorz Member
    edited April 2013

well youtube put a lot of effort and money in their 'april 1st' prank:

• I'm confused, did they actually open a 2nd location?

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said: I'm confused, did they actually open a 2nd location?

It's April fools joke. No changes with prometeus/iperweb. Just coupon codes with huge discounts

• @Vladorz said: well youtube put a lot of effort and money in their 'april 1st' prank:

Great video.

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited April 2013

you could have made this thread tomorrow instead ;)

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited April 2013

A lot more suckers than one would have anticipated.

• Too bad all the posted coupon codes are now dead :)