Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet down - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet down

124»

Comments

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited July 2016

@jbiloh said:
    Why do they have so many troubles?

I think the reasons are simple. They are a budget provider which means they need to cut on costs massively to be able to offer the pricing that they offer, unfortunately though that means cutting corners whether it is cutting on redundancy or other important hardware. I don't know the specifics here and in any case shit happens (Delimiter was down for 3 days, at least the WSI outages were just a few hours) but what I do know is that for the price that they charge they are fine - they've also been handing out SLA credit.

I mean isn't this the same with a lot of providers at LET? they offer cheap VPS's under $7/month but they don't include any backups for example, or they don't offer a 5 second response time like many here want.

It is the unfortunate reality. And I know here users want the world for $7/month including a personal assistance responding within 5 seconds to your ticket even at 5am.

• bcacbbcacb Member

"At about 3:45am local time on 7/21 we experienced a complete loss of utility power. At that time we switched to generators. While on generators a capacitor in UPS 1 exploded. Once utility was restored, UPS 1 did not successfully handle the transfer and dropped its load causing a partial power outage on the data center floor. This issue has been fixed and should not occur again."