Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to End Of Reality? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to End Of Reality?

Comments

• so the reality is going to end.

• @Mon5t3r said: so the reality is going to end.

actually, it might begin instead of ending

• +1 for whatever chief wants.

There's clearly some 'bad blood' or 'history' or 'issue' or 'magical ear-wax flavoured jelly beans' at work here.

But hey, if LEB/T has banned, removed, sanctioned, opted out of being involved with EoR and Robby, then so be it, huh? Aslong as these 'situations' don't start affecting companies that are regular posters, then it's safe.

I have noticed however, some people have less activity than others recently, an influx of new users and not many of the mid 12' lot running around.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@eastonch said: Aslong as these 'situations' don't start affecting companies that are regular posters, then it's safe.

So it's ok as long as it's not one of the regular old companies around here? I guess it's ok if they remove SwiftVM then.

Surely you didn't mean it that way ;)

• @jarland

Ahhh.... Right, I see where that was mis interpreted ;). Aslong as admin != remove w/o reason.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@eastonch said: But hey, if LEB/T has banned, removed, sanctioned, opted out of being involved with EoR and Robby, then so be it, huh?

Yes, so be it. But then let's not call LEB/T a community. For some reason most of the people here think it is.

@eastonch said: Aslong as these 'situations' don't start affecting companies that are regular posters, then it's safe.

Without knowing what happened to End of Reality, we can't know that. I think that's what's it all about: people asking themselves if they are next, or what kind of offers are we going to see in the future?

Nobody really cares that much about End of Reality

• @vedran

Every community shuns people. However, generally, there's some talk about it before it actually happens.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@eastonch said: Every community shuns people. However, generally, there's some talk about it before it actually happens.

Or at the very least, public acknowledgment.

• LeeLee Veteran

So is it the suggestion that because LET/LEB is really owned by CC who also own CVPS that when EOR pulled out of their DC that CC spat their dummy out across the room and had their ad pulled?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@W1V_Lee said: So is it the suggestion that because LET/LEB is really owned by CC who also own CVPS that when EOR pulled out of their DC that CC spat their dummy out across the room and had their ad pulled?

That is currently the most plausible explanation, yes.

• I'll just say that if @Chief knows that there is something fishy about EOR then i'd expect him to tell/warn us immediately

• edited March 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said: I'll just say that if @Chief knows that there is something fishy about EOR then i'd expect him to tell/warn us immediately

I agree. I feel that if he had suspicion of anything 'sketchy' on their behalf, he'd feel half inclined to 'warn' the community that probably pays some of his bills. Thats why I don't think it was any wrong doing on behalf of EOR, because if there was something up that justified pulling their ad it's likely something the community would/should/needs to know about.

Just my $0.02

inb4 close: http://vpsboard.com is a work in progress =]

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think LET is a community, dont spoil this for me, please @vedran !
    LEB, no, that is different. Some offers reviewed by consumers and peers.

• @Liam I was told it was ready and then never posted 2 months in a row. Gave up at that point.

• +1 for 24khost posting a LEB offer. Get it while the skillet is hot.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited March 2013

I just contacted End of Reality directly. Hopefully they'll shed some light on the matter.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Maounique said: I think LET is a community, dont spoil this for me, please @vedran !

It used to be, and I still hope it is. Better?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@vedran said: Better?

• @vedran said: Nobody really cares that much about End of Reality

Of course we do. EOReality is, based on several measures during the last six months, one of my best VPS providers in the US.

• Will put one together later tonight

• Our spring sprang sprung offer has been submitted

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@pubcrawler said: Also, want to THANK @LIam. He appears to be the one man publishing team for LEB lately. The offer mix is much better. Not thrilled with the offers (prefer what I find on free-form offers on here lately) --- but that is what the providers send in.

Pretty much, most of the posts are Liam. I am trying to put my foot down a little and help out, but with exams looming etc., and other commitments it's quite hard to find the time and motivation. That aside, we are trying to change up the mix, and give space for the better offers and providers.

• Ooh crap just left the house and realized sprung is six months

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited March 2013

Let's keep this about EOR and keep it in @Chief 's face.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited March 2013

Yes would be nice to know, but when is it a privacy concern. Where does the right of privilege start and the right of privacy meet.

• @DStrout said: Let's keep this about EOR and keep it in @Chief 's face.

I hope @Chief replies soon. I would really now like to know the true reason for the sudden exile of EOR.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I've volunteered to help write submitted offers for LEB because I'm under the impression the two people that post stuff are overloaded.
    But, every time, I'm entirely ignored.

• @shovenose said: But, every time, I'm entirely ignored.

:D

• @shovenose said: I've volunteered to help write submitted offers for LEB because I'm under the impression the two people that post stuff are overloaded.

But, every time, I'm entirely ignored.

I guess since you are a host they would be reluctant to have you writing about other hosts on their website. It is probably just to ensure it is unbiased.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Also wondering what's up, End of Reality is one of my favorite providers and it's wrong that their posts are disappearing without any explanation. LEB/LET will lose popularity if it doesn't remain transparent/neutral.

This discussion has been closed.