Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

limited special dedicated at ovh.de - Page 30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

limited special dedicated at ovh.de

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

@ehab said:
    this thread should be renamed "ovh.de cest" , see what you done Falzo.

and on every damn comment I get a notification ... see what you've done @falzo ;-)

• Still one of the best deals out there...so thank you Falzo. And I'm almost missed out. "No need for this"...but the "just must have" part of my brain kicked in, and I got one of thees excellent servers.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

myhken said: "just must have"

At 38 EUR this is still a worse overall value compared to 4x 8.99 EUR KS3C i5 16GB.

• @rm_ yes, and no. They do not offer more then one IP at Kimsufi, so I can't use it for what I'm using it for today. That's a test lab, running several different virtual machines, with snapshot function, so I can reset them and start over again and again.
    And do also have some VM's with backup servers etc.
    So, again for my usage, this is really a good server.

Thanked by 1Junkless
    edited March 2017

You can use IPv6 for VMs on Kimsufi, but it can be a bit complex to set up (can't use a simple bridge, must do ndp-proxy and routing, or L2 NAT).

• @rm_ any tutorials about how to set-up multiple IPv6 for use in proxmox KVMs on kimsufi?

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited March 2017

@ccarita

Have a look at this tut

Thanked by 2ccarita rumi4
  • @MrPsycho the tutorial you shared is great, but I need to know how to adapt it to work with KVM containers. It seems not so easy to do with KVM guests...

• Could you define what do you mean by KVM containers?

Anyways... I think I know that you are talking about. While you are creating LXC/OVZ container, you are also assigning IP to it in "Network" tab. I guess that the problem is that you don't see that option while creating KVM VM. It's due to how templates work. When you choose LXC and later template, proxmox knows which file to edit on container side. With KVM, proxmox doesn't know how to configure networking on VM side. You have to do it manually. To do that, choose network interface to bridge (the one you want to assing IP from) and continue creating VM. When you're done, start the VM and access it using console. From that point edit networking, so the VM gets it's own IP. (for eg. edit /etc/network/interfaces )

Thanked by 1rumi4
  • @MrPsycho Thanks for your explanation. I will try to do as you say.

edited March 2017

Networking the Container:

1. You can leave the ID as net0,
    2. The name eth0 can also be left alone (this is the name of the interface inside of the container/vm)
    3. Make sure Bridge is set to vmbr0

This is where that tutorial will fail, last time I tried the upstream router wouldn't accept multiple MACs from the client side.

You'll be able to ping the KVM guest IPv6 from your server itself, but it won't be reachable from the Internet.

upd: "Gerardo" in the comments to that tutorial is having this exact problem and posts some workarounds.

Thanked by 1Silvest
  • Marcel40625Marcel40625 Member
    edited March 2017

one of the best deals i ever got ... for these price i traded 5 servers for 2 of this and have still more ressources and only 60€ ...

• i´m selling one.
    (prefered german account but i think it doesnt matter)
    pm me your offer but keep in mind a similar server costs about 130€ at ovh.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@freeneter said:
    i´m selling one.
    (prefered german account but i think it doesnt matter)
    pm me your offer but keep in mind a similar server costs about 130€ at ovh.

Yeah but not with crappy 250Mbps like this one you have.

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • Marcel40625Marcel40625 Member
    edited March 2017

have one to many of this machines ... if anyone interested ... pm me with offer ... (german OVH handle) ... but german support can transfer to all handles

• TomTom Member

Possibly also selling one ONLY to OVH UK NICs. PM me w/ offer and I'll see...

• HaxHax Member

Selling two in GRA1, IE account, both expire on 13th May 2017. PM me if you're interested.

• Mmmm aceptas 90?

• @Sixell said:
    Selling two in GRA1, IE account, both expire on 13th May 2017. PM me if you're interested.

For how much ? all with single ips ?

• I'm interested in buy one... thanks... PM me...

• I'm possibly selling 1 or 2 in GRA (with OVH UK)

PM me with offer if interested.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@smoothify said:
    I'm possibly selling 1 or 2 in GRA (with OVH UK)

$7

• sunnygsunnyg Member

Looking for SP-64-D ownership transfer. PM me.

• @Nekki said:

@smoothify said:
    I'm possibly selling 1 or 2 in GRA (with OVH UK)

$7

$8

• RXWatcherRXWatcher Member
    edited May 2017

I am selling one in GRA with 22 IPs that I no longer need.

It's currently in the ovh.ie group but I believe it can be transferred to most as when I transferred it into .ie it was on OVH Portugal.

• Main IP
    • Single IP in FR
    • /30 in NL
    • /29 in NL
    • /29 in NL

Please PM me your offers.

Thanks!
    -RX

• Im interested in buying one at RBX or GRA. PM me for transfer.

• @RXWatcher said:
    I am selling one in GRA with 22 IPs that I no longer need.

It's currently in the ovh.ie group but I believe it can be transferred to most as when I transferred it into .ie it was on OVH Portugal.

• Main IP
    • Single IP in FR
    • /30 in NL
    • /29 in NL
    • /29 in NL

Please PM me your offers.

Thanks!
    -RX

How much are you expecting ?

• hzrhzr Member

Can offer IP setup costs but not much else, looking for one for strictly personal academic projects, no IP is fine too (.ie)

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2017

I'm also curious, how much are people expecting for transfering a server that will expire the next day. I sent a rather generous offer to RXWatcher but I'm curious what he'll consider enough.

• mine doesnt expire for a while. I've moved my due dates.

This discussion has been closed.