Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to End Of Reality?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to End Of Reality?

alterarchalterarch Member
edited March 2013 in Providers

I saw this come up on the cest pit but since not everyone reads it, I was looking to see if anyone else knows what happened? It seems that End Of Reality's post on lowendbox.com was deleted, unlike the usual bar at the top stating what happened above the old offer. It also seems that their activity in low end talk has also ceased. As an existing customer approaching the next renewal, I would be interested to know if it is a fault of the provider or just some small difference in opinions somewhere?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

This thread will probably be deleted, but @Chief has the answer and he isn't telling us. Hopefully when he eventually does, it'll make since why he didn't for a while. Don't stop asking though. As frequent readers and shoppers of LEB, and given that the ads generate revenue above the costs of running LEB, I'd say we do actually have a reasonable claim to the answer to this question.

• SPSP Member

All my servers are still up and running, though none of them are production any longer. Haven't gotten any customer-related emails or anything stating there is a problem.

Maybe they have been doing really well and are planning something big? Robby has always answered my questions right away, and seems like a nice guy. Hope this is the case, and not the alternative.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited March 2013

I guess this thread will just be closed without explanation just like the other thread.
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8780/vanishing-leb-offer

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Sperryman said: All my servers are still up and running, though none of them are production any longer. Haven't gotten any customer-related emails or anything stating there is a problem.

Maybe they have been doing really well and are planning something big? Robby has always answered my questions right away, and seems like a nice guy. Hope this is the case, and not the alternative.

It's not a problem with EOR's service that's the topic, it's the question of why their ads have been pulled from LEB and Rob's LET account banned.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am also curious about this.

• krokro Member

Me too, I vote transparency

• +1 for transparency

• CoreyCorey Member

+1 transparency

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

sure why not +1 transparency

• dnwkdnwk Member

sounds like a money dispute....

• dnwkdnwk Member

@alterarch why not create a ticket and ask Rob

• @dnwk said: @alterarch why not create a ticket and ask Rob

He doesn't know either.

edited March 2013

Pretty sure Liam said Robby should know. If its because of something he doesn't want known he wouldn't say.

Not that I've accepted a conclusion. I trust Liam though.

• I think if @Chief and @Liam are not telling us, they are doing that for a reason, and I am sure the reason is not because of the advertising payments but probably something else that they notice is fishy but have nothing concrete yet. After all, with or without EOR, LEB/LET is here to stay with high advertising revenues :)

But if I have a server with them, I don't think I'd renew now.

edited March 2013

If you're a client of end of reality, don't let this make you question your service. Judge it for what it is and not this particular event. This is most likely something more personal and not related to service quality. What indication do we have that @Joel is policing the LEB ads for providers that aren't up to par? Rather, I'd suggest that this is between Robby and Joel on a more basic level. Certainly I still stand for a call for all of us to keep asking, because collectively we have a value in dollar signs and we deserve some transparency. However, I wouldn't let this effect your services.

• dnwkdnwk Member

It makes me think of "extort". Probably by third party

• NightNight Member

@Jack said: I just find it funny they get deleted after they move out of Colocrossing.

It's all one big conspiracy, and the non-transparency makes it evident.

I think the lack of transparency created the conspiracy idea.
    If Chief would come up and say what is wrong or not, ppl would trust him, not saying anything is the worst case scenario and will keep getting worse as time goes by.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Honestly, this is getting worrying.

We've had a few of these kind of situations now. Something that's working against Colocrossing or ChicagoVPS in some way, mysteriously gets removed/closed/hidden/etc., a real explanation never appears, but each time there's a plausible explanation that shows a likely relationship between CC and LEB/LET.

I am normally not a fan of "where there's smoke..." kind of reasoning, but it's starting to get out of hand, and there has been a disproportional amount of smoke cases related to Colocrossing/ChicagoVPS by now.

@Chief, I suggest you start being open and transparent about what's going on on LET and LEB, because things are starting to stink more by the day. "Limited internet access" is also not really an excuse - clearly you had enough internet access to delete a post, so you might as well have written an explanation. And let's not forget that all the other things in the LET todo list (thanks button?) are also still unfinished and blatantly ignored by you.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Good luck on getting an explanation from Chief.

A snowcone surviving in hell has better odds.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Paging WikiLeaks...

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited March 2013

I too would love some transparency from those in charge. I've been an (active) member here for only a few months, but from what I've seen, a few of the things that originally look like transparent glass turn out to be mirrors, and no one knows what's behind them. Chief hasn't been very forthcoming about certain things, and that's really too bad. ColoCrossing might (and I've tried to stay out of this debate, so I'm being careful here) have something to do with it, and if that's the case it's unfortunate that one company can have so much control over what should be a valuable resource that doesn't exclude anybody.

All that said, this site is still and will remain a valuable place for people to discuss LowEndBoxes in general. Even if you can't 100% trust Chief and associates to post all good offers without bias, it still has to be worth that to you. Yes, I wish it were otherwise, and sometimes it makes me wish there were a more open community, but there's not. There will always be smoke and mirror deployments wherever you go.

Incidentally, I've been working on an alternative to the thanks button, but we'll see how that works out.

• CoreyCorey Member

@DStrout said: I too would love some transparency from those in charge. I've been an (active) member here for only a few months, but from what I've seen, a few of the things that originally look like transparent glass turn out to be mirrors, and no one knows what's behind them. Chief hasn't been very forthcoming about certain things, and that's really too bad. ColoCrossing might (and I've tried to stay out of this debate, so I'm being careful here) have something to do with it, and if that's the case it's unfortunate that one company can have so much control over what should be a valuable resource that doesn't exclude anybody.

All that said, this site is still and will remain a valuable place for people to discuss LowEndBoxes in general. Even if you can't 100% trust Chief and associates to post all good offers without bias, it still has to be worth that to you. Yes, I wish it were otherwise, and sometimes it makes me wish there were a more open community, but there's not. There will always be smoke and mirror deployments wherever you go.

Incidentally, I've been working on an alternative to the thanks button, but we'll see how that works out.

Someone already submitted a fix for the vulnerability in the thanks button.

• Imagine this, a provider slighting from LEB/LET for a provider that ran from CC's network...

This site is so heavy on CC provider ads it long ago became a joke. Love when providers like 24khost say they submit offers but are never approved. Shows the bias towards CC offers.

It has LONG been the belief that EOR was a front company for CC/CVPS. Now? Who knows.

No transparency on this site. If CC doesn't own LEB/LET they sure have Chief's personal number and have him rubber stamp what their folks submit. He usually reappears when it's time to push their offers.

As bad as WHT is, at least they don't have "sponsors" controlling the site and massively pushing their customers disproportionately.

• We really do need some transparency on here. We can't even get a reasonable answer about a simply thing.

• @pubcrawler thanks. it is a bit odd. but we just gave up. Also email me, I am still trying to get sshfs working but not sure what is going on. I will look at it more tomorrow night and get that fixed for you.

@pubcrawler said: No transparency on this site. If CC doesn't own LEB/LET they sure have Chief's personal number and have him rubber stamp what their folks submit. He usually reappears when it's time to push their offers.

Monkey wrench though, I'd been saying that equally as loud and if my offers get posted, I think that speaks against the theory that they have a hand in the content.

I also dont see Liam sorting offers on strange criteria, if anything, too many low quality ones get posted, but that was always the case, the members comments are making the difference as always.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited March 2013

PS: I see the value in this site. Enjoy the site conceptually. There are some good people here.

Management needs to clear up the obvious issues with relationships and public perceptions. Banning and blocking naysayers only makes that worse. So keep your ban hammer away from my account.

Also, want to THANK @LIam. He appears to be the one man publishing team for LEB lately. The offer mix is much better. Not thrilled with the offers (prefer what I find on free-form offers on here lately) --- but that is what the providers send in.

• KrisKris Member

@pubcrawler said: Management needs to clear up the obvious issues with relationships and public perceptions. Banning and blocking naysayers only makes that worse. So keep your ban hammer away from my account.

Agreed. Plus Liam seems to be the one man team. Tried to offer submitting content / helping here in any way a few months back when I saw some useful content on the LEB front page, mail was passed on to Chief, he didn't even bother replying.

His actions & post history says a lot.

This discussion has been closed.