Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nodedeploy UK is down. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nodedeploy UK is down.

13»

Comments

• @Jack said: @BradND doesn't think it is a provider.

I don't think someone would buy so big botnets to ddos providers for fun. UK providers seem to be effected the most, but certain locations besides UK also get hit from time to time.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Now this is a provider targeted, they attack websites and control panels, so, it is not a doubt, the provider itself is the target.
    It is not done for fun and i am not sure they use botnets, working with script kiddies might be a bad idea, one of them might sell that info to the target, so they probably use spoofed own boxed located in places where nobody cares and registered on fake names.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2013

Hey Guys -

I am not defending anyone's lack of communication. However, I believe it is important to mention that several UK providers that currently sell their services through LEB are being hit with large scale attacks. From accounts I have and information given here on LET I can tell you at least 5 of the larger UK LEB providers have been seeing attacks over the past week. I will not name them to prevent some idiot, which is in our community here, from continuing to use them as targets.

To all the customers and community members here with UK services, please understand that these providers are trying to offer you a low cost solution at a low profit margin, and in doing so, most are not paying for 10Gbit commits with the ability to tank tens of gigabit of useless data. You should at this point be understanding and know that the providers here value you as a customer and will likely make amends to you in service credit or otherwise once they are able to restore services. One thing you can take to the bank: The providers want the attacks to stop much much much more than you, as it is likely costing them lots of money to endure and many upset customers.

Until things return to normal, please leave your negative issues to the tickets between you and your provider. You may not think so, but this will help them resolve the issue faster as they will not have to compete with the negative press and repeating them selves here.

Cheers!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@TheLinuxBug said: Hey Guys -

I am not defending anyone's lack of communication. However, I believe it is important to mention that several UK providers that currently sell their services through LEB are being hit with large scale attacks. From accounts I have and information given here on LET I can tell you at least 5 of the larger UK LEB providers have been seeing attacks over the past week. I will not name them to prevent some idiot, which is in our community here, from continuing to use them as targets.

To all the customers and community members here with UK services, please understand that these providers are trying to offer you a low cost solution at a low profit margin, and in doing so, most are not paying for 10Gbit commits with the ability to tank tens of gigabit of useless data. You should at this point be understanding and know that the providers here value you as a customer and will likely make amends to you in service credit or otherwise once they are able to restore services. One thing you can take to the bank is: The providers want the attacks to stop much much much more than you as it is likely costing them lots of money to endure and many upset customers.

Until things return to normal, please leave your negative issues to the tickets between you and your provider. You may not think so, but this will help them resolve the issue faster as they will not have to compete with the negative press and repeating them selves here.

Cheers!

+1, very well said.

• Thanks for all the support guys! It's whats making this at least a little bearable.

I appreciate we may be a little slow with tickets, but the desk gets flooded with 100+ people asking about the downtime, pushing more critical tickets down. We're a 3 man team and having over 100 tickets submitted does slow us down considerably, we'll work on a policy to speed this up.

• OllieOllie Member

@TheLinuxBug Well said :)

• Sounds like need a group send function...

• @Maounique said: @TheLinuxBug said: Hey Guys -

To all the customers and community members here with UK services, please understand that these providers are trying to offer you a low cost solution at a low profit margin, and in doing so, most are not paying for 10Gbit commits with the ability to tank tens of gigabit of useless data. You should at this point be understanding and know that the providers here value you as a customer and will likely make amends to you in service credit or otherwise once they are able to restore services. One thing you can take to the bank is: The providers want the attacks to stop much much much more than you as it is likely costing them lots of money to endure and many upset customers.

Cheers!

+1, very well said.

+1 from me as well.