Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nodedeploy UK is down. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nodedeploy UK is down.

Comments

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

Not yet, we are still proceeding with charge back for following months charge and this is being done slowly with our bank manager and solicitor I've taken for Web Phase Limited.

Interesting ... @Patrick when you chargeback your DC is perfectly ok BUT when a customer chargeback to get refund of his outstanding account balance BECAUSE you changed service Terms, move to another country, have one week outage, etc you just terminate and steal their money. Another great review for StormVZ :)

I am pretty sure NodeDeploy will face the challenge and make good for their customers in contrast with Mr Patrick StormVZ who screwed his UK customers and his DataCenter vendor

Best of luck @PhilND, @BradND, @BenND

• BradND
    There was no email sent to me. Just try and make sure that you have a decent mailing list that you will use to communicate to your customers.
    Without us your going nowhere......

• @golden419 We've been running around all day fighting stuff off, we're now battling other stuff. I've been answering my personal email all day (bradley@nd) maybe no so much the ticket desk but I have read everything.

Once stuff calms down a bit and we've collected ourselves we can figure out what is what.

PS: guys forgive me for being a bit blunt... I'm shattered.

• prae5prae5 Member

@golden419 thats the point, they aren't email customers.

And it seems from their comments, they are migrating UK customers to their German location.

• @prae5

The reason we are not sending too many updates is because whenever an update is posted (And even emailed) the ddos starts again, we mention migrating to Germany and all of a sudden half our Germany servers start receiving flood.

• BradND
    Please it will be much better if we get the info on time. I know you guys are busy trying to fix it.
    But a simple email will be ok. We the customers are loosing money and time too and that goes to tell you why we are mad about the outage.
    @prae5 Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it will be dealt with.

Although no specific time frame.

• BitProcessorBitProcessor Member
    edited March 2013

The negative stuff:
    @prae5 I mailed them about that compensation for the first big outage, never got an answer... that's sad, saying there will be something, next ignoring mails about the subject... True
    -1 for NodeDeploy

In general: I'm not that pleased with their 'issue'-communication neither, and made this clear to them the last time. They should really email affected customers, without the need for the customer to first have to open a ticket to say the service is down. I have better things to do then following twitter all day ;) True, there is the status page... should have looked before opening a ticket... Still, I think a simple mail would have been nice.
    -1 for NodeDeploy

The positive stuff:
    their service in general is GREAT and I strongly believe they are currently working their asses of to move everybody away from the UK.
    +1 for NodeDeploy

their general communication in emails is more than OK, not the average "you are the customer and don't know shit", which you get A LOT...
    And that for me is a big +5 for NodeDeploy.

So, am I pleased with NodeDeploy: YES
    Do I believe the choice to move away from the UK is a good one: YES - If DoS protection is better in their DE colo, which they claim, and I believe - otherwise its useless.

Don't forget to always take in account what you actually PAY for the service...
    Taken THAT into account, I'm very pleased with NodeDeploy, and I wonder how they keep performance rock-sollid with those prises...

There, just my 2 cents - shoot to kill if you wish ;-)

• @BitProcessor

Not sure what happened there, everyone that opened a ticket for compensation got it, sometimes mails are missed.

• @BenND
    I've mailed Phil & Bradley about it, February 11th, 2013 ; 16h28 CET

should I put it in a ticket ?

• prae5prae5 Member

I also emailed and never got a response.

• @prae5 and now it's double trouble ;)

• EMAIL SUCKS.

Folks need to put everything in ticketing. Even if provider accepts emails into ticketing, it isn't guaranteed things will arrive and work.

Balls get dropped when blow ups happen. Do your followup buyers. Don't expect anything is magically coming your way.

• @BitProcessor Yea, submit a ticket and it will deffinatly get sorted.

• OllieOllie Member

This is truly sad that someone did this. At the same time, I used to use Node Deploy for a long time but in the end DDoS kept on happening. I hope sometime Node Deploy will stop receiving DDoS and I can move back to them.

• Good luck @Ollie.

Seems like a bunch of providers are into DDoS warfare to eliminate competition.

• Good luck @PhilND, @BradND, @BenND! Hope this crap stops soon for you guys. You don't deserve this.

• @mpkossen said: Good luck @PhilND, @BradND, @BenND! Hope this crap stops soon for you guys. You don't deserve this.

+9001

• OllieOllie Member

@PubCrawler It makes me sad though that providers do this. They are just scum.

• OllieOllie Member

The people attacking that is.

• Agree @Ollie.

Sadly, it really seems clear the providers are attacking each other.

I'd love to see one or more of them get caught/busted doing such. Would put a big stop or at least a timeout in this sort of activity.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited March 2013

--- Iz deleted this out of respect for the participants ---

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@Jack said: @Ollie @BradND doesn't think it is a provider.

removed

• But seriously, considering all the UK attacks that have been going on for months, hasn't anyone started working together to piece this problem into a solution? Nature of DDoS is problematic. But there are events, times, commenters, etc. to start tracking when problems show up.

I dumped one UK provider over this already. Have one now, but haven't been monitoring the uptime and such like I should. Probably kicking me in the gut too as an end customer.

Then again, getting plenty of this DDoS in Kansas City over the past month and some other locations too. Nowhere seems safe lately.

• If we could find out who did this and have proof of it, we'd definitely look into perusing some kind of action.

• +1 for the action. Legal action or my old favorite, a visit to a dorks front door. Oh yeah, been there and done that.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The affected providers should start polling together resources.
    Cross-reference IP lists, avenues of attacks, multihomed ones will be able to have an idea and bother the carriers until they find the source.

• @Maounique

The only IP we have managed to get so far is a ecatel IP. However, sent in an abuse report - ignored. Surprise.

• ecatel ignored? No surprise there.

Unsure of ecatels size and customer base, but if it continues, I'd be working to ban their ips in mass.

We need more provider/upstream bans of bad networks.

• IshaqIshaq Member

I still don't understand why UK is a target.

• High b/w costs maybe. Or just a competitor looking after their territory.