Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for UTorrent Server - Preferably 1GBPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for UTorrent Server - Preferably 1GBPS

darknessendsdarknessends Member
edited March 2013 in General

I need a VPS for UTorrent server for downloading some big videos. Anyone suggest me a host that can support this.

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Illegal "big videos"?

• Movies and all shit, personal use. No distribution of any kind.

• Take a look at our plans, SSD based starting at $3 /quarter.

• @BrightBull : too low diskspace, where will I keep the videos :)

• @darknessends - sorry I forgot about that, hehe. How much storage do you need? I can give you a good quote if you'd like.

• Give me 100GB space, I dnt need SSD.

• @Brightbull I didnt know calihop allowed torrents!

• I dnt want any problems later on, I want people to clarify me here only. It will be used only as a torrent client and I would like to use it as much as I can. So if you are not having a problem in getting ur downstreams consumed, you can offer me please.

• @darknessends said: No distribution of any kind.

Torrent is by definition distribution

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@darknessends said: So if you are not having a problem in getting ur downstreams consumed

Somehow I don't think that's where the first complaint will arise.

• Kimsufi 2G and BuyVM would probably be your best bet for no nagging.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited March 2013

https://www.cloudshards.com/backupvpshosting.php - lots of storage/bandwidth. Use LEB25 for discount.

• @Spencer - Slight mistake on my part there, sorry.

• @herbyscrub said: Kimsufi 2G and BuyVM would probably be your best bet for no nagging.

+1

• flyfly Member

no distribution

sure buddy

get a kimsufi

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited March 2013

@herbyscrub said: Kimsufi 2G and BuyVM would probably be your best bet for no nagging.

As someone currently using both of these for this purpose, I second this

All linux ISOs, of course

I'm not using uTorrent though, and you shouldn't either

• @texteditor : what than ?

• Deluge + Thin client (or web client under ~1000ish torrent
    Transmission + thin or web client
    rtorrent in screen plus rutorrent for web interface

rtorrent + rutorrent is my favorite for long-term seeding thousands of torrents, Deluge is my favorite for autosnatching, Transmission is cool too but I rarely use it

• You want to use utorrent alpha on a linux server. Even though there are a few mature torrent clients available for linux, that are much better than utorrent for linux.

Seeing that you want to rape the VPS with torrents, why don't you just get a seedbox, that way you know it is made for torrents. If you want torrent big movies and seed it to the public, not only will you abuse disk IO, but also bandwidth abuse and possibly get anti-copyright notices as well. A VPS is a shared environment, so you would essentially be abusing it for the other users. I think it is okay, if you only download one movie at a time and don't really seed it afterwards.

If you don't want to seed the content, why don't you just use a VPS that allows torrents and use it as a VPN to download to your desktop.

The few VPSes that allow torrents, mostly only allow it for private torrents, because the public stuff have too much trackers, etc.

• I suggest feralhosting or whatbox for seedbox providers, seed.st if you need something cheap (performance is meh though)

• I do not seed anything, infact I limit the upload rate to minimum.

• Clearly you are on any private trackers then

• @darknessends Why do you need 100GB space if you are not going to be uploading or seeding torrents?

• Keep the downloaded files.

• Stream them directly to play, works like a private repository :)

• Don't get anything other than a OVH/Kimsufi box in France if you want a seedbox. OVH France handles so much of the world's bittorent traffic that many of your downloads would just be local.
    This is especially true for private torrent trackers.

I would recommend OVH + Deluge (server side daemon) + Deluge GTK+ client on your desktop.

• WoopWoop Member

@texteditor said: I suggest feralhosting or whatbox for seedbox providers, seed.st if you need something cheap (performance is meh though)

>

I had a seedbox at Whatbox for ages, was solid. 90% of the time I was using over 100mbps and I think the best speed I got was something like 300-400mbps. I got better speeds on my whatbox account than I do now on my Kimsufi box. :p

• whatbox seems very nice for professional seedboxers, i am though looking for a vps.

• krokro Member

6 strikes law in USA?

• I think OVH is your best choose.Take a look at this link http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/index.xml.It just take €9.99,you can get a dedicated server.And it has 500G.