Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

limited special dedicated at ovh.de - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

limited special dedicated at ovh.de

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

Ympker said: Why did you want to refund? :p

I am better off with my comparable Hetzner server with Hardware Raid. It was an impulsive purchase. I was weak, tired and easy to influence. I don't even like OVH too much. But why am I explaining this in a forum full of server junkies...? ;)

And honestly, I don't care about the refund. I am willing to pay the price for my addiction. I just wanted to see whether the myths about their refund policy are true. If they deny, then I will move on to the next impulsive purchase and shed no tear.

Thanked by 3Ympker imok vedran
  • @Amitz said:

Ympker said: Why did you want to refund? :p

I am better off with my comparable Hetzner server with Hardware Raid. It was an impulsive purchase. I was weak, tired and easy to influence. I don't even like OVH too much. But why am I explaining this in a forum full of server junkies...? ;)

Also instantly bought One and now wondering what I will do with it xD

• Ympker said: Also instantly bought One and now wondering what I will do with it xD

See, you exactly know what I am talking about... ;)

• tarasis said: Phew I can stop tormenting myself by wanting one despite having no compelling reason to need it. It was double what I pay Online.net BUT 8 times the resources (I've a Dedibox XC 2015 so 8GB Ram, 1TB HDD).

haha, they will come back with another offer I am sure...

but if you are fine with your box and don't need more specs, why bother?

it always depends on what you really need, there is no sense in ordering a bigger dedi only because it is cheap, if you won't use it at all. better watch out for an offer which matches your needed specs more precisely.

I'll probably just get rid of my KS3-C from the last flashsale because space on this new one is plenty... another 9€ monthly saved.

• Amitz said: They will probably not even take the time to tell you this if you ask them.

I got an answer after 13 hours to tell me they will check whether the refund is accepted.

Actually not a big problem. If they reject, I will have a server to play sometime within a month and lesson learned.

freeneter said: Of course they offer refunds, it´s called "Widerrufsrecht" in German. You can return a server within 14 days by law.

My order is for BHS.

@Amitz said:

Ympker said: Also instantly bought One and now wondering what I will do with it xD

See, you exactly know what I am talking about... ;)

Well, I was not the only one.

I've realized they offer support in spanish too.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Falzo said:

tarasis said: Phew I can stop tormenting myself by wanting one despite having no compelling reason to need it. It was double what I pay Online.net BUT 8 times the resources (I've a Dedibox XC 2015 so 8GB Ram, 1TB HDD).

haha, they will come back with another offer I am sure...

but if you are fine with your box and don't need more specs, why bother?

it always depends on what you really need, there is no sense in ordering a bigger dedi only because it is cheap, if you won't use it at all. better watch out for an offer which matches your needed specs more precisely.

Indeed your right. I've been after more HDD space for a while, and been hoping the 2017 Dedibox XC (if they do one) will maybe go to 2TB. Processor wise and Ram wise I've been happy with what I currently have, I'm not really straining it at the moment.

• Stupid that I must be verified at OVH when I have an active Kimsufi account with lots of servers. But I ordered via de .ie link and since I'm from Norway, no VAT for me :)

• Anyone completed delivery in Canada? I received a email saying they have problem matching a product with this price point.

• gaRt3ngaRt3n Member
    edited September 2016

Is there anyone in europe who wants to Sell one Server? I'll handle the transfer with OVH if wanted

• @gaRt3n said:
    Is there anyone in europe who wants to Sell one Server? :D

Well Ill be also interested :)

• gaRt3ngaRt3n Member
    edited September 2016

@fLoo said:
    Nice offer, ordered 2 3 in SBG :)

If you ever decide to sell one ^^ I'm your man :D

• @gaRt3n said:

@WHT said:

at least those servers are transferable, so chances are not that bad to find one in short time. ;-)

if OVH denies refunds @Amitz and others are probably willing to transfer those boxes to recover on the costs.

• look like verification ovh save my money :D

my order has expired

• @gaRt3n said:

@fLoo said:

that post most probably was a hoax or he simply ended up only trying.

as far as people were telling here, no one got a box in SBG as they simply don't have any servers of those kind over there.

• Upload speed is abysmal on mine.

• gaRt3ngaRt3n Member
    edited September 2016

@Falzo said:

@gaRt3n said:

@fLoo said:

that post most probably was a hoax or he simply ended up only trying.

as far as people were telling here, no one got a box in SBG as they simply don't have any servers of those kind over there.

I see... what a shame.

If some one is not happy with the server ^^

@Amitz just contact me I'll take it if it's in Europe.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

Haha! I am such a dork...!

First of all, OVH support (Accountants) answered quick. It took just 1.5 hours for a reply. Which is quite cool.

And here is the "dork" part: She friendly explained to me that the "14 days cancellation" clause does not apply to me. Which is completely right. I ordered the server using my company's account (which I forgot). Those 14 days are a right made for consumers, not for companies doing trade with each other. So no refund for me. Absolutely okay. But I will have to work on my impulsive personality disorder. ;)

And no: Sorry, but I will not transfer this server to anyone. I was informed that I need to provide a physical copy of my passport and a written form to OVH to do so. That is too much hassle for this. What a pity. Transferring a server is often just a matter of some clicks at the competition.

• @Amitz said: But I will have to work on my impulsive personality disorder. ;)

ignore all those titles with specials from kimi or ovh or online and you'll be just fine.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • How long do your server delivered?

My 1 day ago order is still not delivered yet. I choose europe server from US link. Even my purchase is not listed in my billing account

• @akhfa said:
    How long do your server delivered?

My 1 day ago order is still not delivered yet. I choose europe server from US link. Even my purchase is not listed in my billing account

Sams here, I ordered on the EU one.

• lusirhelusirhe Member
    edited September 2016

Ok, got a response from [email protected] and they said among other things "Votre compte client est maintenant validé et vous êtes exonéré de la tva."

This is weird, I am in EU, I shouldn't be vat free. Guess it's a mistake, as the price for the dedi is still 47 euro. Or?

I placed the order yesterday, now on invoice it says "Préparation et mise à disposition de votre serveur - En cours

Does this mean they will honour it? I'd be surprised.

• Amitz said: Sorry, but I will not transfer this server to anyone. I was informed that I need to provide a physical copy of my passport and a written form to OVH to do so.

What a shame =/ And I asked them they'll dispose the Servers when customers stopped paying for one...

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Winne said:
    Upload speed is abysmal on mine.

seems alright on all of mine.. how did you test yours?

• ehab said: ignore all those titles with specials from kimi or ovh or online and you'll be just fine.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Very, very weak. ;)

Thanked by 2exception0x876 ehab
  • @exception0x876 said:

@Winne said:
    Upload speed is abysmal on mine.

seems alright on all of mine.. how did you test yours?

Deluge and a private tracker.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I can get one and "rent it" for any reputable user here.

• @akhfa @fan did you already pay the order? normally you get mails on everything... maybe while in the verification process they got sold out with instant provisioning and now you are on hold for someone releasing their server...

@lusirhe same question, did you pay already? order or invoice should show if they charge VAT or not. if you have the server delivered you may try to extend the service to see about VAT on the next bill ^^

• I paid for it 20 min ago, order shows VAT included. But it hasn't been delivered yet.
    Will see.

• @Falzo said:
    @akhfa @fan did you already pay the order? normally you get mails on everything... maybe while in the verification process they got sold out with instant provisioning and now you are on hold for someone releasing their server...

@lusirhe same question, did you pay already? order or invoice should show if they charge VAT or not. if you have the server delivered you may try to extend the service to see about VAT on the next bill ^^

Paid like 20 hours ago, they confirm the payment in an email but it seems to be under verification, it's weird because my account was already verified and exempted from VAT in 2013.

• @netomx said:
    I can get one and "rent it" for any reputable user here.

How would you rent for someone when there aren't any free ones?

This discussion has been closed.