Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nodedeploy UK is down.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nodedeploy UK is down.

golden419golden419 Member
edited March 2013 in General

Since last night my openvz server is down. I submitted a ticket and no reply till now.
Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• I see they have special offers on LEB today. Plus they "Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy" thread yesterday.

Perhaps they are getting DDoS/attacked. Seems to be formula when hitting LEB frontpage.

• Hi @Golden419

Please see our status page -> here http://status.nodedeploy.com/status/listissues

Seems the attack from November that was affecting various other hosts has resurfaced.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BradND said: Seems the attack from November that was affecting various other hosts has resurfaced.

I don't think they ever went away, StormVZ were under constant attack in the UK earlier this year until they moved out to NL.

• StormVZ was kicked out of the DC by RS.

• hey nodedeploy, why you wont write to police? you see? whos specially destroy your bunisess in London.

• The website of the other UK host listed above ND on the LEB front page is also not responding.

• @GetKVM_ASH yeah, we had to move ours to CNServers, I fear for LEB..

• Assh*le children and the DDoS attacks.

You providers who post here truly need to deal with upstream provider and their providers to answer pre-sales questions about attack mitigation before signing contracts.

Too many facilities deal with the attacks horribly.

Then again, exposing your facility, IP's, etc. as part of the sales process in this community is very problematic. But hiding such is just a temporary hurdle for real attackers.

• @neqste said: hey nodedeploy, why you wont write to police? you see? whos specially destroy your bunisess in London.

Because they won't care unless your bank, financial or government institute.

• Well its a pity that some people go at length to make other peoples business very unsuccessful.
    Its a pity we live in an era of no conscience or regard for others.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@BradND Beware, RS changed there TOS right after they kicked us stating they will pass on DDoS overages (even after they null route) to clients since they don't block at upstream the bandwidth cost will and can go into thousands.

Under heading "INDEMNITY" (Last line (V))
    https://myservers.rapidswitch.com/Terms.aspx

Cached terms from January 27th without that line:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20130127110835/https://myservers.rapidswitch.com/Terms.aspx

• Why they don't just bgp nullroute at upstreams?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

My assumption is there is a UK host that is trying to kill the competition.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@Jack said: They still tank the bill though, it's a blackhole at the edge.

Yeah they did that for us, he then changed TOS when I threatened chargeback because they charged our card for following month when he forced us to leave and added that line stating they'll pass those ddos overages to you(clients) which you have to legally pay now which in our instance could have been over "£10k" according to Neil.

Though they respond oddly when I queried the immediate TOS change

• @apollo15 said: Why they don't just bgp nullroute at upstreams?

>

They won't do it.

• @Patrick said: Yeah they did that for us, he then changed TOS when I threatened chargeback because they charged our card for following month when he forced us to leave and added that line stating they'll pass those ddos overages to you(clients) which you have to legally pay now which in our instance could have been over "£10k" according to Neil.

Though they respond oddly when I queried the immediate TOS change

ToS changes needs 30 days to affect, they are comitting a crime by not announcing the change.

If they actually billed you £10k, they could shutdown when you get a decent lawyer

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@BronzeByte said: If they actually billed you £10k, they could shutdown when you get a decent lawyer

Not yet, we are still proceeding with charge back for following months charge and this is being done slowly with our bank manager and solicitor I've taken for Web Phase Limited.

@Jack said: Didn't you post a graph of 13Gbit or something?

Yes it wasn't 24x7, it was few hours and such it peaked that much but probably not for long.

That cost isn't to them, they obviously get it a lot cheaper since it's aim is profit of course

• prae5prae5 Member

Is a shame for NodeDeploy, but as a customer I do feel let down by them as they have not learnt from their previous mistakes. Their communication to customers in January was appalling, they did not notify customers or give regular updates. After the fact they said in the future, they would communicate better with customers should similar issues arise.

I have had no emails from them indicating they having any issues, which is just unacceptable for a 6+ hour outage.

Likewise we were promised some form of compensation for the original outage, but again this never materialised.

I lost a number of customers in January due to the outages, since then I've moved everything away and just use it for test sites / dev deployments. As good as the service is, I couldn't really recommend them for a production environment - the lack of communication lets them down which is a shame given the good performance.

• @patrick said: Not yet, we are still proceeding with charge back for following months charge and this is being done slowly with our bank manager and solicitor I've taken for Web Phase Limited.

ToS fraud and not nullrouting ddos and then billing you for it, that would be a fun court case

• @prae5 It's communicated via twitter and the status page, people simply do not read the emails that are sent out, right now there is nothing other than we're waiting on new hardware to start migrations to germany.

http://status.nodedeploy.com/status/listissues

• prae5prae5 Member

@BradND

Sorry, but as a customer I cannot agree with you. Twitter and a status page is not good enough.

I pay for a service, if its not working I expect the host to communicate this to me by email. If I chose not to read it, thats my choice. I shouldn't have to constantly check your twitter feed and status page.

Likewise for migrations, its the first I've heard of it.

• @prae5 said "Sorry, but as a customer I cannot agree with you. Twitter and a status page is not good enough."

In the case of these UK DDoS attacks it would probably be a good idea for providers to publicly divulge as little information about the attack as possible until they get the attack under control because the attacker seems to monitor all public status update postings (LET, FB, Twitter, etc) and adjust the intensity of their attack based on the status postings.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@DomainBop said: In the case of these UK DDoS attacks it would probably be a good idea for providers to publicly divulge as little information about the attack as possible until they get the attack under control because the attacker seems to monitor all public status update postings (LET, FB, Twitter, etc) and adjust the intensity of their attack based on the status postings.

Yes we noticed when tweeted everything under control everything came back down few hours later, we then just emailed customers through SolusVM emails since you can select nodes. Emails were sent out to over few hundred customers in seconds, and 99% delivered in inbox as we use Mandrill as outgoing SMTP.

Emails is the best way also having a status page is nice though i'd advise it to be integrated to WHMCS for customers logged in only.

Best of luck @BradND

• the VPS Cpanel is not accessible right now.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@BradND This attitude is the reason nobody voted for you, now you get it?

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited March 2013

@LAKid I see alot of votes in that thread :(

• hey guys stop. DDOS - is most shit what can happened.
    nodedeploy - good, but need to think, and find problem.
    Maby, need pay some money for find DDoS attackers to safe great britan business.
    Anyway, all germany - great.

• grabs popcorn and a oil drum of popcorn butter

This looks interesting...

• melfymelfy Member

@shovenose said: My assumption is there is a UK host that is trying to kill the competition.

That's exactly what is happening, but how many LEB hosts are left in UK to ward off competition, obviously they know Rapid Switch will get rid of competition for them

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited March 2013

@Shane_Elmore said: grabs popcorn and a oil drum of popcorn butter

please just go away lol