Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpeedyKVM - v-Dedicated 2 Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpeedyKVM - v-Dedicated 2 Review

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2016

MikeA said: Who pissed in your Cheerios?

What, did you copyright being a prick?

MikeA said: Do you work for Incero?

No I just feel like pointing out that you're obsessed with them and you're being a prick just looking for everything you can piss on that relates to them.

MikeA said: I'm going off of public experiences of others, and looking at their brand over time

Except for mine, which started as a customer of RamNode, then a customer of Incero, then a friend of everyone involved. But I'm biased and the past doesn't exist of course because "lolololol im a troll lololol lets piss on everything."

• camjac251camjac251 Member
    edited September 2016

@FredQc said:
    So they cancelled your service and refunded you because of this?

I was refunded and my account was closed completely. To add to the above, I had an unpaid invoice on the account prior to ordering the V-Dedicated package. The invoice was months old and the service that was tied to it was auto terminated 2 days after the due date (which is fair). After ordering the V-dedicated, it all went through fine. But as soon as the same person (Jeff) saw it, he replied to me via a new ticket saying that instead of the money for the V-Dedicated to go through, they'll be using that money for this unpaid invoice instead and refund me the rest (The invoice was around $15 with all of the late fees). I had to then complain to them that the invoice they were charging me for was for an entire month when I had only recieved 2 days of service which they then issued a VPS for to cover the rest of the month (I still have access to it now, they didn't terminate when they so-called banned me). I had then ordered the V-Dedicated again which was the 12TB one with no problems, then after that they sent the ticket response above.

This is why I wouldn't trust them with your Terabytes of data since they probably wouldn't give any advanced notice or warning that they would be terminating you as a customer.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said:

MikeA said: Do you work for Incero?

No I just feel like pointing out that you're obsessed with them and you're being a prick just looking for everything you can piss on that relates to them.

I posted maybe two or three times in the past? If I'm obsessed with anyone I think they're far from.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MikeA said:

@jarland said:

MikeA said: This is how Incero brands operate. This is why I made my statements above.

So if they have a live chat that interfaces with a ticket and they close the ticket for a closed chat, that's a reason for you to be a dick?

That's what it looks like to me anyway. Then again I'm actually reading and not just looking for reasons to be a prick. You just take any chance to take shots don't you. I bet if Gordon buys a sandwich you'd find a way to talk shit about it.

Who pissed in your Cheerios? Do you work for Incero? I'm going off of public experiences of others, and looking at their brand over time.

Ahum Mike.
    Let's hear my opinion...

Granted I got them a good client (1k+ per month, two years contract) but only recently I got a credit for the referral. Until then, I've done business with Gordon, I've sent tickets in Wable, I've purchased KVMs and I have never had a single issue with their support. I'm a cheap client, my profit is minimum in their books, but I'm also a respectful client and am totally aware that my services are unmanaged. If they operate SpeedyKVM as an unmanaged brand, the only ticket responses you'll see are related to network/node issues. I too agree they need to improve their support but thing is: they run a profitable business where LET customers are a minimal percentage of their profit. I too love a good/personal touch ticket support but they do not have time nor patient for that. If you've done business with Gordon you'd know what I mean.

MikeA said: I posted maybe two or three times in the past? If I'm obsessed with anyone I think they're far from.

Really? Because you even quoted a picture of them closing an archive of a closed live chat and used that as a point to shit talk. I mean seriously, you've gotta have motive for that which extends far beyond actually caring about the content of your words.

So I'm not going to care about mine when I speak to you, and I'm going to troll you for a bit.

edited September 2016

Cellphone not editing heh.
    To sum it up, Mike, if there's a customer pushing them too much they simply refund and close the account. It's not the way people make it look like IMHO.

Thanked by 1ryanarp

@MrGeneral said:

@MikeA said:

@jarland said:

MikeA said: This is how Incero brands operate. This is why I made my statements above.

So if they have a live chat that interfaces with a ticket and they close the ticket for a closed chat, that's a reason for you to be a dick?

That's what it looks like to me anyway. Then again I'm actually reading and not just looking for reasons to be a prick. You just take any chance to take shots don't you. I bet if Gordon buys a sandwich you'd find a way to talk shit about it.

Who pissed in your Cheerios? Do you work for Incero? I'm going off of public experiences of others, and looking at their brand over time.

Ahum Mike.
    Let's hear my opinion...

Granted I got them a good client (1k+ per month, two years contract) but only recently I got a credit for the referral. Until then, I've done business with Gordon, I've sent tickets in Wable, I've purchased KVMs and I have never had a single issue with their support. I'm a cheap client, my profit is minimum in their books, but I'm also a respectful client and am totally aware that my services are unmanaged. If they operate SpeedyKVM as an unmanaged brand, the only ticket responses you'll see are related to network/node issues. I too agree they need to improve their support but thing is: they run a profitable business where LET customers are a minimal percentage of their profit. I too love a good/personal touch ticket support but they do not have time nor patient for that. If you've done business with Gordon you'd know what I mean.

Posts like yours I like to see, I wish it was posted earlier in this thread. And yep, I'm aware it's a part of their business plan, it's what makes sense for them.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@MrGeneral said:
    To sum it up, Mike, if there's a customer pushing them too much they simply refund and close the account.

Like opening a live chat to bump an hour old non-emergency ticket? ;)

I mean no disrespect to the person doing that, but I can't blame someone for not wanting to deal with that.

edited September 2016

MikeA said: I'm aware it's a part of their business plan, it's what makes sense for them.

Yeah, I much prefer it to the "Post in competitor's review threads to shit talk" business plan.

edited September 2016

@MikeA said:

@MrGeneral said:

@MikeA said:

@jarland said:

Ahum Mike.
    Let's hear my opinion...

Posts like yours I like to see, I wish it was posted earlier in this thread. And yep, I'm aware it's a part of their business plan, it's what makes sense for them.

:), it's normal that Jarland is defending Incero. After all, he has used their services and had a different experience as I. Believe me that, if I had so many customers, say, in Wable, with guys opening a bunch of tickets all the time, I'd close their account as well within 24h notice :p

@jarland said:

MikeA said: I'm aware it's a part of their business plan, it's what makes sense for them.

Yeah, I much prefer it to the "Post in competitor's review threads to shit talk" business plan.

Posting on a forum is far different than a business plan :-)

Regardless, you're right, I should have just left the thread after the first few posts. The original thread is a great review. Maybe I shouldn't be watching the debate while posting!

Thanked by 1jar

MrGeneral said: it's normal that Jarland is defending Incero

Yuupp... it started when I found out they were RamNode's provider and continues today. I'm nothing if not loyal to those who do me right :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

MikeA said: Maybe I shouldn't be watching the debate while posting!

Hahaha dude this thing is hilarious.

• camjac251camjac251 Member
    edited September 2016

@jarland said:

@MrGeneral said:
    To sum it up, Mike, if there's a customer pushing them too much they simply refund and close the account.

Like opening a live chat to bump an hour old non-emergency ticket? ;)

I mean no disrespect to the person doing that, but I can't blame someone for not wanting to deal with that.

I had used live chat since the last time I had been talking to them, they seemed to be really helpful and descriptive on what they were doing like deploying my server. I did also reply to the ticket a few times first asking for an update since it seemed like the request would have only take 15-25 minutes. Their live chat is more sales and by the looks of it non-emergency.

If you had livechat on mxroute, would you do the same thing as what Incero did to me? I feel like anyone would have handled it better than they did since I was terminated just because it annoyed them a little. Even though I was a paying customer, they did not see any reason to see past it.

@MikeA said:

@jarland said:

Posting on a forum is far different than a business plan :-)

Regardless, you're right, I should have just left the thread after the first few posts. The original thread is a great review. Maybe I shouldn't be watching the debate while posting!

No need, I don't mind. I like sharing opinions and you're more than welcome to share yours :). My opinion however is still the same:

• There are always two sides of the history;
    • They might need to improve their PR aspect;
    • Their hardware rocks;
    • Most providers here would love to provide/own such a great network.

camjac251 said: If you had livechat on mxroute, would you do the same thing as what Incero did to me?

Probably because I need to get you out of the way and go find out who hacked my website and installed a live chat :P

No really though I can't compare others to what I would do. I'm too nice and easily walked all over because of it.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@MrGeneral said:
    No need, I don't mind. I like sharing opinions and you're more than welcome to share yours :). My opinion however is still the same:

• Their hardware rocks;

Hardware is great, I even mentioned that above before the storm moved in. The drives they use are better than what most datacenter use.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@MikeA said:

@MrGeneral said:

• Their hardware rocks;

Hardware is great, I even mentioned that above before the storm moved in. The drives they use are better than what most datacenter use.

Yup, and their network is superb. I'm yet to find a better network.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited September 2016

@jarland said:

Someone should be able to criticize a provider just as freely as you praise providers without getting a personal attack against them. That's all this post by you is. I think its great that you have good experiences with Incero and want to support them, but that doesn't mean you should attack those that have differing opinions.

HackedServer said: Someone should be able to criticize a provider just as freely as you praise providers without getting a personal attack against them.

Why should I not be able to criticize people who criticize? People can criticize that I criticize people for criticizing but I can't criticize people for criticizing?

• @jarland said:
    Why should I not be able to criticize people who criticize? People can criticize that I criticize people for criticizing but I can't criticize people for criticizing?

Calling someone a prick and a dick isn't a criticism, its just insults.

Thanked by 4jar imok eLohkCalb Yura

HackedServer said: Calling someone a prick and a dick isn't a criticism, its just insults.

And?

• HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited September 2016

@jarland said:
    And?

I was explaining the difference between criticizing and insulting. I said someone shouldn't have to worry about personal attacks and your rebuttal was that criticism should be allowed. Two different things.

Thanked by 1jar

HackedServer said: I was explaining the difference between criticizing and insulting.

Much appreciated.

HackedServer said: I said someone shouldn't have to worry about personal attacks

Agree to disagree :)

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited September 2016

Well something is really fishy in the bench

Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 104MB/s Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 110MB/s

@mehargags said:

It is a local LW mirror, it was mentioned in another thread earlier today.

Thanked by 2vimalware MikePT
  • @MikeA said:

@mehargags said:

It is a local LW mirror, it was mentioned in another thread earlier today.

Real Haarlem location mirror is http://mirror.nl.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin

They should change for this url in the script.

Thanked by 2MikePT MikeA

Yep, noticed that too, it would be awesome to download at that speed from NL :p

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited September 2016

HackedServer said: Calling someone a prick and a dick isn't a criticism, its just insults.

let.jpg

I guess some like to point at someone rather than something.

Thanked by 1jar

eLohkCalb said: I guess some like to point at someone rather than something.