Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Temporary VPS Site - Loan out your unused LEBs - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Temporary VPS Site - Loan out your unused LEBs

124»

Comments

• RuneServerRuneServer Member
    edited March 2013

I honestly don't think this is going to work out.

• NickONickO Member

@24khost - So basically you don't welcome resellers.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Really do like the idea, but as others have said, I think it'd be abused in some way.

@DStrout said: OK, what if we make it just for active LET users?

Unfortunately this would make me less likely to agree ;P. I'd much rather give a VPS to my best mate who doesn't even know what SSH is, let alone sign into a VPS, than somebody on here who's much more likely to know how to blow up the planet with a few shell scripts ;P

• NickO - basically we don't allow unregistered resellers. I don't take the time to verify who is using the vps. But posting our containers on a website for others to use is not reselling. We would simply no be interested in letting our containers participate.

• If this gets created, please ensure there's a mechanism so that providers can opt out of it.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Yes, same here.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@HalfEatenPie said: As a person who's given out a free year's VPS...

Not the same as what's being proposed here, but looking at how freevps.us works may be instructional.

• @raindog308 said: Not the same as what's being proposed here, but looking at how freevps.us works may be instructional.

@raindog308 From what I understand it is the providers offering up the VPS right? If that is the case then it makes it a bit more worth their while with stipulations and the person who gets the vps has to actually do something to maintain it such as posting, putting adverts in their signature and stuff like that. Doing that sort of think would require a forum in itself AND have providers behind it. Not that I am saying we need another version of freevps.us but if something productive and worthwhile was born, I have a vbulletin license and a lot of addons I am not using and will more than likely not use again as my forum running days are over, so... might be a use for it lol...