Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solusvm alternative? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solusvm alternative?

Comments

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@24x7servermanagement said:
    Recently we have been facing too many issues with solusvm on ovh based server. While adding additional ips on centos7 template the ips were not getting added. So after discussing with solusvm they had asked to use the onapp based centos template which worked fine. And the second issue was on centos 6 where secondary IPs were not getting ping. Finally had to add modify some files after discussing with the solusvm team.

Not really...just use OVH's bridgeIP guide with a pinch of common sense...

• @jh said:
    I heard they picked up HyperVM and tried to build on top of it.

We have to admit, the SolusVM started right away after death of HyperVM Owner

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

racksx said: after death of HyperVM Owner

Does the owner actually died?

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

@time4vps said:

I think it was suicide after the hacks.

Edit yup: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/09/lxlabs_funder_death/

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

What about Cloudmin?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@jh said:

Foul said: I've got a quite a few files decrypted, jesus the way they use syntaxs.

I heard they picked up HyperVM and tried to build on top of it.

If that's the case, that would be a license violation.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@jmginer said:
    What about Cloudmin?

You tell !

• My god, a backlink. Quick, get that out before the Internet collapses!

Thanked by 2DETio mikho
  • @BlazingServers said:

Recently we have been facing too many issues with solusvm on ovh based server. While adding additional ips on centos7 template the ips were not getting added. So after discussing with solusvm they had asked to use the onapp based centos template which worked fine. And the second issue was on centos 6 where secondary IPs were not getting ping. Finally had to add modify some files after discussing with the solusvm team.

Well if you have read my reply i never said the bridge was the issue. Bridge was infact working but It was with additional ips and solusvm guys managed to fix the template with centos7 and for centos6 asked to do some modifications to make sure the route-eth0 was being added properly.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@BlazingServers said:

Well if you have read my reply i never said the bridge was the issue. Bridge was infact working but It was with additional ips and solusvm guys managed to fix the template with centos7 and for centos6 asked to do some modifications to make sure the route-eth0 was being added properly.

Not bridge really...just create new ifcfg files like eth0:0, eth0:1, and then do ifup eth0:0, ifup eth0:1, and finally restart the network...all will be good to go...

• @BlazingServers said:

@BlazingServers said:

Not bridge really...just create new ifcfg files like eth0:0, eth0:1, and then do ifup eth0:0, ifup eth0:1, and finally restart the network...all will be good to go...

wrong when I had a server with SYS/OVH I had to do the exact thing he said(as I was told doing ifcfg files like eth0:0 is the absolute wrong way of doing it)

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited September 2016

AnthonySmith said: Passwords not to be stored in plain text

Are you serious?

@kt said:

@time4vps said:

I think it was suicide after the hacks.

Edit yup: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/09/lxlabs_funder_death/

Yeah, afraid it was. Sad, sad day in the history of the hosting industry. All presumably because of Rus Foster's inability to pick a proper password.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

mpkossen said: Are you serious?

Its OK, its not user passwords, it is system passwords and the response was that's just how it was designed but they are looking in to encrypting them.

As they are not working on or really supporting v1 and v2 is bullshitware I am not sure when or how exactly they plan to fix that though.

• I don't think I've ever seen anything so unclear in my life. I tried to figure out exactly what it is that you're offering at det(dot)io but I just gave up, leaving the site clueless as to what it was.

Maybe you should make clear what it is you're offering? Sure, I get that it is some type of SaaS-service but virtually nothing else, except that you can white label it. But what the heck am I white labelling? It isn't clear at all.

@DETio said:

@XIAOSpider97 said:

@DETio said:

Det.io: page not found

Was just updating it :-) Should work now.

AnthonySmith said: Its OK, its not user passwords, it is system passwords and the response was that's just how it was designed but they are looking in to encrypting them.

In that case, encryption isn't necessarily going to do any good. If somebody compromises the server that contains both the passwords and the encryption key for them... yeah.

• @k0nsl said:
    I don't think I've ever seen anything so unclear in my life. I tried to figure out exactly what it is that you're offering at det(dot)io but I just gave up, leaving the site clueless as to what it was.

Maybe you should make clear what it is you're offering? Sure, I get that it is some type of SaaS-service but virtually nothing else, except that you can white label it. But what the heck am I white labelling? It isn't clear at all.

@DETio said:

@XIAOSpider97 said:

@DETio said:

Det.io: page not found

Was just updating it :-) Should work now.

it is clear he is trying to use paying customers for free advertising his product like WHMCS does except WHMCS is established he isn't so that likely won't work lol.

• @k0nsl said:
    I don't think I've ever seen anything so unclear in my life. I tried to figure out exactly what it is that you're offering at det(dot)io but I just gave up, leaving the site clueless as to what it was.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback - yes the website is lacking and are currently under construction and will be updated in the following weeks.

You can find information about our product here:

http://virtengine.com & http://docs.virtengine.com

• time4vps said: Does the owner actually died?

Yes. Rus Foster/a2b2/vaserv was one of the large users of HyperVM. Someone got in to their nodes and deleted most(?) of the VMs. There were some suggestions that it might not have had anything to do with HyperVM. Anyway, Rus blamed a bug in HyperVM and the HyperVM owner and only serious developer hanged himself.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

@OnApp_Terry said:
    I know it doesn't answer the question of "When is Solus 2 coming?!" Trust me, I wish I could give you that information -- there is a goal date, and it is in 2016 -- but we don't want to tell you inaccurate information.

tic tac

Will have OpenVZ 7 ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

FYI,

Terry has stated they are doing price lock contracts with customers on WHT. There's some email you can contact and they'll supposedly handle it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul

Francisco said: FYI,

Terry has stated they are doing price lock contracts with customers on WHT. There's some email you can contact and they'll supposedly handle it.

Francisco

I have sent him 3 emails over the past 3 - 6 months, he has not responded to any of them, as far as I can tell they employed someone to update twitter with 'coming soon' every few months and that's about it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

Francisco

I have sent him 3 emails over the past 3 - 6 months, he has not responded to any of them, as far as I can tell they employed someone to update twitter with 'coming soon' every few months and that's about it.

Try [email protected]

I commented on the WHT thread about WHMCS bumping rates so if you want to add your 2 pence go for it.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Francisco

Try [email protected]

I commented on the WHT thread about WHMCS bumping rates so if you want to add your 2 pence go for it.

Francisco

yes that is who I have been emailing, he is also the one I was referring to as the full time twitter updater.

• @Foul said:

I stick with Virtualizor anyday now over Solus.

Thank you. We try hard to maintain our code and also write the least code to achieve the best results.

edited October 2016

@virtualizor said:

@Foul said:

I stick with Virtualizor anyday now over Solus.

Thank you. We try hard to maintain our code and also write the least code to achieve the best results.

Maybe if I make a list of the 100+ active unresolved issues and minor feature requests I have with solusvm that they are doing nothing about it would help you get better results.

Never thought I would say this but I might install virtualizor again.

• AnthonySmith said: Never thought I would say this but I might install virtualizor again.

I wish i didn't have to stick with Virtualizor but i left SolusVM has there was no feature additions and changing the ui for the clientside has achieved better results for me and the clientbase. Since SVM2 will never come out and virtualizor is always fixing bugs and etc constantly.

• @Foul said:

I wish i didn't have to stick with Virtualizor but i left SolusVM has there was no feature additions and changing the ui for the clientside has achieved better results for me and the clientbase. Since SVM2 will never come out and virtualizor is always fixing bugs and etc constantly.

If you have any suggestions for us, do email it to sales at virtualizor.com.
    I will make sure it gets top priority.

@AnthonySmith said:

Maybe if I make a list of the 100+ active unresolved issues and minor feature requests I have with solusvm that they are doing nothing about it would help you get better results.

Never thought I would say this but I might install virtualizor again.

And we would be glad to have you back. Your input has been valuable to us. And it will be in the future as a critic and hopefully a client as well :)

virtualizor said: and also write the least code to achieve the best results.

This is a good sign :)

Thanked by 1Four20
  • @AnthonySmith Maybe if @virtualizor starts hitting your issues and feature request SolusVM will feel threatened again and start development. Isn't that what happened last time?

tragic said: @AnthonySmith Maybe if @virtualizor starts hitting your issues and feature request SolusVM will feel threatened again and start development. Isn't that what happened last time?

Pretty much yeah, I wont even consider virtualizor again until they sort out the master<>slave situation though.

Thanked by 1Foul