Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$99 E3 32 GB - List of Providers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$99 E3 32 GB - List of Providers

Comments

• Anyone have a budgetvm server in Dallas, TX?

• @Damian
    Do you have any experience with Calihop?

Or anyone has?
    Have an stable and good network?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@yomero exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Their offer is great I want to buy one or more, but who knows about the network.

• @shovenose said: about the network.

Well, that and their support, relaxed policy :P etc

• calihop looks like a reasonably new company just established in 2011

http://www.calihop.net/about-calihop/

• Dacentec have got a 32gb dual E5 server for $75 I believe (on mobile right now)

• @jkr1711 said: Dacentec have got a 32gb dual E5 server for $75 I believe (on mobile right now)

https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/

E5462 not E5-26xx

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Also

ExaCloud Systems Inc. has this offer

Dual Quad Core 2.26Ghz (8 Cores)
    36GB RAM
    1TB Hard Drive
    1 IP Address
    5TB Bandwidth

$99/month , FREE SETUP

Order Now - Click HERE!
    https://exacloudsys.net/manage/cart/&step=3

• @shovenose @yomero and @Damian

This is what Joseph Manis told me
    " We colocate, but have staff at the data center (not remote hands). We stock common spare parts for all servers like power supplies and hard drives, for within-the-hour replacement, but we do not offer an SLA for all hardware."

so if something happens to your other hardware,you may have to wait till they have next stock (maybe a week downtime)

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

The calihop one also caught my attention because of the 2 x 1TB WD RE4 HDDs drive offer...

I will keep an eye on this thread. Looking forward to hearing feedback from some of them because they don't seem like the biggest providers.

• @ftpit said: so if something happens to your other hardware,you may have to wait till they have next stock (maybe a week downtime)

Does anyone have anything but power supplies and hard drives die?

Regardless, since they're expediting a RAID controller in, I feel that they would expedite a hardware component they didn't have on-hand in too. Additionally, even if they're not willing to pay to do so, I'M willing to pay the $40 for overnight service. $40 is tuppence relative to how much we make on each server.

• @Damian

So is IPXcore a full time thing or do you guys have other jobs?

• @earl said: So is IPXcore a full time thing or do you guys have other jobs?

Yes.

• @Damian have you got your server ready?

• @ftpit said: have you got your server ready?

Not yet; they only ordered the RAID controller yesterday afternoon.

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2013

@Damian said: Not yet; they only ordered the RAID controller yesterday afternoon.

any time of delivery? I am waiting for reviews.They look quite new.So fear to get scammed.

• @earl said: So is IPXcore a full time thing or do you guys have other jobs?

@Damian said: Yes.

A or B? Other person answers "Yes"

So awkward when people do that, always assume they say yes to B.

• @ftpit said: any time of delivery?

"Later this week"... i'm thinking Thursday, because their supplier was out of stock of the RAID controllers, so they're getting it shipped directly, so ~2 days for ship time from Monday afternoon, plus assembly/racking/burn-in/etc.

@ftpit said: So fear to get scammed.

I suppose there's always this possibility, but we'll never get ahead if we don't take risks. This will be the first time that we sell product in more than one location; that's more terrifying to me.

@BronzeByte said: So awkward when people do that, always assume they say yes to B.

• @BronzeByte said: A or B? Other person answers "Yes"

@Damian

• @Damian said: I suppose there's always this possibility, but we'll never get ahead if we don't take risks. This will be the first time that we sell product in more than one location; that's more terrifying to me.

Perhaps I should get a vps first to see if they are even real or not

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@Damian said: the first time that we sell product in more than one location; that's more terrifying to me.

I thought you guys own all your hardware? I guess this is the first your renting hardware?

@BronzeByte said: A or B? Other person answers "Yes"

Initially I took it as IPXcore is their full time job, but yeah you're right it could mean the other way too I guess..

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2013

@earl said: I guess this is the first your renting hardware?

Yes. If we like the network, and the post-sales service, then we'll either buy hardware from the DC, or send in our own hardware to be racked.

This makes it a two way street:
    They impress us, we give them more money.
    They throw us under the bus, we move on.

Win-win either way.

edited February 2013

@Damian They look like a one man show as of now.they colocate here
    http://www.americanis.net/

• @ftpit said: They look like a one man show as of now

That's fine; it's all about the service. We can grow together.

edited February 2013

@Damian said: That's fine; it's all about the service. We can grow together.

Only thing that is unattractive is the lack of 1gbps network (Not even as an addon )

• Calihop is a really good deal considering to upgrade to 4x 1TB RE4 is only $20/m !

E3-1270V2
    32GB RAM
    4x 1TB
    10TB
    $119/m

edited February 2013

@earl said: Member

Calihop is a really good deal considering to upgrade to 4x 1TB RE4 is only $20/m !

and 100 mbps as of now

• @Damian Problem with one man is also that if he is sleeping and your server is down and you will not get your tickets answered on time and it can take time to resolve

edited February 2013

deleted

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@ftpit said: Damian Problem with one man is also that if he is sleeping and your server is down and you will not get your tickets answered on time and it can take time to resolve

What's "sleeping"?