Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Announce NL Location - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Announce NL Location

124»

Comments

• @mycosys said:
    If copyright were destroyed the vast majority of content creators would make MORE money - we would no longer have the vultures of the media companies sucking them dry and contributing nothing.

Grand social experiment. I like it.
    (Mostly, because I have nothing to lose.)

MANY artists are making a far better living off copyleft than they ever would off traditional models - people love their work so purchase collectables and print editions etc directly from them. If you do good work people are proud to support you. Look at bandcamp, look at soundcloud, look at the blogospere - creation is intrinsic to us. Without the marketing machine we might even start to value good music over good looks, content over butt size.

I love this.

Merchandise and Live shows do quite well for those with a strong Brand.

I have been in the music industry most of my life - i know first hand that the copyright machine is destroying content creation, not enhancing it. I contibuted thousands of hours over years to running a new media collective to facilitate uptake o digital media in the community. I have run large fringe festivals. One look at how new or innovative content creators now approach monetisation of their content tells you quickly that copyright is not helping anyone but fatcats.

Love this too.

Things are changing in a better direction for creators because of the Internet.

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • WebDudeWebDude Member
    edited October 2016

Traces from Helsinki and Stockholm also loop via Paris. That's funny. (Telia, Sonera, TeliaSonera networks, Telia Carrier).

kw: tromboning

• @cassa said:

@rm_ said:

joeri said: When will Online.net or UPC fix this problem ?

Trusted sources say UPC demands money from Online.net for peering -- i.e. using whatever quasi-monopoly position they might have, for extortion. Switch away from UPC (or from any ISP which uses UPC as their upstream). They are basically the same as China Telecom/Unicom.

Unfortunately UPC/Ziggo is the only DOCSIS provider and fiber isn't widely available yet. So it's 10mbit/s or UPC/Ziggo at 200Mbit/s

totally wrong its called ziggo here they bought upc
    and it goes upto
    500Mbit/s

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@robinjoo1 said:

@cassa said:

@rm_ said:

Trusted sources say UPC demands money from Online.net for peering -- i.e. using whatever quasi-monopoly position they might have, for extortion. Switch away from UPC (or from any ISP which uses UPC as their upstream). They are basically the same as China Telecom/Unicom.

Unfortunately UPC/Ziggo is the only DOCSIS provider and fiber isn't widely available yet. So it's 10mbit/s or UPC/Ziggo at 200Mbit/s

and it goes upto
    500Mbit/s

Ziggo use the network of http://www.libertyglobal.com/
    That company is registered in NL as UPC Holding BV

• @joeri said:

@robinjoo1 said:

@cassa said:

@rm_ said:

and it goes upto
    500Mbit/s

Ziggo use the network of http://www.libertyglobal.com/
    That company is registered in NL as UPC Holding BV

and vodafone is also part of ziggo