Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$99 E3 32 GB - List of Providers - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$99 E3 32 GB - List of Providers

Comments

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2013

@Jacob said: Good Luck @Damian, How much transit do they have? I'm guessing a couple to a few Gigabits at most.

Yes,it looks like that now.They are very new,so there is room for improvement.Still reviews from @Damian will always be welcome.Most probably they will set up the server tomorrow

• @damian what did they charge you for your setup? If you dont mind letting us know.

• @chriscm said: @damian what did they charge you for your setup? If you dont mind letting us know.

I'm not sure if we received a specific price, or not. It's not The Cheapest Server Ever, but i'm happy with the value. They're quite responsive to sales inquiries, so no harm in contacting them directly.

• From Versaweb:

Xeon E3-1240v2 Value Server - Seattle
    Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 CPU
    4 x 3.4Ghz Cores + HT (8 Threads)
    16GB DDR3-1333 ECC RAM (upgradable to 32GB _$20)
    1TB SATA Hard Disk or 120GB SSD
    10TB Outbound Bandwidth / Gig-E Port
    4 IP Addresses / Private VLAN
    IP KVM / IPMI Remote Access
    $99 per month! Click Here to Order!
    $119.99/m with 32GB Ram

Upgrade to 100TB Outbound Bandwidth for only $100 more!
    Additional IP's are billed at $0.75/m per IP address.
    Test IP:
    Las Vegas - 199.47.210.50
    Seattle - 76.164.234.1

• @earl said: From Versaweb:

I feel in some way more interested in their i7 2600 offer.
    And no, I don't want to enter in the Server vs Desktop discussion n_n. Except the possible HW RAID and the IPMI features =(

• bijan588bijan588 Member
    edited February 2013

I would rather just pay 3k upfront, put an e3 in my rack, and then pay 30$ a month from then on. Rather than trust these guys, most look sketch

• @yomero said: I don't want to enter in the Server vs Desktop discussion n_n. Except the possible HW RAID and the IPMI features =(

Yeah I think a sever without dedicated IPMI would be a deal breaker for me!

It seems all the newer supermicro boards have onboard IPMI so that's why we are seeing a lot of providers including this with the offers.. unfortunately Desktop grade stuff don't come standard with IPMI or at least a cheap add on solution for one.

• @bijan588 said: most look sketch

Without any first hand knowledge of the other guys, I know Versaweb should be trustworthy since, well, if you know anything about BuyVM, they are in that data center now as their Vegas location. They would probably be my first choice even though it is not 32gigs for 99.00.

• @bijan588 said: I would rather just pay 3k upfront

Sorry not to go off topic again, but we were talking about leasing from Dell, you can get a new 1U rack server with an E3 CPU for around $30/m @ 48 months finance.. or around $1000 to buy outright.

• @Holoshed

I agree..

• @earl said: Sorry not to go off topic again, but we were talking about leasing from Dell, you can get a new 1U rack server with an E3 CPU for around $30/m @ 48 months finance.. or around $1000 to buy outright.

I just buy my servers from Dell Outlet, sorry for not paying attention to the whole conv. On my phone.

• @bijan588 said: sorry for not paying attention to the whole conv. On my phone.

Not a big deal.. I was just trying to point out that E3'c can be had for under $1000, if you wanted the i3 they go for around $700! NEW! lol

• @Holoshed said: I know Versaweb should be trustworthy since, well, if you know anything about BuyVM, they are in that data center now as their Vegas location.

I don't see the link... they're both Fiberhub, so what? @Francisco has a very special deal with Fiberhub, can't compare those

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@BronzeByte said: I don't see the link... they're both Fiberhub, so what? @Francisco has a very special deal with Fiberhub, can't compare those

Hardly special, we pay list price. :)

Versaweb is FH's dedicated server brand.

Remember, we have a cage there so our pricing on almost everything is different than someone renting a single rack.

Francisco

• @earl to my knowledge a spider KVM like a single port KVM is around $300-350 so its certainly worth getting a board with IPMI

• @chriscm said: @earl to my knowledge a spider KVM like a single port KVM is around $300-350 so its certainly worth getting a board with IPMI

yup it certainly is.. I'm really not sure why those KVMoIP are so expensive! you would think the price would have come down considerably by now.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

@Francisco said: Remember, we have a cage there so our pricing on almost everything is different than someone renting a single rack.

Not a special price, a special setup :-)
    You have like 15 racks in that cage?

• @earl Thats true over the years I see no price decrease on any of those units, its set in stone. Thank god for SuperMicro!

• I wish Tyan would get back into the game :(

• @Damian said: I wish Tyan would get back into the game :(

Yeah Tyan and also Abit, not sure if that's still around?

But really I don't think it's worth it to build your own nowadays, you can get a pre-built system so much cheaper..

• Well I guess nevermind about "PerfectIP". I just received a refund from them for the server that I purchased, with no explanation.

• I got a nice tyan used from @miTgiB. Payed quite a lot for the specs but it seems to be worth it.

Runs a lot of minecraft with not a single hiccup or failure.

• @Damian said: Well I guess nevermind about "PerfectIP". I just received a refund from them for the server that I purchased, with no explanation.

What the?

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2013

@GetKVM_Ash said: What the?

The response that I finally received was:

Hi,

Thank you for purchasing at Perfect International Inc.

We notice that the IP and Customer Info location are located in different countries. Please reorder using your original IPs.

Therefore, Order number:        29535 has been cancelled and the payment has been refunded to you.

For further questions, please contact us at [email protected]. Our billing live chat is M-F 09:00 - 18:00 PST.

Thank you,
    Astrid
    Perfect International, Inc Billing Department.

Which is interesting, because I made the purchase while at the day job, and every IP that I checked with http://www.geoiptool.com/ geolocated to the same state as the address I gave.

This is coming from a company that calls themselves "Perfect International", yet I made the Paypal payment to "DASH NET", and this Astrid person's reply-to email was "[email protected]".

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: This is coming from a company that calls themselves "Perfect International", yet I made the Paypal payment to "DASH NET", and this Astrid person's reply-to email was "[email protected]".

If you do end up signing up after "fixing" your IP thing you should mention the above to them. It is a bit silly/hypocritical after all...

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2013

@Francisco how is colocrossing ? I have read some pretty bad reviews on WHT.But all reviews cannot be trusted

• @Damian said: The response that I finally received was:

Hi,

Thank you for purchasing at Perfect International Inc.

We notice that the IP and Customer Info location are located in different countries. Please reorder using your original IPs.

Therefore, Order number: 29535 has been cancelled and the payment has been refunded to you.

For further questions, please contact us at [email protected]. Our billing live chat is M-F 09:00 - 18:00 PST.

Thank you,

Astrid
    Perfect International, Inc Billing Department.
    Which is interesting, because I made the purchase while at the day job, and every IP that I checked with http://www.geoiptool.com/ geolocated to the same state as the address I gave.

This is coming from a company that calls themselves "Perfect International", yet I made the Paypal payment to "DASH NET", and this Astrid person's reply-to email was "[email protected]".

LOL wow.....

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@Damian said: This is coming from a company that calls themselves "Perfect International", yet I made the Paypal payment to "DASH NET", and this Astrid person's reply-to email was "[email protected]".

Lol'd

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ftpit said: @Francisco how is colocrossing ? I have read some pretty bad reviews on WHT.But all reviews cannot be trusted

Good, minus the lack of native V6.

Support is pretty quick & Jon is about as aggressive a sales rep as they come.

If you're going into CC I hope you have your own market cornered and not expecting to compete with the rest of the LE's. As more and more LE's move under CC, it just turns into a feeding frenzy with everyone having to undercut the guy the next rack over.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Good, minus the lack of native V6.

Friday!