Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS ends distributor program - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS ends distributor program

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@raindog308 said: That blows...was paying $4.25 a month through KnownHost. Jumping to $16/mo is not funny.

I heard resellers (internal) has not had the programme ceased as HostDime and others no nothing about the issue when I asked them and it appears to be external distributors only.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2013

This makes me think back to the whole LicenseCube issue. I wonder if WHMCS wanted them gone as they knew this was coming eventually anyway..

Who knows, this is a strange business decision regardless. All the company's involved are going to take a massive hit.

• jhjh Member

@GetKVM_Ash said: Who knows, this is a strange business decision regardless. All the company's involved are going to take a massive hit.

Except WHMCS

• RyanDRyanD Member

@OttoYiu said: Was that client using PayPal Payments Pro as a merchant account?

Yes, that client was.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Well, the DIstributors might be a goner but they are not cancelling the Authorized WHMCS Reseller program for hosts, so that's good.

• WHMCS responds to my frustration about their stupidity with the following:

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you are frustrated by the changes being made.

When you buy a license from a reseller you have all these disadvantages.

1. You would get lower priority support
    2. You would not have access to our client area for the purpose of software downloads/upgrades
    3. You would not get access to the free Enom/ResellerClub & MaxMind accounts we give to clients.
    4. You would not be entitled to have a second free license for development
    5. You would not be allowed to become a WHMCS licensed reseller yourself
    6. You would need to submit any license requests, changes and billing issues to your reseller and that may take longer to process.

By having a licence directly with WHMCS you would be entitled to all of the above.

Warm Regards,

Carl

WHMCS Support

This is just plain wrong there is no two ways about it. You don't make one giant problem and then cause yet another set of problems within a short period of time.

I think they are missing the main point of how they are treating their paying customers like numbers.

• That's funny, i get direct access to the WHMCS client portal via BuycPanel.

@GetKVM_Ash I get it too, even back when I got my licenses from LicensePal.
    This was @cbanks original message to WHMCS:

OK let me get this straight... First you screw up many updates, break

all of our modules and installations, now you decide to just cancel the
    distributor program (license pal in my case) who I thoroughly enjoyed
    working with, now raise my price by 25 percent for the same buggy
    software. This is ridiculous... I need a good reason to keep using this
    software and right now you can not provide one so the only way i will
    keep my license is either the same price for all licenses i have or get
    in the future get billed at my license pal pricing or i get a owned
    license 50 percent off. I have spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars
    to this system and all i get is treated like another number. I am
    seriously considering hostbill or another solution if this damage WHMCS
    has caused is not repaired.
    Sincerely,
    Really Pissed off customer who has been treated like trash, - Chris

• @GetKVM_Ash said: That's funny, i get direct access to the WHMCS client portal via BuycPanel.

You get direct access with LicensePal too.

• WHMCS has a fast support now. May be centralizing is the key.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

Fast, may be an over exaggeration.

They're snails...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@cbanks said: You would get lower priority support

You would not have access to our client area for the purpose of software downloads/upgrades
    You would not get access to the free Enom/ResellerClub & MaxMind accounts we give to clients.
    You would not be entitled to have a second free license for development
    You would not be allowed to become a WHMCS licensed reseller yourself
    You would need to submit any license requests, changes and billing issues to your reseller and that may take longer to process.

Out of all that, the only significant thing is perhaps MaxMind, which is only $5/month to start. Enom resellers will give you free accounts.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@raindog308 said: Enom resellers will give you free accounts.

LicensePal also offered it where I believe most people are/were at.

@raindog308 said: the only significant thing is perhaps MaxMind, which is only $5/month to start.

Doesn't take a genius to google "maxmind whmcs", the link to the promo sign up is there...near bottom results

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Patrick said: Doesn't take a genius to google "maxmind whmcs", the link to the promo sign up is there...near bottom results

I know - they put their DemoWolf promo code on whmcs.com - nothing to stop anyone from using that.

• @William said: you can take the cash from customers and get 5%+ interest from it from nearly any bank

Which ANY bank is this? Cyprus is the only Eurozone area I know offering 5% and look how they're doing.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Doesnt have to be eurozone :)
    I am getting 6.5 here from the bank while local currency strenghtened against the Euro in the last 6 months.

• @Maounique said: local ALL currency strenghtened against the Euro

FTFY

• marcmmarcm Member

Good thing I bought a owned WHMCS license last year for our little hosting business. I have the strange feeling that the price for WHMCS will go up, just like HostBill's price went up.

• CoreyCorey Member

@marcm said: Good thing I bought a owned WHMCS license last year for our little hosting business. I have the strange feeling that the price for WHMCS will go up, just like HostBill's price went up.

Ditto.

• @cbanks said: You would get lower priority support

You would not have access to our client area for the purpose of software downloads/upgrades
    You would not get access to the free Enom/ResellerClub & MaxMind accounts we give to clients.
    You would not be entitled to have a second free license for development
    You would not be allowed to become a WHMCS licensed reseller yourself
    You would need to submit any license requests, changes and billing issues to your reseller and that may take longer to process.

Sounds like a bad excuse for not giving the actual reason for pulling this move. I feel sorry for Jay. He's been doing this for years and was probably one of their larger resellers. This is how WHMCS says thanks to people that helped them grow.

cPanel takes over, apparently. I'm kind of starting hope they both go to pieces soon. They're like to de-facto standard right now (like CVS was a long time ago). Let's just hope they go down the same road ;)

• I am waiting for WHMCSs accounts to be filed for 2012. From 2011's unless something has gone majorly wrong in the past 12 months they where doing pretty well with a lot of cash in the bank.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Some things have been going wrong, it remains to be seen if wrong enough to make a serious dent.

• JacobJacob Member

LP still charged my card this month, so unsure when they're all going to expire.

• Wow WHMCS is getting worse and worse as the days go by.... Now they are not even responding to my ticket... This is a sad excuse for a company.

edited March 2013

I agree! They haven't replied to my tickets either.

• @mpkossen i think they are running themselves into the ground then then covering it with asphalt to make a smooth road for what ever comes next.

• @Jacob said: LP still charged my card this month, so unsure when they're all going to expire.

The licenses won't expire, WHMCS will just begin billing you directly from May. They've just given customers the option to switch early to ease their way in.

Feel free to submit a ticket to us if there any further questions.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

Buy a owned license to be on the safe side, which is what I'm going to do and should of done a long time ago.

But reading over what the LicensePal website says it will just be the normal WHMCS pricing, no mention of a increase.

@Jack said: @AD_Jay Will there be a price increase or will it stay the same?

• alexalex Member

what if you have a license with your reseller account (i.e. from the hosting company)?

• @alex said: what if you have a license with your reseller account (i.e. from the hosting company)?

They are not affected.