Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2GB Dedicated RAM / 4GB Burst in Buffalo NY or Kansas City MO $7/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2GB Dedicated RAM / 4GB Burst in Buffalo NY or Kansas City MO $7/mo

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in Offers

So our business is shared hosting and we decided to try our hands at VPS hosting.

If you have something specific in mind, please let us know and we will do whatever we can to accomodate you.

******UPDATE*******
So we offered 4GB/6GB VPS, a couple people took advantage (2) but as everyone here said we need to scale it back just a little to keep everyone happy. That being said we have 20GB of RAM left on this box. This offer has been updated to reflect this.

As I stated before we are new to this business, but stick with us and we will do everything we can to keep you satisfied. The offer is now 2GB/4GB and the HDD issues are being looked at.

Thank you all for your patience and your advice @CVPS_Kevin & @CVPS_Luc

*****END***********

2 CPU Cores
2048 MB of Dedicated RAM
4096 MB of Burstable RAM
60 GB of Disk Space
100 Mbit Network Port
2 TB of Bandwidth
1 IPV4

NY Test File: http://192.157.56.147/test500.zip
NY Test IP: 192.157.56.147

Kansas City Test File: http://204.27.58.162/test500.zip
Kansas City Test IP: 204.27.58.162

Order Link: http://billing.digitaleh.ca/order.php?o=vps

Let me know if you have any questions!

Comments

• 1GB Dedicated RAM / 2GB Burst in NYC $7/mo

Huh? It's not NYC...

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2013

Looks like the ASN number routes to CC, but the IP is a Canadian one. Please confirm whether this is a New York City or Buffalo offer as there is a difference.

EDIT: Traceroutes show that this is located in Buffalo, NY.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

The server itself is in NY but the company that hosts these boxes is Canadian and they've had all the ips geo location set to Canada

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@agoldenberg New York City is not the same as New York State.

Sorry it's colo crossing. I knew I would screw something up!

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2013

Correct it is not, there is a ~350-400 mile difference with a slight latency difference. I would suggest correcting your advertisement. I actually used to live in NYC but moved to Buffalo last year :p

edited February 2013

I did correct it :) Also forgot to mention prices are in CAD so you Americans get it slightly cheaper than $7

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@agoldenberg I like your website, it's nice and clean however it will be hard for you to compete here with gazillion of other colocrossing deals all over the lowendbox/lowendtalk.

@spirit It's about support and service my friend :) Also Since we keep things small and personal, we can also do things like custom configs and not charge through the nose for it.

Just Sweetened the Pot and Updated Package Specs and Pricing! Enjoy :D

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

6Gb Burst? Thats a first.

Didn't mean to rhyme yo

6GB Burst says Hassan in Reverse! Bro you have something there lol!

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2013

@agoldenberg said: Just Sweetened the Pot and Updated Package Specs and Pricing! Enjoy :D

Hi, its quite confusing, your title says 4GB RAM yet your post says 1GB RAM?

Some additional questions:

• What sort of processors are you using? Are you including any logical cores?
    • Are you using DDR3 RAM?
    • Are you using software or hardware RAID? If hardware RAID what sort of controller are you using, and is it a 4 port or 8 port controller? Does it have BBU, if so what cache size?
    • What type of RAID are you using? Drive models?
    • Assuming OpenVZ - what is the numproc limit on these VPS's (if any)?
    • Do you own your own hardware or do you lease? Or do you resell another provider?
    • What sort of support will you provide on these type of VPS's? You never mentioned if it was unmanaged or managed.
    • What VPS control panel are you using?
    • What virtualization technology are you using?
    • Are you utilizing 2.6.18 or 2.6.32 kernels?
  • DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

Holy S! It's 4GB in the order page, guess he's changing the LET post right now.

CVPS sure loves this. :P

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Kevin, nevermind that, join me in the cest pit for undercutting!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@agoldenberg - You should really reconsider all this. Yesterday was about to go with OVH, then Joe's DC, now with colocrossing... specs/offer changes on the fly, etc... You seems like nice guy and I wish you all the best however you will kill yourself (your business) that way. Hold your horses and take some time to plan.

@CVPS_Kevin

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz x 2
    32GB DDR3 1333 ECC
    Software RAID 1
    My hardware is lease to own.

I will provide the best possible support I can. I can't say it's managed or unmanaged. I will provide any kind of help or insight that I can.

I am using Solus and OpenVZ.

I think that about covers it.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

Can you add a 64bit centos 6 template?

Just a notice. Seems you are emailing the wrong IP on setup

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2013

Considering its RAID1 I would need to agree with @Spirit, you are obviously not looking at the big picture here.. your real bottleneck here would be Disk I/O and I would never run a production VPS node on RAID1. You're going to run into nightmares with that disk I/O, not to mention its software RAID hence slow resyncs which result to degraded performance to your clients every week (every Sunday midnight CentOS runs resyncs on SW raid arrays to check on its health). Additionally upon force restarts or disk replacements the drives will need to rebuild and will heavily bog down the system during this process, for this reason I recommend not going the cheap route and just spending a few hundred dollars on a quality RAID controller. Just some friendly advise, best of luck.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

Also remove Joe’s Datacenter name from your TOS. It appears too many times ;-)

You know I'm here trying to offer a service that is fair and enjoyable. So Kevin if you don't mind, please either order a VPS or take a walk. You have lots of clients with tickets in I'm sure that need tending to. So stop trying to discredit me, and go do something productive.

I said I was relatively new at this, and $7 isn't a massive risk to try me and see how she goes.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@agoldenberg He is just trying to provide some friendly advice.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2013

@agoldenberg said: You know I'm here trying to offer a service that is fair and enjoyable. So Kevin if you don't mind, please either order a VPS or take a walk. You have lots of clients with tickets in I'm sure that need tending to. So stop trying to discredit me, and go do something productive.

I said I was relatively new at this, and $7 isn't a massive risk to try me and see how she goes.

I'm sorry? I was just providing some friendly advise as I understand your new to the VPS business...

I would hope this isn't your typical attitude towards those who are only trying to be kind. Either way, its your business and everything is up to you, I was only trying to help :)

• Offer that is either unprofitable or going to be massively oversold
    • Copy & paste important agreement for client relations without reading
    • Pissed off at advice

Best of luck.

@CVPS_Kevin while I appreciate the advice, I have been in the shared hosting business for 8 years and have had maybe a handful of complaints. I plan to keep this business relatively the same.

If stuff doesn't work 100% right, I will try and find what works for me. I know a lot of people that work on a lot of servers that can offer their advice as well.

I do appreciate it :) but I would prefer a PM over hijacking the thread.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2013

Alrighty no problem, also just wanted to say the VPS market isn't like shared hosting where you can sell unlimited disk/BW and pack thousands of accounts on the same server, as with VPS customers have more control and are not restricted in what they can do whereas in shared hosting they are.

Again, best of luck.

@jarland Only selling 10 of these on the entire box.

Copy and paste of the agreement was because I read it and it had what I needed to say in it. (I was also considering starting at Joe's DC but opted for a bit more east)

I'm not pissed at the advice. I'm pissed at the manner in which it is being delivered.

This is an offer thread he could have PMed me that type of questioning and I would have been happy to deliver it to him. Either way I do appreciate the tips I simply prefer for that discussion to take place elsewhere.

@CVPS_Kevin I'm aware. That's why I am only offering 10 of these on the whole box. This is not a regular thing. This is something for LEB / LET people who are up late lol!

• Also one last question, do you allow Minecraft?

Thanks for your time.

10 of them is oversold 2:1. If that's all you sell on the whole box and that fits your plans, you're probably ok.