Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5GB weapon of mass destruction released at the 7$ land. VPS vendors run for shelter ...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5GB weapon of mass destruction released at the 7$ land. VPS vendors run for shelter ...

goexodusgoexodus Member
edited March 2013 in General
                     ** ... dive dive dive ... **

In case you missed the news from OVerZold (prometeus).

The Roman Empire attacks again and 3GB offers are now history ...

Comments

• sorry mate. Tried to rephrase as a wow statement :)

• Spring Break hosts?

• @goexodus said: That is what i call a weapon of mass competition destruction by OVerZold (prometeus). Thank god i am not in that business ...

Not really. DireVPS has double disk space at 100gb. Overzold only has 50gb.

• ZettaZetta Member

@MannDude said: Spring Break hosts?

You dare sully the name of Prometeus with your slander?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Jack said: @CVPS_Chris matching?

Nah doing too good at what we are doing now. For once I can admit when 5GB is unsustainable, and that just is and is a sales ploy to get their name out there. Good for them, hope it goes well. For how long Im not sure

• @Jack They are now doing 3GB from the ads on the right. Link is here: https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

is a sales ploy to get their name out there. Good for them ...

KVM and again KVM thank God to nodedeploy gang of three.

hmm ... Let me think 5GB mem ... maybe install QEMU kernel, re-brand them as 5X 1GB KVMs and sells them for 1.99999$ a pop

... kidding ...

• @goexodus said: KVM thank God to nodedeploy gang of three.

Haha. ;)

edited March 2013

Haha. ;)

Marketing ... black humor ...

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

First person who finds my last offer on LET and orders my $7 VPS will get bumped to 5GB RAM (-vSwap). Just open a ticket after the fact to get it.

• ^^^
    Don't touching with a ten mile pole...

• @yomero said: Don't touching with a ten mile pole...

The performance wasn't too bad in OVH BHS. I'm just sad that they cut that location, since there are relatively few providers there.

@ihatetonyy performance absolutely sucked in OVH BHS. But we're super duper happy with performance on San Diego, CA, nodes :)

edited March 2013

performance absolutely sucked in OVH BHS. But we're super duper happy with > > > > performance on San Diego, CA, nodes :)

i had no problems with OVH apart for being arrogant "french"... As much as i tried finding alternative VMware boxes OVH was my only choice i am afraid.

edited March 2013

@goexodus ex ShoveHost customer? We'd love to have you back! If there is any possible way, well, we'll do our best! A lot has changed since.

• @geoxodus ex ShoveHost customer?

nop. Just have two EG4 vmware nodes with them in BHS and one funny box in France.

Sorry I thought you meant we are arrogant ass.

• Sorry I thought you meant we are arrogant ass

no way. 1000 excuses. will rephrase ASAP

@goexodus haha no biggie, simply miscommunication. But yes OVH are arrogant asses.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: But yes OVH are arrogant asses.

Me and a friend who own a SP2 in BHS asked on the phone for Hyperthreading to be disabled and the guy didn't even know what it was...

• sked on the phone for Hyperthreading to be disabled and the guy didn't even know > what is was...

you have to say it with French pronunciation ... :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@goexodus said: you have to say it with French pronunciation ... :)

Retreat?

• I have a 512MB RAM VPS for $7. 5GB is insane! LEB is turning into a site where unlimited hosts compete with one another.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Special offer:
    6 CPU cores
    16GB RAM
    250GB RAID10
    5TB @ 1Gbps
    5 IPv4
    $150/m

:)

edited March 2013

I have a 512MB RAM VPS for $7. 5GB is insane! LEB is turning into a site where > > > > unlimited hosts compete with one another.

Triumphal show in the arena of LowEnd Colosseum where VPS Gladiators kill each other until one man is standing in front of the Emperor Liam.

• Lol LET has basically become "squeeze as much RAM into $7 as possible."

• AVE

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited March 2013

@Brightbull said: Lol LET has basically become "squeeze as much RAM into $7 as possible."

Nope, I believe it's to lure people who don't need VPS to buy... and then idle it

• Yay, yet another Prometeus circlejerk thread!