Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to Delimiter? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to Delimiter?

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

I don't use delimiter I respect Mark and Mike they're both great and valuable community members .. I hope they return for that fact.

Thanked by 2black aglodek
  • lazytlazyt Member

@raindog308 said:

lazyt said: I've seen a lot of comments putting the fraud and abuse above 60% from the LET offers some providers have made and talked about. Toss in the LET DDOS effect and they probably ask why do we bother.

But then we see you in clubs with the bling and the groupies and we remember.

God I wish! I'm so broke I can't even afford the taxi to a club.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

I personally don't like Delimiter's actions in the past, which is why I really disliked having to defend them in the recent BS anti-Delimiter thread where people out of touch with reality were bashing them for using common sense.

EDIT: When I did have a dedicated server with them the service was good minus some IPv6 issues I had with them. I can't fault their service but their public facing side of the company needs some work.

• wwabbitwwabbit Member

Delimiter is still providing me with good quality service at a low price. Except for the period of the HVAC/power outage, my tickets have all been responded to and resolved promptly. All the staff have all been helpful to me, albeit with the occasional condescending tone.

Yes, they do act like assholes against bad customers, which naturally backfires on them with bad PR, but that doesn't affect their relationship with me, so I couldn't care less except for the entertainment.

Yes, I can see how people can be annoyed when they criticize other hosts and offer coupons. But to me, the criticisms are constructive and I have learnt a few useful things from those.

The network has been superb, apart from a short period of time where I was getting packet loss, which was quickly ratified after a ticket when they put a network monitor on my server to diagnose the problem. Power obviously isn't very redundant, it's apparent they don't have onsite generators.

But ultimately, I think I got more than what I paid for. $16.67/month (paid annually) for 24GB RAM / 1TB HDD / 8 cores running some non-critical stuff.

Thanked by 2black netomx
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited May 2016

Agree with Nekki that they're probably tired of swimming against the tide here.

Delimiter is in the shithouse along with internet marketing, for the LET guardians of the interwebz. Do a search for 'seo', 'email' or 'delimiter' on here for some corrosive threads

• lazytlazyt Member

Yep they would rather go gaga for veyprnetworks or goodhosting.

• sinsin Member

wwabbit said: Yes, I can see how people can be annoyed when they criticize other hosts and offer coupons. But to me, the criticisms are constructive and I have learnt a few useful things from those.

Calling WholeSaleInternet "GhettoServers" is not exactly constructive criticism in my opinion :)

Thanked by 2Xenos Dylan
  • BradNDBradND Member

Cya later delimiter

• lazytlazyt Member

Just to point out Mark called the heavily modified (which even Aaron admits) E5's GhettoServers. Not the entire WSI. Look up Aarons list of the mods they did to get them to work as a hosting server. Modified software, modified drives, added extra power supplies, and other things that I can't remember.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • blackblack Member

He called those E5 servers "ghetto" and they were for reasons @lazyt just mentioned.

• dailydaily Member

How is a provider insulting another provider and/or their services okay? Even if the remarks are true, don't you have other things to do, like manage a business?

Don't get me wrong, Delimiter's performance on those $20/m ($60/q) boxes were good, but the PR and support are all awful, which was what made my partner decide to stop hosting with them recently.

• wwabbitwwabbit Member
    edited May 2016

sin said: Calling WholeSaleInternet "GhettoServers" is not exactly constructive criticism in my opinion :)

The constructive criticism that led to that series of servers being called "GhettoServers" can be found in this thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/78674/wsi-dual-e5-2670-96gb-ram-1tb-ssd-live-now

• rdesrdes Member
    edited May 2016

@wwabbit in this case OVH should be 101% ghetto server approved with their water cooling and custom kernels for every system. Not to mention lack of servers housing...
    But in the real world they are 10x more realible than Delimiter this year...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

dailymc said: How is a provider insulting another provider and/or their services okay?

Well, we all do it all day long here, so why not providers? I don't have a problem with one provider calling another out. Let the market sort it.

The promo codes were often amusing.

Thanked by 3deadbeef Falzo Pwner
  • edited May 2016

And let the ass kissing begin!

Oh, never mind, it already started...

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

globalRegisters said: And let the ass kissing begin!

Not sure if you meant that for me, but I've hardly been a Delimiter brown-noser. I've never been their customer and I don't mind calling them out as needed. I really don't have a strong opinion on them either way.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • DeanDean Member

what's their latest promo offer?

• @raindog308 said:
    Well, we all do it all day long here, so why not providers? I don't have a problem with one provider calling another out. Let the market sort it.

Exactly. The more they dig out each other's dirt, the better.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • LeeLee Veteran

raindog308 said: I don't have a problem with one provider calling another out

Neither do I however, how they act in public determines whether I want to buy from or even continue using them. On my own the loss may be insignificant but in a pack we make a difference. I, like many others simply choose to avoid or stop using a provider silently so the effect is rarely measurable.

Also like the 'My views are my own' signatures. No, if you are a provider with a link to your service in the signature then what you post is a reflection of you and your service. The daft little disclaimer in no way removes that.

If you do not want your posts to affect how people perceive your brand then remove it from the signature or comment appropriately.

• @raindog308 said:

Not sure if you meant that for me

Not specifically, but in general.

• wwabbitwwabbit Member
    edited May 2016

rdes said: @wwabbit in this case OVH should be 101% ghetto server approved with their water cooling and custom kernels for every system. Not to mention lack of servers housing... But in the real world they are 10x more realible than Delimiter this year...

You obviously haven't really read the thread, have you? Mark's concerns about those servers have nothing to do with what you have mentioned.

• GCatGCat Member

I'll admit I don't agree with how delimiter acted, but they're a pretty solid provider I use, so I'm not going to jump ship over this nonsense.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@globalRegisters said:

Let the useless posts.... Continue!

• @jarland said:

@globalRegisters said:

Wow, the irony.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jarland said:

@globalRegisters said:

He's a troll

Thanked by 3jar ATHK Pwner
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Its global

• erkinerkin Member

aka GossipGeneral

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@erkin said:
    aka GossipGeneral

Wut?

• @raindog308 said:

To be fair, I'm running Constitution-class Original Series, not the fancy Ambassador-class stuff some people try to run.

And I'm only using 128 megaquads.

Amateur. I prefer Galaxy-Class. Gotta have those sexy standard issue holodecks.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • rdesrdes Member
    edited May 2016

@wwabbit I'm not only one who take Mark comments that way - just look at @lazyt or @black posts ;).