Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with Virtwire/Evoburst since yesterday?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issues with Virtwire/Evoburst since yesterday?

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone else who has a server with Virtwire/Evoburst has had any success in getting ahold of their support? It seems that my server has been down for over 24 hours and I have attempted to contact them to no avail.

When attempting to login to my server's control panel, I'm receiving the following error:

Access to this virtual server has been restricted. The node is currently under maintenance. Please try again later

Comments

• No issues here. I'm in Atl

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • bordotbordot Member
    edited September 2016

@Sokaris07 said:
    No issues here. I'm in Atl

My server is in their Seattle, Washington location and they have had an announcement that they are aware of the issue, but no updates since yesterday.

• If they are aware of the issue you must wait a bit. I know it's a pain but nothing more to do

• If they are aware of the issue, that means they are working hard on it. Opening a ticket to ask them again will only increase their workload, which means you will need to wait longer for your server to be back up. Imagine another 200 tickets about the same issue.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    If they are aware of the issue, that means they are working hard on it. Opening a ticket to ask them again will only increase their workload, which means you will need to wait longer for your server to be back up. Imagine another 200 tickets about the same issue.

While I understand that, a simple update on the situation would be very useful. I don't think it's unreasonable for a customer to expect something after over 30 hours of downtime.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited September 2016

From their announcements:

Hello

OVZ-WA01 & BVZ-WA01 are currently down, We are aware of the issue and are working on getting a resolution with Incero.

--- at current, it seems as though a resolution with Incero will not be coming to light. A post will go out shortly to announce this.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

No use opening a ticket for an issue that has an announcement.

• same here, i hope it can solved soon. thanks

• utamautama Member
    edited September 2016

my vps is in LA and no announcement yet made. still waiting for ticket update. :(

• LA01 also down since yesterday

• --- at current, it seems as though a resolution with Incero will not be coming to light. A post will go out shortly to announce this.

Is this something that is supposed to instill some sort of confidence in their service? Does this mean they're having issues with the host? Did someone forget to pay the server bill?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Well seattle isn't a month to month location with Incero anymore. Those services have been discontinued by them. Contracts only.

Could be related

• @bordot said:

--- at current, it seems as though a resolution with Incero will not be coming to light. A post will go out shortly to announce this.

Is this something that is supposed to instill some sort of confidence in their service? Does this mean they're having issues with the host? Did someone forget to pay the server bill?

Probably. They're a shit host that can't seem to get along with anyone or provide competent customer support. This extends to provider-datacenter relationships.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@bordot said:

I think it's just so people can get their backups in order and get things in order.

Not necessarily, it could be that they had serious DDOS issues or just issues with abuse (phishing sites, spam, etc).

If they're on some very affordable nodes and have the above issues, there's a good chance their DC's simply said 'you arent worth the time if you cant keep things in order'.

Best of luck to them and their affected customers in addressing this all.

Francisco

• Just Wabled by Incero nothing new but best of luck to Ryan

• i have one vps with them (LA)
    and got some down and the longest down was about 7 hours

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    If they are aware of the issue, that means they are working hard on it. Opening a ticket to ask them again will only increase their workload, which means you will need to wait longer for your server to be back up. Imagine another 200 tickets about the same issue.

Assuming they dont differ between Support Agents and dedicated technicans within their Team. If they would technicans could work perfectly fine even with the Support section being flooded.

• Is there any way to speak with Incero to get a copy of my files?

• @bordot said:
    Is there any way to speak with Incero to get a copy of my files?

You mean @Incero ?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

bordot said: Is there any way to speak with Incero to get a copy of my files?

edit: derp

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@bordot said:
    Is there any way to speak with Incero to get a copy of my files?

Have you ever heard the saying "like a lamb to the slaughter"?

Francisco

Thanked by 2doghouch Jacob
  • simonindia said: Just Wabled by Incero nothing new but best of luck to Ryan

Let's be fair here, Incero run a tight ship (despite Gordon's occasional rage burst) and Virtwire don't. On the balance of probability, which party are most likely to be the problem here?

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • what's the situation now? I have 2 with them in LA. anyone has update info?

• My server is down too. No announcement, No ticket answers (just closing), Bad support.

• My server is down too. No announcement

• Which locations are down for you guys?

• My VPSes are all up with them. (all ATL)

• Currently got services in DE, NL, LA and NC - everything up and running fine as usual.
    So yeah this sucks, but issues are exclusive to WA. ;)

• @MSPNick said:
    Which locations are down for you guys?

LA, down since over 90h.
    Who else want a refund?

• My (unusable, even when online) 4GB VPS at NL has been sporadically going offline for intervals ranging from 5min to over an hour, today.

Oh well, it's not like I am losing anything, as I couldn't host anything on the damn thing to begin with.

Thanked by 2Frecyboy maverickp
  • @K4Y5 same here.. NL been up n down today here too.

Thanked by 1Frecyboy