Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS [64MB/5GB/1IPv4/250GB] at $1.99 a year - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS [64MB/5GB/1IPv4/250GB] at $1.99 a year

Comments

• @kingpin said:
    What's the DosDrive thing? They're offering 50 GiBs for free with it.

Free 50GB Space access from Web, Android or iOS app, or file sharing.

https://www.sentris.net/billing/cart.php?gid=22

I got that thing too, not sure how good it is, but seems to be a Seafile instance.

• kingpinkingpin Member

Looks like this is their other product. I got this in front of No Backups confirmation statement when configuring FreeServer OpenVZ - New OVZ SATA SEA Custom offer.

This plan has no backups options, you can use our Free 50GB Backup from dosdrive.com

• defaultdefault Veteran

This would have even better with IPv6 only instead of IPv4, concerning the movement of many providers.

• 10men10men Member

Be careful- I bought the $4.49 3-year plan with 250GB bandwidth. I didn't notice they auto-selected the more expensive 5GB bandwidth addon at .17/mo ($6/3yr).

I have a ticket in, (nicely) requesting they refund the $6 and drop me back to the 250GB plan. Quick setup so far.

• forevermanforeverman Member
    edited May 2016

@labrax said:

@foreverman said:
    is there a way to install windows ?

geez dude, u need educate urself.

Why ? Cant you install windows on 1 GB of RAM ? Theres other plans and upgrades you know?

• kingpinkingpin Member

This is the OpenVZ based VPS. You cannot run inside OpenVZ anything besides Linux (including Windows). Google OpenVZ.

Thanked by 2foreverman netomx
  • aegaeg Member

TOS/AUP?

• 
    This email is sent because you have an account with us currently. See bottom on how to unsubscribe.

For a limited time, we are offering you 1 free reinstall, to get it, please follow this step to get it:

1. Order the Reinstall via Addons in web panel in our client area and an invoice will be created - do NOT pay!
    2. Send the Invoice # and OS you want via Private Message to admin at https://sentris.net/forum (need to partiticpate in forum and submit 6 topics or more first before you can PM admin)
    3. Admin from forum will reply there when done (allow 3-14 business days to be done

DO NOT Contact our support team as such requests to support will be ignored.

NOTE: This offer ends 5/31/2016. Do NOT forget to include OS you want on your PM to admin. You can find list of available OS from https://www.sentris.net/billing/knowledgebase/34/Operating-systems-we-offer.html 

• 3-14 business days, have fun.

• user123user123 Member

@TheOnlyDK said:

3-14 business days, have fun.

Don't worry. I'm sure many users will find their way over here, to LowEndHelpDesk after they wait 20 minutes without a reply.

• Hi theroyalstudent

This email is sent because you have/had an account with us before or currently. See bottom on how to unsubscribe.

We've added a new node for our New KVM SSD on Custom backbones, with following templates:

1. Windows 2003 32-bit
    2. Windows 2008 R2 DC
    3. Centos 7 64-bit Minimal
    4. Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit
    5. Debian 8.3 32-bit (coming soon)

Order Now - still only $2.49/mo or $1/mo*. 
    Speedtest from Windows VPS - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5366707937 (520Mbps download)

Last chance to get in with our coupon for even lower pricing!

*Require 3-yr payment = $37.5/3-yr, after coupon: V5F1JOW1ZN (Ends 6/30/2016, new account only)
    **Require 3-yr payment = $4.5/3-yr, no coupon needed

KVM VPS:

1. 512MB RAM 15GB Space KVM SSD VPS Windows or Linux from $37.50/3-yr* - http://freeserver.us/plans/#tabgarb=SSD 
    - 1Gbps port, SSD HW RAID with write speed upto 1.1GB/s
    - Upgrade to 2GB RAM $82.5/3-yr** = $2.29/mo*

2. 2GB RAM 30GB Space KVM SSD-Cached VPS Windows or Linux from $75/3-yr* - http://freeserver.us/plans/#tabgarb=NKVM 
    - 1Gbps port, 30GB space, 2GB RAM

OpenVZ VPS:

1. 128MB RAM 1GB Space OpenVZ SSD VPS from $5.75/3-YR* - http://freeserver.us/plans
    - 1Gbps port, SSD HW RAID with write speed upto 1.1GB/s
    - Upgrade to 5GB space for $10.25/3-YR*

2. 5GB 64MB OpenVZ SATA VPS from $4.49/3-YR** - http://freeserver.us/plans 
    - 1Gbps port, SATA HW RAID with write speed upto 600MB/s
    - Upgrade to 128MB RAM = $7.49/3-yr**
    - Upgrade to 10GB + 128MB RAM = $10.49/3-yr**

Thank you

Sentris Team

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited June 2016

For some reason when I'm doing reboot from within the VPS itself (with reboot command), the /dev/net/tun device will never appear and I have to stop the VPS from the panel and start it again.

Same happened when they restarted the host as part of maintenance last night.

Opened a ticket with them but they brushed me off.

I'm on Debian 8 64 bit. Tried several ways to create the tun device, to no avail.

Logging in to the panel for manual restart every time after maintenance is annoying.

Disappointed :-(

• Can't you just create a shell script that does something like

mkdir /dev/net
    mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200

And put it in crontab at @reboot ?

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @ARiEWWW said:

I tried this already. I'm getting the following error in the OpenVPN log file.

ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: Operation not permitted (errno=1)

Played with permissions as well, but it doesn't help.

• andrewandrew Member

@kingpin
    I have not such problem but if this is because of openvpn; then i suggest you SoftEther with SecureNat (same tool that i use). check

• @andrew said:

But as per the docs (see Limitations section) SoftEther VPN also depends on the TUN device.

To operate the Linux version of VPN Client, the Universal TUN/TAP device driver module must be embedded in the kernel.

• b6688b6688 Member

@ARiEWWW @kingpin

I can confirm that you must login to the Control Panel and then Stop and Start the VPS server again to take effect.

You can't create a Cronjob as a bootup script as it will hit an errors

ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: Operation not permitted (errno=1)

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited June 2016

@b6688 said:

Yup, and the problem is that the TUN device doesn't persist across reboots done from within the container or as part of maintenance on the host.

I guess that they supply the --devnodes net/tun:rw parameter to vzctl(1) but without the --save parameter when the Start VPS server command is used from the Control Panel, therefore this setting is not saved in the container configuration file.

• 10men10men Member

@10men said:
    Be careful- I bought the $4.49 3-year plan with 250GB bandwidth. I didn't notice they auto-selected the more expensive 5GB bandwidth addon at .17/mo ($6/3yr).

I have a ticket in, (nicely) requesting they refund the $6 and drop me back to the 250GB plan. Quick setup so far.

Sentris' ordering system incorrectly auto-selects a more expensive bandwidth add-on. The first page shows 250GB comes with the order.

1. Clicking "Order Now", you would assume that 250GB is what you will get. (.12/mo x 36 mo = $4.32 total.

2. Actually, 5000GB is selected, at .17/mo. x 36 mo = $6.12 for bandwidth.

3. Suddenly, a $4.32 order becomes $10.44!!

I've created a ticket, Ticket #598136, but they refuse to refund the incorrect charge. I should have seen how their system auto-changed the bandwidth on me.

Alt
    Alt

• sonicsonic Veteran

I got maxmind error, submited ticket 4 days ago but no reply until now. Ticket 185164

• FritzFritz Veteran

It clearly states configurable options.

Do check before submit next time. :p

@10men said:

@10men said:

Sentris' ordering system incorrectly auto-selects a more expensive bandwidth add-on. The first page shows 250GB comes with the order.

1. Clicking "Order Now", you would assume that 250GB is what you will get. (.12/mo x 36 mo = $4.32 total.

2. Actually, 5000GB is selected, at .17/mo. x 36 mo = $6.12 for bandwidth.

3. Suddenly, a $4.32 order becomes $10.44!!

I've created a ticket, Ticket #598136, but they refuse to refund the incorrect charge. I should have seen how their system auto-changed the bandwidth on me.

Alt
    Alt

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@10men Sorry to tell you, 100% your fault for not checking your order man.

• 10men10men Member

I agree with you both.

@trewq said:
    @10men Sorry to tell you, 100% your fault for not checking your order man.

and

@Fritz said:
    It clearly states configurable options.

Yes, but configurable options usually are not...configured for me already. :)

Me: "I'd like the red shirt, please."
    Store: "Here is the red shirt. We've 'configured' the size to XXXL but didn't tell you."
    Me: "Here's the the cash."
    ring!
    Me: "Wait, why did you give me an XXXL red shirt?"
    Store: "You should always make sure we don't change the product you requested."

Huh?

Good lesson for me to learn!

• I would recommend staying away from this company as a whole. Their service is pretty poor, and their customer service is extremely rude. They don't even deserve the $2 that this plan costs.

• KobeKobe Member

Is their TUN/TAP working consistently yet? Or is it disabled upon reboot?

• @jamespeach said:
    I would recommend staying away from this company as a whole. Their service is pretty poor, and their customer service is extremely rude. They don't even deserve the $2 that this plan costs.

Let me give a scenario:

You pay me $0.12/mo for unlimited cab service. We have a contract for three years; I gradually get more rude as time passes because of all your complaints.

tl;dr You're paying really little; you get what you pay for. It's not their fault that support staff have to have minimum wage and you only contribute less than a tenth of it.

• @doghouch said:

@jamespeach said:
    I would recommend staying away from this company as a whole. Their service is pretty poor, and their customer service is extremely rude. They don't even deserve the $2 that this plan costs.

Let me give a scenario:

You pay me $0.12/mo for unlimited cab service. We have a contract for three years; I gradually get more rude as time passes because of all your complaints.

tl;dr You're paying really little; you get what you pay for. It's not their fault that support staff have to have minimum wage and you only contribute less than a tenth of it.

My server didn't work, they refused to fix it, help me, or refund me. I had one complaint, and it was my server wasn't working turning on, and it has yet to be fixed. It doesn't matter how little or much they are paid, they have chosen their job, and are paid for the work they do. If they don't do the work they are being paid for, then they do not deserve your job.

tl;dr: Even though I pay a little, I expect to at least get something out of what I purchased.

• @jamespeach Sorry to hear; I thought that you actually received the server. Excuse me for the harsh tone in my previous post; what has happened is unacceptable.

You weren't donating to Sentris, rather you ordered something and expected service.

Anyway, by the looks of it, it's not your fault. It's Sentris who is incompetent and needs to abide to their promises.

Thanked by 1jamespeach
  • b6688b6688 Member

@jamespeach, sorry to hear that but I think I am lucky. I have this Tiny VPS running for more than a month without any interruption. The network is good too.

I use it for OpenVPN, nginx + mysql + php-fpm

top - 02:45:46 up 32 days, 20:40,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    Tasks:  25 total,   1 running,  24 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    Cpu(s):  0.0%us,  0.0%sy,  0.0%ni,100.0%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
    Mem:     65536k total,    37024k used,    28512k free,        0k buffers
    Swap:     1024k total,     1024k used,        0k free,    22700k cached

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND                                                                                                                                                                       
        1 root      20   0 19236  212   84 S  0.0  0.3   0:00.04 init                                                                                                                                                                           
        2 root      20   0     0    0    0 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 kthreadd/303                                                                                                                                                                   
        3 root      20   0     0    0    0 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 khelper/303                                                                                                                                                                    
      137 root      16  -4 10648    8    4 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 udevd                                                                                                                                                                          
      675 root      18  -2 10644    8    4 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 udevd                                                                                                                                                                          
      684 root      18  -2 10644    8    4 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 udevd                                                                                                                                                                          
      700 root      20   0 66240  316  216 S  0.0  0.5   0:00.04 sshd                                                                                                                                                                           
      711 root      20   0 21720    8    4 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 xinetd                                                                                                                                                                         
      725 root      20   0  4068    8    4 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 mingetty                                                                                                                                                                       
      727 root      20   0  4068    8    4 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 mingetty                                                                                                                                                                       
    11136 root      20   0  363m  128   72 S  0.0  0.2   0:25.73 php-fpm                                                                                                                                                                        
    11138 www       20   0  371m 5868  124 S  0.0  9.0   0:00.60 php-fpm                                                                                                                                                                        
    11139 www       20   0  369m 5648   84 S  0.0  8.6   0:00.66 php-fpm                                                                                                                                                                        
    11532 root      20   0  105m   16   12 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.02 mysqld_safe                                                                                                                                                                    
    12003 mysql     20   0  208m  496   48 S  0.0  0.8   0:00.21 mysqld                                                                                                                                                                         
    12031 root      20   0 57452  392   20 S  0.0  0.6   0:00.00 nginx                                                                                                                                                                          
    12034 www       20   0 59192 1496  464 S  0.0  2.3   0:00.88 nginx                                                                                                                                                                          
    12093 root      20   0 56208   16    8 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 openvpn                                                                                                                                                                        
    12100 root      20   0 56336  160   96 S  0.0  0.2   0:02.63 openvpn                                                                                                                                                                        
    15535 root      20   0 98.4m 4720 3496 S  0.0  7.2   0:00.05 sshd                                                                                                                                                                           
    15539 root      20   0 98.4m 2064  840 S  0.0  3.1   0:00.06 sshd                                                                                                                                                                           
    15540 root      20   0  105m 1908 1528 S  0.0  2.9   0:00.00 bash                                                                                                                                                                           
    15565 root      20   0  140m 1864 1476 S  0.0  2.8   0:00.02 su                                                                                                                                                                             
    15567 root      20   0  105m 1984 1516 S  0.0  3.0   0:00.00 bash                                                                                                                                                                           
    15588 root      20   0 14896 1236  996 R  0.0  1.9   0:00.45 top  

• @Kobe said:
    Is their TUN/TAP working consistently yet? Or is it disabled upon reboot?

/dev/net/tun still doesn't persist across reboots, unfortunately. Otherwise I've had no problems with my box.