Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

limited special dedicated at ovh.de - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

limited special dedicated at ovh.de

Comments

• Just ordered one great deal :)

• Deal closed.

• @Falzo said:

@gaRt3n said:

@fLoo said:
    Nice offer, ordered 2 3 in SBG :)

If you ever decide to sell one ^^ I'm your man :D

that post most probably was a hoax or he simply ended up only trying.

as far as people were telling here, no one got a box in SBG as they simply don't have any servers of those kind over there.

Yep. These servers were only in GRA. I ended up switching my main location from SBG to GRA. Speeds are for me (Germany) the same, just pings are +15ms (~ 28 ms) which is totally fine (i dont host any gameservers or voip stuff)

• @sdjason said:
    Anyone completed delivery in Canada? I received a email saying they have problem matching a product with this price point.

I have not completed delivery so, I suspect that one of these emails is forthcoming. :\

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited September 2016

I've setup bare debian now with LUKS and raid 10 .. still dont know if i go for proxmox or if i go by console only and do all by myself (like i did before) :) Any suggestions?

Goal: KVM / IPv6 / LIBVIRT / LXC (private not owned by uid:0)

So far i did it everytime by hand including VPN to get these into my server-farm. What are the pros for Proxmox if i can do all that stuff by myself and wont resell?

• Falzo said: @akhfa @fan did you already pay the order? normally you get mails on everything... maybe while in the verification process they got sold out with instant provisioning and now you are on hold for someone releasing their server...

Already paid the order, account already verified from long time. I just hope that at least my order is appear on my billing page :D

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

gaRt3n said: How would you rent for someone when there aren't any free ones?

@netomx can do things that most of us cannot even imagine. Incredible things. He is the first person in the world who installed FreeBSD on a Taco. He ran 50 Tacos off one modified Burrito. He built a Burrito cluster that hosts parts of Netflix' infrastructure in the meantime. Just some examples... Not even talking about what he can do with a Fajita. Crazy and absolutely astounding! But. never. give. him. a. router. He will brick it. ;)

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

so are this server discounted for the first three months ? or renew price is also 38euro ?

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited September 2016

@RIYAD said:
    so are this server discounted for the first three months ? or renew price is also 38euro ?

It is confirmed that this is the base-price and not discounted. So the price is recurring.

• RIYAD said: so are this server discounted for the first three months ? or renew price is also 38euro ?

There is no indication that the price will change, other than the original add had the term 'discover' in it, which (to me at least) has the implications of a trial price.

We'll all find out in 3 months time, I guess.

• I placed the order for BHS via US website, I hope to get it delivered. Let's see.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I called OVH.ie and they told its for 3months and the price would change :|

I told on the page it does not show's any thing like that and got "ya it will change after 3months"

confused

• @RIYAD said:

I told on the page it does not show's any thing like that and got "ya it will change after 3months"

confused

German support told on 9th of september thats its recurring. Proof:

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @fLoo said:

@RIYAD said:

confused

German support told on 9th of september thats its recurring. Proof:

I only ran it through google translate, but I didn't see anything that specifically stated that the price won't rise after 3 months.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • Nekki said:
    I only ran it through google translate, but I didn't see anything that specifically stated that the price won't rise after 3 months.

I'm also confused

• @hotsnow said:
    I'm also confused

To be precise i'm gonna translate it for you:

• @fLoo That's what I translated it to also. Context is important though - what was the actual question asked?

• @Nekki said:
    @fLoo That's what I translated it to also. Context is important though - what was the actual question asked?

Looked through the guys tweets, seems he didn't directly ask so I'm unsure.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2016

you might also want to read this:

2nd sentence states perfectly clear "price is recurring, location only GRA"

PS: why that much ado about the pricing at all? OVH has been clear about their 3 month 50% promo before, there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't had mentioned that clearly if it had applied on this one too...

Thanked by 2Tom Nekki
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited September 2016

@Falzo said:
    PS: why that much ado about the pricing at all? OVH has been clear about their 3 month 50% promo before, there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't had mentioned that clearly if it >had applied on this one too...

Btw .. do you accept donations? I feel guilty that i bought 6 servers and i feel like i might be able to spend some bucks for your next beer :)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Yoda said:

@Nekki said:
    @fLoo That's what I translated it to also. Context is important though - what was the actual question asked?

Looked through the guys tweets, seems he didn't directly ask so I'm unsure.

That's what I was thinking to, albeit based on Google translations.

@Falzo said:

PS: why that much ado about the pricing at all? OVH has been clear about their 3 month 50% promo before, there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't had mentioned that clearly if it had applied on this one too...

Yeah, that tweet is very clear, although could apply to .de only I guess.

The reason for nervousness over pricing is that this seems too damn cheap. In LET land, if it's too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • @Falzo said:

Perfect; thanks.
    Translation from a friend for all:

the price is permanent, location is only GRA. the offer is limited - if gone, then gone 
    Thanked by 1Nekki
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2016

Nekki said: The reason for nervousness over pricing is that this seems too damn cheap. In LET land, if it's too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

haha, agreed. but on the other hand OVH had a lot of ridiculous priced offers before, ffs they invented kimsufi ;-)

I don't think of them wanting to pull any stunt later on this, times they might have did this are most likely long gone.

fLoo said: i feel like i might be able to spend some bucks for your next beer :)

thanks, after @Nekki took care of my initial thirst at noon, I think I'll get drunk shortly... will send you a PM ^^

Thanked by 1Tom
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2016

hmmm 64gig, how much Gameservers could fit on that 1000? Lets find out :D

• God damnit, how did I miss this?! Oh well. Surely I won't miss another OVH/SYS/Kimsufi/Online.net limited edition sale.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2016

Falzo said: I don't think of them wanting to pull any stunt later on this, times they might have did this are most likely long gone.

I have made a diary note for the end of 3 month from now :) Still don't believe it's that permanently cheap, OVH are the kings of stunts that end up costing you more later.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Lee said:

yeah, will see, if anyone tries a 360 it most probably would be OVH :-)

anyways, if I decide to keep it at the end of the first month (and it very much looks like so for now) I'll probably go to extend for three or six months at once...

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • Falzo said: yeah, will see, if anyone tries a 360 it most probably would be OVH :-)

I just want to laugh at all the kids looking to start law suit against OVH in 3 months :)

• For those still ordering - how are you doing so? All I get is error pages.

• @zrunner said:

@fsgmhoward said:
    Wah... almost 70% OFF if VAT is waived (I use FR OVH). So surprising... It will be better if there is BHS DC as a choice!

https://us.ovh.com/us/cgi-bin/newOrder/order.cgi?hard=154casp10

It's now listed as 10 days delivery time but was 72 hours previously.

Also i dont understand what you mean with 70% off if not paying VAT in FR? are you saying you pay VAT that is 70%?

No... I mean the original price of SP-64-S (with 2x2T) is 99.99 EUR but this offer has 4x2T and only cost 38.65 EUR (both not include VAT)

This discussion has been closed.