Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple requires apps to support IPv6-only networks - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apple requires apps to support IPv6-only networks

124»

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

netomx said: M y laptops works wayyy over the warranty, idk what laptops do you buy

He's probably bought HP. I know of one American company that explicitly sets the depreciation schedule (useful life) on HP-branded laptops lower than other brands because they're crap.

I have several Lenovo from < $300 running great, and some HPs dead...

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • PwnerPwner Member

@netomx said:

@raindog308 said:

netomx said: M y laptops works wayyy over the warranty, idk what laptops do you buy

He's probably bought HP. I know of one American company that explicitly sets the depreciation schedule (useful life) on HP-branded laptops lower than other brands because they're crap.

I have several Lenovo from < $300 running great, and some HPs dead...

Lenovo is still a reliable brand, they have pre installed spyware and crapware issues, but they still make reliable machines. Funnily enough, I helped a friend pick out a gaming machine and in order to fit his budget with reliability and performance, only Lenovo would fit the ticket.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • impossiblystupid said: but if you're still sticking with IPv4 in 10 years, just because you refuse to use IPv6 at that late date doesn't make IPv4 any less dead.

It's not that I refuse to use, just that ISPs here are not supporting it, at least not proactively.

Anyway, let's see what happen in 10 years time.

• It will take a little bit for IPv4 to completely die out--definitely not by 2020 though.

• hoczajhoczaj Member

@raindog308 said:

lazyt said: Looking at that article I get the impression that they are bragging about people paying for over priced phones. Comparing a Samsung El cheep to their 800 dollar phone. That provaly costs them 100 to make. Of course their profits are higher.

Recently a cab driver struck up a conversation and said "The best business to be in is the cell phone business. What are they selling? Nothing! The phone costs, what, five dollars to make? And they sell for a thousand. And then all these minutes and limits and data charges. What is all that? You already have the phone and the other person has the phone so what are they selling? They are making you pay for air! It is criminal!"

Someone should have said to that uneducated cab driver: "Well good luck using your phone without the whole infrastructure, just with the air..."

Being stupid should be criminalized, not what they're insisting. ;)