Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Should LowEndTalk be a community or a business? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

POLL: Should LowEndTalk be a community or a business?

124»

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler said: All that said I don't think the change of ownership was intended to turn this place into a commercial cess pool. The ads are limited, so I don't take extreme issue with them. But the overall provider count as active posts vs. the non providers is my big issue and apparent change that has occurred.

And I quote from LowEndAdmins last post:

Pass on the baton to the chosen one, to whoever is worthy, or just to the “people”, to the community. “Here is the key”, hmmm I mean the domain EPP code and my root password, take control and let the website be what it meant to be! Grow it, and continue to benefit to the el-cheapo hosting community!

I guess this might be the preferable outcome. However, whom should I pass the websites to? Who is willing to take up the responsibility? Many are willing to put up their hands I guess, but who would the community trust? A hosting company with lots of insider knowledge? A veteran leader who knows how to manage a community? A carefree college student who has lots of time on his hand? Hmmm. Probably not the last one.

Note how it's not talking about a business anywhere in that suggestion, and solely focuses on the community aspect.

• +1 @joepie91.

I remember that post. You are right on with your point. It's the community stupid.

LEA should have setup a member panel. A group of active participants who were not providers and looked upon with some favor.

Unsure why he went with who he did and the single point of failure.

• edited March 2013

^Are you concretely saying her farts don't smell like chocolate covered cherries !!?!?!?

How da heel would ya know dammit. a. You've never smelled em + b. You've never smelled em !!!

Messing around mainly ... like it, or leave it imo ... Isn't such a bad stance for real. Yes ... of course the owners of this domain are going to try to cash in on it ... kinda goes w/o saying, kinda like the world spins and isn't flat thingy centuries ago.

If they get obnoxious with it, the best contributors here will go elsewhere ? Just to be frank ... honestly not like I care if LET or LEB lives, nor dies for real. If these are the only sources for information on any such subject matter ... Someone isn't googling enough. :P

• LeeLee Veteran

@joepie91 said: Note how it's not talking about a business anywhere in that suggestion, and solely focuses on the community aspect.

Ok, well on that basis then let's say community and all agree, so what next?

• I want to ride an Ostrich to work everyday, but it's not going to happen, so I move on and try not to dwell on what could be or have been.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Microlinux said: I want to ride an Ostrich to work everyday, but it's not going to happen, so I move on and try not to dwell on what could be or have been.

See that's just being defeatist, if you want to ride that ostrich, make it happen!

• Microlinux ... LMAO !!! :P

Thanks for that ... think laughter is good medicine. Stopped in to see just how badly I'd embarrASSED myself ... Sighs. Ummm stuff about farts smelling like choc cov cherries *face palm. Mmmm random Mariah carey lust ... that one's ok me thinks ... errrr.

Hmmm ... note 2 self, this is one of many reasons you should avoid PWI ( posting while intoxicated.) If the guy who owns this place is making $600 friggin bucks/mnth for an ad here. Hopefully they aren't stupid enough to allow it to get crapped up. Wouldn't that be kinda like killing the goose that lays da golden eggs ?

Like the community here or at least the idea behind it. That's definitely why I joined, hoping some of the network admin skillz of all you nix server and network wizards might rub off on me a bit. No community imo = No reason to bother being here.